Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Default Some Chat issues

I have some chat issues, and all these issues didn't happen with the old chat. There, so now you all cant say it is my computer

When I click on the smile icon, it takes a little while for it to come up. When I close it, it takes a little while for it to close. Then after it is closed, none of my letters want to type, so I have to wait a little while for that too.

Even when I don't close the smiles thing, sometimes it takes a little while for my letters to actually type.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
CodtsQ

Default Mmhm.

You mean like a lag? Ya, I had that problem but then I started using Google Chrome. Now it's all better.
CodtsQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
depp
SysOp

If you are using a browser with generially poor Javascript performance you can expect poor chat performance on some machines. If you are on a low end machine I would maybe try using Firefox or Chrome. Both browser have very smart Javascript implementations that will shine on machines that otherwise struggle with such things in Internet Exploder.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
fork
Account Banned

I figured instead of making a new thread, I'd post on here since it's about the chat.. Sometimes when I try to open the history, it opens as just a blank white page. Other times it works perfectly.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork View Post
I figured instead of making a new thread, I'd post on here since it's about the chat.. Sometimes when I try to open the history, it opens as just a blank white page. Other times it works perfectly.
Thanks for reporting this. I've been able to confirm it and have found the bug causing it. It's gonna take me a while to fix because it involves me rewriting the vBulletin integration for the chat, but I am aware of the issue and working on it.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
depp
SysOp

The issue from the above post should now be fixed. I re-wrote all the vBulletin integration code to prevent this particular circumstance. Should anyone now experience errors or become unable to enter the chat please let me know.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
The issue from the above post should now be fixed. I re-wrote all the vBulletin integration code to prevent this particular circumstance. Should anyone now experience errors or become unable to enter the chat please let me know.
Yeah its fixed... Google Chrome.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote