Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Wow.

Thoughts here.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #1547
Star Shadows
Prodigy

I loved the first episode of the new thingy of doctor who. It was great. Just... WOW watched it twice now.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #1548
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
I loved the first episode of the new thingy of doctor who. It was great. Just... WOW watched it twice now.
Headfuckery of the highest order, but great!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #1549
Thoughtwrangler
Account Banned

I've watched it a couple of times too. I didn't enjoy it that much, it felt like an episode where very little happened. Like it was there only for the purpose of showing Riversong right at the start. Much more interested in next week.

A bit about me.
A bit more about me

Discord: thoughtwrangler

Proud to own this cunt
Thoughtwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #1550
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtwrangler View Post
I've watched it a couple of times too. I didn't enjoy it that much, it felt like an episode where very little happened. Like it was there only for the purpose of showing Riversong right at the start. Much more interested in next week.
I agree. It lacked substance, and was just Moffat playing with building blocks. Mels randomly appears after no hints or mentions ever before; bit iffy. And then it all seems rather rushed. Maybe an hour would've helped to flesh the story out a little. But it was very character-based with no plot.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #1551
Embii
getDare Sweetheart

I really enjoyed the episode, I admit there was a little lacking in the actual story but I loved the first half and a bit for all the funny lines and twists.
Really want to go to a gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled though.
Yeah
, that.
Shh, it's a secret.

Embii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #1552
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Torchwood- It was much better to see Jack and Gwen been the main focus and too see a very Torchwood style solution. But Jack is been over gayed i think. The could've done more with the scene where he's looking at her but they didn't. It is getting better and there was no theatrics this time but i can't help but feel this could've been done in five episodes?

Doctor Who- Nice way to start, Bit confused about Mel aging however. It was bit painful in places too as well as rushed. The whole trying to kill the doctor scene and the lack of entry into the crop field were too far. Like some sort of CSI scene where the gun and all that was replaced etc etc. It was painful. Then there was Alex Kingstons acting. Everyone of the normal cast you can see come very naturally to them. River does not. She is quite clearly an act and really until now it was tolerable but when she's opening her legs in 30s Berlin you start too think stop woman. The plot will thicken inevitably but until then i do feel a little well forgotten. It's really good to have the series moving up but it is now border line soap... And the ignoring facts are getting on my wick. Theres cracks in time... sort it later... A little girl is missing... find out later... I'm going to die soon... Let's not do anything to stop it... In fact the only two things of great interest i found were Lake Silenico been a fixed moment in time and River Song giving up her regenerations which means the Doctor theatrically has 23 Regeneration's...
Old 08-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #1553
meggido

I thought the episode was pretty good, lots of funny lines.
I am curious about the 23 regenerations also, whether its gonna work like that or not.
meggido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #1554
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

The part where the guns are swapped around reminded me a bit of Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 AM   #1555
Puggsley

Dear Captain,

I agree that the gay angle has been overplayed in the current Torchwood. I think its a bit to the detriment of his character. The Jack that was turned on by anything that caught his eye, guy or girl was much more fun.

I also agree that the american influence has been to the detriment of the show. They do seem to be relying on spectacle rather than plot, which is a shame. In old Torchwood I think this would have been a two parter at the most.

As for the return of Dr Who, the question I've been asking myself is: Does this mean we wont see River Song any longer? Theoretically as her and the Dr are moving in opposite directions in their time lines, and we saw her regenerate into River Song, surely thats it for her and the Dr, thats all the encounters they get. Anyone want to weigh in on this? Im sure some sort of "Timey Whimey" explaination will be given somewhere so she can come back, but she shouldn't to my way of thinking. I hope not, as I found most of her scenes cringe worthy. I loved the spectacle of the rest of the episode, but her "shopping" excursion was just pants.
Puggsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #1556
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggido View Post
I am curious about the 23 regenerations also, whether its gonna work like that or not.
Probably not

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave1987 View Post
The part where the guns are swapped around reminded me a bit of Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death
The whole series is like TCOFD and that isn't a good thing, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsley View Post
As for the return of Dr Who, the question I've been asking myself is: Does this mean we wont see River Song any longer? Theoretically as her and the Dr are moving in opposite directions in their time lines, and we saw her regenerate into River Song, surely thats it for her and the Dr, thats all the encounters they get. Anyone want to weigh in on this? Im sure some sort of "Timey Whimey" explaination will be given somewhere so she can come back, but she shouldn't to my way of thinking. I hope not, as I found most of her scenes cringe worthy. I loved the spectacle of the rest of the episode, but her "shopping" excursion was just pants.
Spoiler:
We do see River again, but we get to see her just after the events of the Angel story where she possibly earned her pardon. As for more after that... with Moffat around, it's likely she'll be back.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #1557
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsley View Post
As for the return of Dr Who, the question I've been asking myself is: Does this mean we wont see River Song any longer? Theoretically as her and the Dr are moving in opposite directions in their time lines, and we saw her regenerate into River Song, surely thats it for her and the Dr, thats all the encounters they get. Anyone want to weigh in on this?
Not neccesarily, just because it's the first time River Song meets the Doctor doesn't mean it's the last time he see her.

We see events from the Doctor's perspective in that order i.e 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
However they aren't in that order for River Song, so her first meeting with him could be the seventh encounter for him, similarly her second encounter could be his last.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 AM   #1558
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Personally, I'm hoping Moffat lays her to rest at the end of this series. Where else can the relationship go? She's just a shopping list of quirks and we've seen the most interesting side (her knowing him; him not knowing her).

It'd be such a powerful move to have the end of Series 6 show the Doctor with a new hair cut to send her to the Library because there's 'a friend in need', or something.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #1559
McFly

There's probabley a million reasons why this couldn't have been done, but I think the story could have been much better... my idea would have been for the "Doctor" we all know to have actually died on the stairs, but then for River to have turned into the Doctor (Matt Smith) through re-generation! Make sense? That way River still kill's the Doctor but the story still goes on... probabley sound's rubbish to everyone else but it's what I would have liked to of seen!

Also I was expecting the story line of the Doctor chasing down Amy's daughter (to last all 6 episodes) so was suprised to see that all done and dusted in the space of 10 minuates. Also to note if my baby went from 1 week old to 30 something and I missed all her childhood I would more than a little upset as Rory and Amy just seemed to go along with it...

But the Doctor looked as hot as ever, with Rory and his adorable dumb looks.
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #1560
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

No offence but River regenerating into the Doctor and carrying on like that would've been terrible. The Doctor will always be the Doctor. Though I agree regarding the baby storyline. I like the way it was done, with Mels still growing up with her parents, but it was very rushed and done in quick flashbacks. It's almost as if they decided they didn't want to stretch the story out properly and wanted to just get on with other stuff. Poor writing.

I guess Amy and Rory have to just go along with it though because they're aware of the dangers of meddling with time. Their timelines are already screwed enough, as is River's. And they know their daughter turns out alright, so I guess they have a reason to be happy. That said, IIRC, Rory didn't even hold his baby daughter. And Mels growing up with the two is fine, but she wasn't even the original baby (she was Incarnation Two), so they've really missed out on a proper emotional story.

In fact, the prequel did a better job.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood