Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 06-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
MischievousKitten
gD king

Default The hate with dare requests

What's with all the hate for people asking for dares? I'm really tired of people responding with "You should go search the site."

To me, being personally dared to do something is different than sifting through all the same dares every day to find something that fits your limits, and that you haven't read 10 times already. Even if a link is given to another dare.

As a side note, I can never get dares posted to me, and the one time I did double-post days later I was mostly given hate for not looking myself. It's not that I'm too lazy to look, it's that I want to be personally dared things. I'm sure everyone else who posts feels the same way.

Anyway, there's my little rant there.

(It lists my old Dom there too lazy to change it)

Full Likes/Dislikes
PM Dares
My Transition
My Rules
Things I have
BDSMTest (3/14/2018)

Biggest denial: 175 days
MischievousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Davros
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateduelist View Post
It's not that I'm too lazy to look, it's that I want to be personally dared things. I'm sure everyone else who posts feels the same way.
And that's a valid viewpoint, but from the viewpoints of the people who give dares, it's really repetitive.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

maybe another problem is that a lot people ask for dares but will never say anything about them once they got them... thinking of something and getting a "will maybe do it" it just not satisfying in any way for most people... So i can understand why some start to say "search one for yourself"...
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
DaniBlonde

Its understandable but unfortunate, a few people that ask for dares then never respond bring out reactions from people who will and then get hated... Its just the way things go im afraid
DaniBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
give_me_dares
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to give_me_dares Send a message via Yahoo to give_me_dares

with me, because i am one who asks, my veiw is that some people have different limits. doing ones that i get in my own thread i do. but people ask for me to respond in how it went. i don't like responding and i don't want to read through others because i don't have the time.

im getting a webcam soon and if anyone under 16 want's a game, send me a pm

limits: poo, pee, crossdressing, extreme public, messy, pain, family

please give me dares by pressing here
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...0847#post70847
give_me_dares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by give_me_dares View Post
but people ask for me to respond in how it went. i don't like responding and i don't want to read through others because i don't have the time.
Could possibly have something to do with the fact that you obviously expect people to spend the time coming up with dares that are tailored to you, but you won't take the time to respond with how it went. If they're daring you to do something they'd probably want to hear how it went/what happened
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
2EggsOverEasy

I don't profess any hate for users who ask for dare requests. Right now, I see it as an opportunity...maybe that will change, maybe not. (As a newbie, I'm probably not "hardened" to repetitiousness of the requests...yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
maybe another problem is that a lot people ask for dares but will never say anything about them once they got them...
The approach I'm experimenting with is that I'll offer up dares that meet the requester's (requestor's?) stated limits, yet I include as part of a dare a requirement that the individual blog about it upon completion. My theory is that if you ask for a dare, you're admitting that you are unable to decide for yourself and therefor must be assigned dares that you have no option NOT to complete. (My first experimental subject was socks22, http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=13023, we'll see how well it works).

Remember, your reality has no impact on my idealism.

Now go be daring....

+ :
humiliation, exhibitionism, toys and more, oh my!
- :
extreme pain, scat, illegal
? :
bondage, slavery, food

! :My judgement rules, unless you can convince me otherwise - now go be daring!
2EggsOverEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #8
Mephistopheles
and amen I say unto you

Even though I am rather young, I have been around the TorD community a while soooo wooo story time.

There used to be other sites similar to getdare that were awesome and active and had all sorts of cool users on them. They were mainly late-teen early adults geared (the 13 year old group was much smaller on them). Places like tord.dyndns and rigz.org were excellent and fun resources.

What happened to these places? Well, eventually they went down or became useless due to technical reasons. Before that however, they were made horrible be people constantly spamming and asking for "darez no limit plz" or "will u be my master????". It drove off the good users and the sites degenerated into asinine, worthless spam and eventual inactivity.

Interestingly, those sites were not even geared towards M/S at all--it just happens that TorD tends to attract an M/S crowd. If I recall, there was also a time when getdare did not have the M/S section.

Getdare avoids most of these issues by having dedicated subforums for dare-begging and M/S, which makes it easy to avoid. I rarely post but I do check the boards nearly daily and I usually avoid those sections for the above mentioned reasons.

In conclusion? The reason some of us dislike dare-begging and master-begging is that it tends to degenerate into barely coherent leet-speek idiocy and has ruined more than one great site in the past.

We do not want getdare to end up like that.
Mephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
war990
getDare Sweetheart

And another thing that annoys me is the people who tell you to go and search the site will then sign on the next day and post in the T or D section asking for dares and then you tell them to search the site and they get mad.

-War-

Limits: No poo, family, friends, extreme pain, cross dressing.

Likes: Light public, discrete friends, light pain, underwear control.

Maybes: Major public, more noticeable friends stuff, mild pain.

Items I own: Jockstrap (with and without cups), speedos, briefs, compression shorts, compression shirt, compression pants, cycling gear, wrestling singlet, butt plugs, dildos, chastity.
war990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by give_me_dares View Post
people ask for me to respond in how it went. i don't like responding and i don't want to read through others because i don't have the time.
Okay you have the time to start 4-5 threads per week, do the dares, bump your threads to get more dares but won't take a few minutes of your very precious time to give back to whom gave you? Oh oops sorry... you don't have the time... hey maybe those who stopped replying to you have some "schedule issues" too... Just a thought...

And to reply to the original question, I don't think there's a problem with users asking for dares in general. But recently there has been an increase of mediocre demands in that section, a bit like Mephisto described. Very little information & a basic "give me dares" (ah! no pun intended to the poster to which I've just replied btw) is more likely to go down with either no replies or sarcastic ones.

So to anyone who wants to post in TorD: Don't be afraid to give as much details as possible. This won't reduce the amount of replies & will most likely increase the quality of them instead.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Getdare avoids most of these issues by having dedicated subforums for dare-begging and M/S, which makes it easy to avoid. I rarely post but I do check the boards nearly daily and I usually avoid those sections for the above mentioned reasons.

In conclusion? The reason some of us dislike dare-begging and master-begging is that it tends to degenerate into barely coherent leet-speek idiocy and has ruined more than one great site in the past.

We do not want getdare to end up like that.
You hit the nail directly on the head. The sections here are deliberate. The TORD online section was created to move dare begging into its own area away from the real Truth or Dare content. Also the Slave/Master section started partly as a way to keep people from crapping up the dare forums like what was happening on other sites.

Over time each section has evolved into a unique part of the community. Giving people what they want has made getDare popular.

In the end if you make an intelligent well written dare request that provides people an idea of what you are looking for and who you are, you will get replies. The people with poorly written or low-content posts are the same ones who complain they never get results.

Advertisements
Kink Talk