Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 04-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Legs4Days

Default How did YOU end up here?

So I'm coming around to my first year here and I thought of questions I feel like people never get asked and they are questions I'm really curious to hear answers from new people and veterans of this site alike. How did you get here? Below are a bit more specific questions.

1. When did you join GD? (How old were you?)

2. Why did you join?

3. How did you find this site?

4. Was there any time between finding the site and making your account? If so how long?

5. Why did you pick the name that you did?

6. What was your first avatar of and why? If you've never had an avatar. Why not?

7. What was your first impression of the site?

8. What is your impression now?

9. Is there any people that you interacted with on here that made you enjoy the site more/ make you feel at home?

10. If yes to question 9. Do you still talk to them? If not, why not?

11. Was there anyone who scared you and made you almost leave the site(Don't have to say names just a yes or no) ?

12. What is your favorite part about this site?
28/F/Bi
My newest story! Lmk what you think!https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=419926
My toys if you care: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=96042
Legs4Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
masterfulsensation
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs4Days View Post
So I'm coming around to my first year here and I thought of questions I feel like people never get asked and they are questions I'm really curious to hear answers from new people and veterans of this site alike. How did you get here? Below are a bit more specific questions.

December 2014, 38

2. Why did you join?
I found it browsing, was seriously impressed by a girls advert and knew it was a much more suitable site for me than any i'd found before!

Googling "mind control" lol, a sub from a different site kept asking me about it so I was searching for ideas that might work online!

4. Was there any time between finding the site and making your account? If so how long?
Nope, only an hour or two!

Haha, no idea, I wanted something with master or dom in it and it was the first thing that popped into my head!

6. What was your first avatar of and why? If you've never had an avatar. Why not?
It was of some suspension cuffs, just a pic from fetishtoybox

I was really impressed, it seemed a lot of fun though a little awkward to navigate!

I still think it's a great place to play and spend time, i've even got the hang of finding things lol!
I can't believe how many wonderful people and good friends i've met here!

9. Is there any people that you interacted with on here that made you enjoy the site more/ make you feel at home?
Soooooo many for a lot of different reasons, I couldn't begin to name and thank them all!

Many of them yes, others move on to new things!

11. Was there anyone who scared you and made you almost leave the site(Don't have to say names just a yes or no) ?
Nope!

I'd have to say the other users! As I said above, it's amazing just how many cool people I meet here!
Likes - Tease and denial, edging, spanking, bondage, light pain, gags, blindfolds, DD/lg, humiliation, ice, anal, hidden public, body writing, vibes, orgasm/clothing/exercise/sleep/shower/touch control, body writing, toys!
Dislikes - Hypno, diapers!
Limits - Anything stupid, full public, ageplay, scat, breath play, permanent!

MALE DOM 44
masterfulsensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
subcody

1. When did you join GD? (How old were you?) a few months back, 25

2. Why did you join? I was bored and was looking up self bondage, the self bondage potato came up and I was like........ Yeah

3. How did you find this site? Came up on google

4. Was there any time between finding the site and making your account? If so how long? 25.2 min

5. Why did you pick the name that you did? Well I am a submissive of some sort and my name is Cody subcody was free so why not.

6. What was your first avatar of and why? If you've never had an avatar. Why not? The one I have now, little demon cat. I have 2 cats and they are demons so why not have a symbol of them as my avatar.

7. What was your first impression of the site? Circles are super small.

8. What is your impression now? Same

9. Is there any people that you interacted with on here that made you enjoy the site more/ make you feel at home? Yes

10. If yes to question 9. Do you still talk to them? If not, why not? occasionally

11. Was there anyone who scared you and made you almost leave the site(Don't have to say names just a yes or no) ? No I think I annoyed someone and they said something to me, so I trolled a bit and then I got the silent treatment for a bit but that's nothing to quit over.

12. What is your favorite part about this site? Random input about sexual activity

bondage, anal, pain, humiliation, submission, pictures .

Limits
Scat, drinking pee, public, anything to do with family, illegal, extreme pain, anything I feel is too dangerous, social suicide, anal without lube,

My equipment

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81293

My training and rules

Pm dares

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81407
subcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
Dirty_diaperedDumbo

Quote:

My Junior Year of College

2. Why did you join?
lonely to express my deep seated bdsm impulses that were so anti the life I grew up with yet stemmed from it completely

Just online searching of spanking bdsm and chat

I do not remember

I've made several accounts...the first two were about spanking cause that was my main attraction to dbsm. My current name is based on my major scat fantasies

I don't recall

unsure what i thought

Can be a waste of time, but allows to meet interesting folks and seems like a safe way to explore one's sexual tastes

Sure, finding a person that you have multiple interactions with can be more fun...

longest contact has been 8 years

Can't say so

Not sure... it's a little too anti-xrated....that's the least favorite thing.

Best Toys Ever

[URL="https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=246498[/URL]
Regular Toilet
Dirty_diaperedDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #5
Doux et vivant
getDare Sweetheart

25, I am new and only joined in January.

2. Why did you join?
You know to find interesting people.

Google...

It took me 12 minutes.

Ah because I am sweet and lively. Doux et vivant. It is fitting.

I don't even remember, just a random photo I think. I change them a lot for fun. This has been the longest one though and I chose it for my Dom.

Fun and amusing

Constantly amused, and somewhat perplexed by all the weirdness.

Uhm crazy enough these were some of the first two I really spoken with:
Happyme
Morkhai

Yes I do

Uhm sometimes people are very rude and they don't leave you alone.

12. What is your favorite part about this site? The people. The colour scheme sucks though.

Want to join me in a BDSM related chat with amazing people? You can send a note and ask me about it.
Doux et vivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 PM   #6
horny little one

a friend told me about it so i checked it out and joined.
horny little one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #7
Two kinds
getDare Sweetheart

I joined officially on 9-20-2015 but i browsed frequently for a few months before joining, and i was 16
2. Why did you join?
Seemed like a great way to have some fun with real people with no real risk of getting exposed
I liked to play truth or dare on omegle, so i was looking up truth or dare online group chats and this site came up
like i said i browsed before joining, and it was probably about 4-5 months
My name is the name of a furry comic that i was reading at the time, and i really recommend it haha, even if you dont like furry stuff it is a really good story
if i can remember correctly i think it was the main female character from two kinds
This is the coolest thing ever
This is the coolest thing ever hahaha
I'm not gonna name names but there are lots of really good people here and some i now call true friends
some yes some no, i left getdare for a little and lost touch with some sadly
not really no
this goes with the questions before, just the people you meet i love the community

LOVES: Piss, Hidden Public, and Crossdressing

DISLIKES: Scat, Light and Pain

LIMITS:Face, Pain, Bodywriting, Noise, Full Exposure, Friends or Famly, & Social Suicide[/SIZE]
Two kinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

Quote:

1. When did you join GD? (How old were you?) 26

2. Why did you join? I don't recall specifically, but I assume to get/receive dares and general bdsm interests.

3. How did you find this site? Google search for online truth or dare

4. Was there any time between finding the site and making your account? If so how long? It seems like I lurked as a visitor for a few months, but don't really remember.

5. Why did you pick the name that you did? It was the same ID I used on other "alternative" sites. At the time I was living near Atlanta and had recently passed the bar exam, thus "Atown" as a reference to ATL and esq, because at the time I thought it was cool to be able to legitimately add that suffix to my name. Now, I think the whole name is stupid and dooshy, but it's not worth the trouble to change it.

6. What was your first avatar of and why? If you've never had an avatar. Why not? I think this one is my first one, it's Jackie Chiles, a parody character of Johnny Cochran, from Seinfeld, one of my favorite shows.

7. What was your first impression of the site? Some interesting ideas here, but not sure how realistic many are. Also, I didn't care for the color orange.

8. What is your impression now? It's like everything else, there is good and bad.

9. Is there any people that you interacted with on here that made you enjoy the site more/ make you feel at home? There have been various people at different times, yes.

10. If yes to question 9. Do you still talk to them? If not, why not? Some yes, but I don't think anyone still from when I first join, for a number of reasons, most people just seem to disappear after some time.

11. Was there anyone who scared you and made you almost leave the site(Don't have to say names just a yes or no) ? Not to the point I almost left, but I did make the mistake of getting involved with some shady people who turned out not to be who they seemed.

The games, general banter, and the fact that for the most part everyone is open-minded and accepting/respectful of each other.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #9
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

I'm going to preface by saying that this is not my intention to lie but some of my answers are going to seem a bit vague. Just bear with me, I've been here a long time.

I joined getDare all the way back in 2009, I was 23 at the time.

2. Why did you join?
This seemed like a fun site that was fueling my interests at the time, Ill touch on that more in the next question. I also thought I could find more meaning into the D/s world, and this site was the main driving force for me being involved it AND me finding out that I was a switch.

I found this site because of my interest in dice dares at the time. I was part of another online tord site at the time and it was fizzling. There were no new dares so I went on google and yahoo looking for dice dares, particularly anal dice dares at the time and after a bit of searching getDare came up.

Maybe like two days? I don't quite remember but I know it wasn't a very long time.

Komodo Dragons are my favorite animal, though I would never want to meet one in real life. And I think Jones may have been a subconscious choice as there's a Crash Bandicoot villain called Komodo Joe, I think. Which is weird if there is because only the Crash game I played was Crash Team Racing, but anyway the Jones part doesn't really hold any significance. But the initial does go along well with what most people call me here which is KJ.

I haven't the foggiest idea if I had an avatar before this one. I've had this one for so long that I can't remember anything before it.

This seems a lot better and a lot more extensive than my other site.

There are too many people who think with their crotch rather than their heads. But of course there are good ones too who have become some of my closer friends. I don't know while it seems to have increased in population, the quality seems a little less, who knows why.

You know I'm sure there were. Especially people that I became friends with the first I came into chat. However, the majority of my enjoyment has not really been on this site but offsite interactions.

No I don't. Most of the friends I met in the chat have moved on. Like I said I've been here a long time and the populous changes.

Yes, and I couldn't remember the names even if you asked me to.

While I have enjoyed subbing and Domming in several aspects, I've enjoyed answering truths and authoring stories and dice dares of my own. My favorite part about this site as that it has found me some of my closest and life-long friends who I can be this side of my life without feeling judged.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #10
Cstelle
gD Curio

I joined in October or November 2014 (gD doesn't know how to write dates properly...). I was so young and innocent! (Well, no, I was old - but I think that I'm a little bit younger today.)

2. Why did you join?

It's complicated. I was going through a bad spot; I felt my life was going flat at the same time as I was becoming increasingly afraid of change. It's complicated - but I had a clear purpose in joining. [I thought of it as a one-year project...]

Through Google. I sort of found gD several times - found, forgot its name, found it again. I was probably googling for exhibition dares.

See above. When I finally found gD properly, I lurked for... perhaps a week or two?... before I joined. But I wasn't really following discussions, or anything. I was surfing the site, using search to find posts with exciting ideas.

I meant to write something entirely different (and I've honestly forgotten what it was! [I FEAR - but am not sure - that I was doing a riff on the film title Charlie St. Cloud]), but made a typo. I got flustered, meant to backspace - I may have been in the wrong window - and at some point I accidentally hit ENTER. But I liked the result, and now, a few years later, I'm a little bit sad that I can't use the name anywhere else.

It's been Birgitte Helm from the beginning. She played Maria in Fritz Lang's Metropolis. The film has a special place in my life story. (I had a Colin "Lager Is My Middle Name" Stella for a few days but it didn't feel right.)

Exciting. A treasure trove of ideas. Friendly and inclusive people.

I think my first impression about the people was right. I still think they are the friendliest and most inclusive bunch I've (n)ever met.

Yes.

It wasn't like that. They were people who talked about things in ways that made me feel at home. There wasn't that much direct communication.

No.

At different times different things! I seem to go through phases! The blogs, obviously! I love, love, LOVE all the puzzle picture dice dare things - and I don't even know why - and one of these days I will participate with a picture of my own! (It's been very very very very close a few times already!) The competitions! The truths! The stories! Before the current spambot thing I even read the Ban List! The only area I don't often visit, is the Slave/Master tangent. And Lounge hasn't been terribly spicy lately, has it? And the super seeeeekrit Elite Member Area is (if you can hold a secret?) dead.

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk