Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
TheoDares
Account Banned

Default DEBATE CORNER Edition 2: Financial Domination, Nudity on Getdare and Mental Health

Apologies this is late. Was not at home last night.
For far too long has Getdare been littered with weak minded individuals, horny old age pensioners begging for exposure, when what they should be begging for is English Tuition. Too long has this forum been plagued by underage users pretending to be 18 with their "No LIMITS!!!" dares that they don't do. With that being said, it's time for some intelligent debate. It's time for the smart people on the forum to rise! With that, it's time for Debate Corner.

Debate Corner will be a weekly thread on Getdare, coming out every Friday or Saturday depending on your timezone. It will feature three opinions that I hold and then also my argument FOR holding that opinion. The aim of this thread is to encourage some smart conversation, and to encourage some amazing debate that enriches us all! This is an opinion thread and therefore emotions can get high. While passion is great, and I'll certainly be giving some, it's about the smart people in Getdare having fun and debating, not about fighting and argument. So, do you have more brain cells than sex toys? If so, this is the thread for you.

Opinion 1
Financial Domination is okay!

Considering the wide range of fetishes that get explored on Getdare, it’s not a shock that somewhere on the forum - there is someone who is willing to talk to you and explore dares in terms of the same fetish as you. This applies to pretty much all of the kinks and fetishes on the site, but it seems to me - that the one fetish this doesn’t apply to, is Financial Domination. This is a fetish that seems to, not only be overlooked but it borderlines on Kink Shaming with what I see on the forum from members as well as moderators on the site, despite it never officially being made against the rules; it appears to be a taboo subject to many of the members of the corrupt establishment.

BDSM is probably the main, most popular kink on Getdare. Pretty much everyone has got some concept of a Dominant/Submissive fetish on the site, whether this is some type of roleplay that you are into - or simply identifying as a Dom, Top, Handler, Owner, Pet, Sub, Little - whatever it is - domination and submission is ripe on the site. Most men favour femdom; often seeking out Mistresses, that are often in high demand and low supply. You then have some more extreme types of this, such as Exposure and Blackmail - all types of D/S kinks that are experimented with and populised on the forum. If all of these kinks are okay, then I do fail to see what the major issue with Financial Domination is.

Financial Domination is, just like any other D/S relationship, a power play. Where as in Blackmail, information and pictures are surrendered by the submissive, in Financial Domination - currency is surrendered. This can be conducted in a safe manner, however, just like with any Blackmail or Exposure dare, this can also be quite dangerous if not done correctly; but show me a kink that doesn’t apply to. Money is often seen as one of the most important things in the world, if not the most important. It’s the measure of a man so to speak, a crucial divider of class. I see money as the thing that separates us, so for a submissive to surrender this to a dominant, is the sub acknowledging their place as below the dominant.

I am a partaker in Financial Domination, and I always play the role of the top here. Due to Getdare’s “unwritten rules”, I’m not able to take part in this particular kink on the forums and therefore find myself having to go to either Gmail, Kik or Skype in order to take part in this kink. I genuinely fail to see why this is so taboo on the site and think that it is about time we stop kinkshaming Findom and see it for what it is, a regular fetish that is part of the D/s community that a lot of people genuinely enjoy. Pay Piggies are often my favourite slaves to own, and as long as it’s consensual - I fail to see an issue.

Opinion 2
Nudity on Getdare should be allowed

This is an issue that was touched upon last week in the Debate Corner when the topic of Kinktalk was at the forefront. It was revealed that Kinktalk was created as an 18+ counterpart of Getdare when admin Depp found himself with legal troubles that encouraged him to attempt to take the site into a more PG-13 direction. Getdare used to allow users who were 13+ on the site, as it wasn’t as sexualised as it now is - which is rather a shame as there does not seem to be any type of forum or space for 13-17 year olds to partake in dares. Make a Dare was a good platform but closed down a while ago. This is something that perhaps someone should look into making.

We all know full well that there are underaged users on Getdare. Just take a look at some of the posts that people write, or the constant mentions of things such as “Dares to do at school” etc. When joining the site, you have to verify that you are 18-year-old. Failure to disclose this is a fraudulent attempt to violate the Terms and Services of the site. This means that if you say you are 18 and are actually not, you are breaking the law and technically, although not likely, could face prosecution. By now, all users who are supposed to be on the site with accounts should be 18+ and therefore, I see no reason for the ban on nudity that we currently have to continue.

Due to the corrupt establishment, any album I make on the site ends up deleted, even if it has no nudity in it, but hey - I’ll rise against the hate like the Martyr I am. This is because we need the establishment to verify any and all pictures we post to ensure that no nudity gets through onto the server. Kinktalk is very different to this - and acts as the dumping ground for Getdare users who need a place to post their naked images. I believe that we should effectively cut out the middleman of Kinktalk and legalise nudity here on Getdare; the threads anyway are always of this type of nature so I see no reason as to why we can not have pictures of this nature too.

Opinion 3
We have begun glorifying Mental Heath, and it’s wrong.

Okay, I’ve played around with some smaller little topics but from now on, this section of the Debate Corner is going to start looking at some more extreme and proper topics. This week Mental Health and the glorification of it. In line with the social movements of 2016/2017/2018, with liberals beginning to ruin the world, one of the things that have come to the forefront is Mental Health. It’s the idea that it should be talked about, and constantly shoved down everyone’s throats. No longer is it the taboo subject that everyone shied away from, Mental Health has now transformed into the “go to excuse” to explain pretty much every problem in someone's life.

I get that Mental Health is real. I have no quarrels with that. I also get that people who have Mental Health issues deserve help, and guidance with their issues - until they become strong enough to not warrant help. What I don’t get, is why it needs to be shoved down our throats. I can no longer go on my facebook, without seeing 10 statuses from girls feeling the need to tell the world about their problems, blaming their “depression” or their self diagnosed “bipolar”. I can no longer go on my instagram, without seeing wimpy boys crying and moaning and it’s actually doing my head in. Controversial figure in British television, Piers Morgan recently said that people need to “man up” and I completely agree.

I have been diagnosed with three “Mental Health” issues in my lifetime. I’m not willing to go into them here, nor do I feel the need to go into them - but while they affected my life, and while they caused me issues - I still got on with life. I didn’t feel the need to seek attention, and force my issues into everyone's everyday life. I didn’t feel the need to use them as an excuse to get out of my responsibilities. I realised that I had these issues, I manned up and I found ways to deal with them.

With the glorification of Mental Health, people have seemingly begun to believe that it’s “cute” to have a Mental Health disorder… or that it’s the hip new trend for the youngsters: and that’s mainly because it is. Self diagnosing is at an all time high, with everyone thinking they’re a physcologist in the field. People have glorified Mental Health to the point where it’s actually become a trend - and I think I’m just about sick of hearing about people's Mental Health. If it’s that bad - get off your ass, stop crying and do something about it.

<><><><><>

What do YOU think? Is Financial Domination really that different to any other type of domination? Should nudity be allowed on Getdare? Has Mental Health become an excuse for people to not face up to their responsibilities? Comment and let me know your thoughts!

Theodares

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to TheoDares for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk