Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 02-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #76
owlart
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
After a lot of negotiation I have been convinced to post Stix's entry for him due to a bet he made with Bettyboop as to who can stay off the site for the longest. So here it is....
Ah, I wondered where Betty had got to! That explains it!
owlart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #77
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Yea they are both stupidly stubborn we may not be seeing either of them for a while. I don't even know that there is anything other than personal pride at stake.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #78
Xrider

This is my first entry, I know the picture might be slightly borderline concerning the subject, but I guess that's what will make its special touch. In a good way or a bad way, that's up to you to choose.

Love Tree

This picture is part of a set i took while strolling around during fall in a parc. I felt the sight of these two lovers kissing surrounded by towering trees, watching over them, protecting them (actually not so much as I managed to snap a shot) very poetic. The tree on the left is very majestic, as you can probably imagine it from it's size.

Concerning the picture itself, it was shot using y DSLR with its kit lens and slightly tweaked: a bit of level adjustment, warming the colors and a tad of sharpening.

I hop you enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20081018_0044_mod2red.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1950  
Xrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #79
Obedient_Calf
Account Banned

I took this picture on a day out visiting museums in January. I took my camera with me thinking "Oh I'll get some good pictures at them", only to find that the glass screens in the museums made every picture useless. On walking out of one I seen this tree (admittingly it's not a big tree) it turned out to be my best picture IMO of my day out.

Splintered Sunrise.

Last edited by Obedient_Calf; 02-10-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Obedient_Calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #80
DaVance
Distinguished Member

I decided this is a nice looking towering man-made tree and lends itself to creative positioning. My entry photo is the mosaic of the branches against the sky. Postioning is from the ground at the exact center. Lighting is courtesy of the sun. The second photo is just a reference photo of the same tree. I'd guess the height of this tree is 350 feet (about 106 meters).

Why I took the photo? You're asking me? I don't know why I do half the things I do. I was just wandering around in a daze one day and thought I'd try some photos. So here it is.

Camera - nothing special. Editing - just the standard getDare formatting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tree Mosaic.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tree01.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1972  
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #81
Relayer

This photograph was taken early on a foggy morning. Got up early, grabbed my gear and went for a walk. The photograph was taken in a local country park.
I'm on the fence with this one - I like the idea and general composition, but I also felt it was missing 'something'. For that reason, I decided not to upload it to my website.
Seeing as this is specifically about trees though, I figured what the hell - I'm not staking my reputation on this.
The light behind the tree was provided by a street lamp. The tree really needed to be a little wider, but this was the only tree I could use to give me anything close to the desired effect.
Processing was done in Lightroom 3.2, and was fairly minimal.

"Untitled II"
Relayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #82
Tiger
Distinguished Member

I took this picture many years ago because it was a bright, sunny day and I liked the way the green on the tree looked where I was sitting with the blue sky in the background.

Name:	IMG00030.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1973
Old 02-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #83
Swan
Account Banned

I could not post the picture for the first week because my internet crashed. May be I waited too long to post it. But anyway, gladly, this time I got to participate.

This picture is taken from the car with the windows shut, so one can see a bit of the reflection. I haven't edited it at all. It's a banyan tree(Ficus benghalensis). It's the national tree of India. It has a very complex structure and is extensively branched.
Being a Hindu, I understand it's cultural importance, which is the main reason for clicking this. The translation of the Hindi name of this tree is, "wish-fulfilling, divine tree." Clearly, it has a lot of importance in the Hindu mythology. The Gods have been known to meditate under this tree and hence it is worshiped.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SPM_A0103.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1974  
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #84
Tordalk

Send a message via MSN to Tordalk Send a message via Yahoo to Tordalk
Default Towering Trees

When I noticed the new title for this week, I remembered that I once read about a giant wild service tree that grows in my town and that is unique. But unfortunately I didn’t know where it exactly grows, so I searched it during a three hour trip with my bike without finding it.

Then I decided to pick up a photo from the large range of photos of trees I own, because I love trees and take always photos of them.

Actually my favorite quote explains the beauty of the trees. It was Kahlil Gibran who said, that trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky.

The picture I chose was taken when I was the last time in Sweden for a canoe trip.
It was in October so the day started with very low temperatures and I walked around a bit to get warm. That morning was very foggy, but only above the ground so the morning sun could shine on the trees. On a slope I took the photo of some strong oak trees that seemed as if they were real towers high in the sky, because the lake surface and the fog on the shore creates an mystic atmosphere of the absence of land.

Tordalk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	floating_oak.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1978  

27/m likes:
nipple clamps, piss play, deepthroats, outdoors, nudity, pain, bondage, slight public, masturbation, edge, tease&denial, gags, anal, thongs

sometimes:
humiliation, wax, ball bondage + weights

limits:
ball pain by beating/squeezing, needles, wedgies, poo, shaving, family/neighbours, long lasting, showing face

You're allways allowed to pm me if you want to know something or dare me ;-)
Tordalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #85
SmileyHeartBreak

Can I enter now?
Limits = Scat, Illigal, Permanent and anything else really stupid or something!

Haii please do my dice dare!: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=68216

Last edited by SmileyHeartBreak; 02-14-2011 at 05:37 AM.
SmileyHeartBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #86
Perfectionist

I was out visiting this kind of time lost place, yesterday. It is a tiny city, filled with old buildings and old people. It's wonderful. There was an amazing light, too.
And yes, I did add hearts to the background. It is Valentine's day after all.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #87
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyHeartBreak View Post
Can I enter now?
Of course you can- the competition is on open contest anyone can enter whenever they want and pick and chose between the weeks they compete in while maintaining all points

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 02-14-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #88
Aivey
getDare Sweetheart

Default Trowering Tees?

Okay, well, I live in shanghai, and it's a rare occasion that we find trees here... BUT i found trees in our campus! Aaaannnnd they're artificially straight and centered! Well, I took this picture, i chose to stand beneath the trees, as it would give them a towering effect, and I though that angling my camera so that it faced the sun would give it a nice sillouhetting effect, so behold! TREES IN CHINA!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	towering trees.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	1984  

My Fetlife
Ask Me Anything
Aivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #89
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Not long till the end of this week,
you only have 4 hours and 20 minutes
to get your entries in for this week.
clock is ticking

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 02-15-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #90
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Week 2 is now CLOSEDno more entries will be taken from now on for this title.

Week 3
This weeks title is
Love is in the air
It is the week a just after valentines day, and valentines day is admittedly not my cup of tea, it does bring a lot of inspiration into the world of art and photography. So this week you are to bring me a photograph about love, romance, amor... and so on. A nice romantic image to celebrate. I know it isn’t every-ones preferred choice, but try to take a run at it.

New rule. all photos must be recent. non of this “I took this 3 years ago” stuff

Things to consider:
-How you light the set
-Humour and meaning
-Composition and form
-Colours
-Uniqueness and individuality.

Again a reminder of the point scoring....
2 points for posting an image
2 points for an explanation of why you took it.
5 runners up
10 winner.

TWO USERS WILL ALSO GET 4 POINTS FOR HAVING THE MOST MEANINGFUL OR INSPIRATIONAL IMAGE OF THE WEEK.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances, no if’s, no but’s no aww but pleases, No inappropriate photographs, all photographs MUST be PG13.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 1 week to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted but may still be charged.
4. Still no inappropriate content.
5. My word is final, you don’t like how i chose then tough.
6. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little. However they may be edited.
7. All photos must be recent. Taken within a month of weeks entry

The closing time for this entry is Tuesday 22th February at 11pm GMT. (UK time) at which point I will post the next weeks challenge. The winner will be announced on Wednesday 23th.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 02-15-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: excess taggy things

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
competition, contest, images, photo, pictures