Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #1141
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Cool

Trust Your Doctor!

I so can't wait for the American nod episode. It sounds like Area 51 too me!

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1142
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

For any spoiler-lovers out there, I wanna point out this fan-hosted website...

http://doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #1143
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

World

I know this might be sort of off topic, but not really. Since Doctor Who is having an Area 51 type episode. At least, what I assuming the America episode is going to be about.

Hypothetically speaking, if you believe there is life out there or not? I was wondering, if the UK has a similar cover up type story like Roswell, New Mexico or Area 51?

This does include the 456 cover up from the UK government.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #1144
theone
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvaleyard View Post
I know this might be sort of off topic, but not really. Since Doctor Who is having an Area 51 type episode. At least, what I assuming the America episode is going to be about.

Hypothetically speaking, if you believe there is life out there or not? I was wondering, if the UK has a similar cover up type story like Roswell, New Mexico or Area 51?

It is a bit of topic but nevertheless an interesting point. Maybe even a thread could be started for this.

In answer to your question that would be a yes. Apparently there were “cover ups” from the time of Churchill. The real question is, are they cover ups or conspiracy theories?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10853905

I am a fan of Dr Who and other Science Fiction programs but I am also a realist and accept that most of the theories bandied about on such programmes do not concur with the known laws of physics.
Viewing things with scientific objectivity I think such reports are more likely to be biased on the conspiracy theorist side rather than be classified as true cover-ups.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.

Last edited by theone; 03-12-2011 at 02:36 AM.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #1145
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvaleyard View Post

Roswell, new mexico was the same event just for the record. Don't know if you knew or whether it was just the way i read it.
Anyway these conspiracies do explain the sudden increase in technology advance and its stead increase. Almost a controlled one like something is been held back and where ben drip feed the information.
Yes i do believe there is life up there. From a realistic view you can't say one of the Billions of planets only this one is capable of life. Just not realistic and i do believe there have been many cover-ups. I believe in the Philadelphia project and the moon landing been faked but we have been there.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #1146
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Wait The Doctor meets Dr. Emmett Brown.

When a Doctor meets a doctor.

I wonder, whose fault is this one? One has trouble flying a time machine and the other has trouble driving a time machine.

LGBT Community Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #1147
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
Roswell, new mexico was the same event just for the record. Don't know if you knew or whether it was just the way i read it.
Anyway these conspiracies do explain the sudden increase in technology advance and its stead increase. Almost a controlled one like something is been held back and where ben drip feed the information.
Yes i do believe there is life up there. From a realistic view you can't say one of the Billions of planets only this one is capable of life. Just not realistic and i do believe there have been many cover-ups. I believe in the Philadelphia project and the moon landing been faked but we have been there.
Yeah, I knew they were the same, but I was thinking more on the lines of keeping Area 51 as a place of secrets and Roswell as a cover up. Maybe, I should have clarified more?

I agree the universe is too big to just have us on this lonely, little planet.

I heard about the conspiracy theory of reverse engineering of alien tech. One thing about conspiracy theories is they are fun to talk about, but hard to prove.

As an American, I feel that it is my duty to say we landed on the moon, but I can see the U.S. winning the Cold War was more important, rather than what might have been the 'real' truth.

So lets go back to Doctor Who. Asuming the episode is about Roswell and/or Area 51. Where do you think this episode of Area 51 or the Roswell incident might take us? I have been wondering, after all these years, why did it take until 2011 for Doctor Who to address this type of science fiction story?

Something tells me this will be better than the Star Trek: Deep Space 9 story of the Roswell incident with the Ferengi in Little Green Men.

This is Quark, the Ferengi in that episode. If you play with his ear it will turn him on.

LGBT Community Thread

Last edited by drvaleyard; 03-15-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #1148
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Not sure about the USA, but people from the UK can expect a new trailer this weekend
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #1149
Digital

Location: Somewhere between the top and the bottom of the planet

I know this would have been more appropriate about 57 pages back or so.. But I'm not fond of new Doctor Who.. Not so much the Doctor (Although I'm not entirely keen) but also of the writers.. They got better progressively through the series, but when the first couple came out I was mortified.. Power-Ranger Daleks were just far too childish, it just lost its sense of brilliance and replaced it with sillyness and games..

Doesn't stop me from watching, of course :-p
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #1150
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
I know this would have been more appropriate about 57 pages back or so.. But I'm not fond of new Doctor Who.. Not so much the Doctor (Although I'm not entirely keen) but also of the writers.. They got better progressively through the series, but when the first couple came out I was mortified.. Power-Ranger Daleks were just far too childish, it just lost its sense of brilliance and replaced it with sillyness and games..

Doesn't stop me from watching, of course :-p
Don't blame writers for the New Parody Daleks. That's down to the designers and, really, Steven Moffat himself for giving it the greenlight.

Thankfully, the series got darker and it looks like the upcoming series will be one of the darkest, if not the darkest, series to date.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #1151
Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Don't blame writers for the New Parody Daleks. That's down to the designers and, really, Steven Moffat himself for giving it the greenlight.

Thankfully, the series got darker and it looks like the upcoming series will be one of the darkest, if not the darkest, series to date.

Ahh good point, although I think some blame should go to the writers, not so much because of the story, which I think isn't that bad (Except doing another Weeping Angels, I think that was un-neccesary), but I just don't find the script as strong as it used to be.. THen again, maybe it's just me, I hate change, and I've always loved Tennant, in other stuff as well, so I suppose that could just be my opinion taking over, rather than actual bad script..

If that makes sense..?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #1152
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Ahh good point, although I think some blame should go to the writers, not so much because of the story, which I think isn't that bad (Except doing another Weeping Angels, I think that was un-neccesary), but I just don't find the script as strong as it used to be.. THen again, maybe it's just me, I hate change, and I've always loved Tennant, in other stuff as well, so I suppose that could just be my opinion taking over, rather than actual bad script..

If that makes sense..?
I get your point and I do agree there were weak scripts in S5. I put it down to the whole show getting a makeover though, and also the fact Moffat didn't edit scripts as much as RTD did. RTD went over every writers' script (apart from Moffat's), whereas Moffat has left the writers to it, leading to inconsistencies and such.

I think they'll all find their feet much better in S6 though.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #1153
Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

I get your point and I do agree there were weak scripts in S5. I put it down to the whole show getting a makeover though, and also the fact Moffat didn't edit scripts as much as RTD did. RTD went over every writers' script (apart from Moffat's), whereas Moffat has left the writers to it, leading to inconsistencies and such.

I think they'll all find their feet much better in S6 though.
I really hope they do, I also hope they don't bring River Song back again (I think that was her name, I spent a while trying to find it.. The woman who pops up) I just don't like her charecter..

Also, as a final rant towards new Doctor Who's bad points, am I the only person who thinks Matt Smith is a bit too young and excitable..? What I loved about the other two (I say other two, as I have yet to see the original series') was the fact they could have fun, but had all the seriousness and emotion that Matt Smith just doesn't have.. Once again it could be a script thing, or me just not liking him much, but yeah..

Oh well I'm still looking forward to the new series and strongly hoping they've fixed these teething problems
Old 03-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #1154
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
I really hope they do, I also hope they don't bring River Song back again (I think that was her name, I spent a while trying to find it.. The woman who pops up) I just don't like her charecter..

Also, as a final rant towards new Doctor Who's bad points, am I the only person who thinks Matt Smith is a bit too young and excitable..? What I loved about the other two (I say other two, as I have yet to see the original series') was the fact they could have fun, but had all the seriousness and emotion that Matt Smith just doesn't have.. Once again it could be a script thing, or me just not liking him much, but yeah..

Oh well I'm still looking forward to the new series and strongly hoping they've fixed these teething problems
Two things, basically.

River's back, but her story is "wrapped up" in Series 6. Whether this means the end of her completely, though, in the series, is unknown.

And Matt does serious really well, as will be shown more this year. (Personally, I'm glad he's been more eccentric - Eccleston gave us a war-torn damaged Doctor, and Tennant gave us overly-pathetic-emo too much, IMO.)
Old 03-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #1155
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

To see Matt's talent, watch the scene in "The Big Bang" when he talks to young Amy just before he steps through the crack. Young, but he looks so old and tired. And he's just absolutely amazing in that scene.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood