Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
Digital

Location: Somewhere between the top and the bottom of the planet

In general I prefer films to books, I just don't have the time or patience to read books.. However in terms of Harry Potter (In the days which I used to read) I found that they both had advantages and disadvantages. The books contained loads more content than the films, and if you were to get the audio book (As I did for the 5th and 6th one) wonderfully read by Steven Fry.. However, the films are far more visual, and while may restrict your imagination to what's on screen, they were brilliantly made, with amazing special effects and great acting (Well, great as far as the genre can go, I wouldn't call them amazing actors, but they played their parts well ). The books on the other hand were considerably more detailed, so much so that I'm going to have to say the books were better

Although I personally would choose to read the books and then watch the films, as both are unmissable!
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
subgirl1993

Books for sure! I think the movies did pretty well at replicating the books, but they leave out things that I wish they would put in. Ex: fourth movie and fourth book made me unhappy :/

But, I think in comparison to other book-movie relationship, the Harry Potter book-movies are generally quite accurate.

Now as to which books I prefer...I prefer the British version to the American version and Spanish version, but the Latin version is quite good as well. They just need to finish the series in the Latin version.

Likes: tease/edging/denial, breast and nipple play/pain, clit/pussy torture

Limits: no public, blackmail, illegal, permanent, body writing, messy, risky/dangerous, scat, blood...

!!!!!NEW!!!!! PM Dares

In Denial Until: July 7, 2024

Unless you care to make it worse
subgirl1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #33
Markbassplayer
Distinguished Member

In pretty much all cases I'll go with the book over the film, and the Harry Potter series is no exception. J.K. Rowling is both a great writer and a great world-builder--in instances where the auther is lacking in one of these factors, a film can sometimes improve upon the story, but in this case there's no improvement needed.

That said, I've very much enjoyed the films. The casting is fantastic, the sets are beautiful, and a few of the scripts did a great job trimming the narrative down effectively.

However, if I ever have kids they're not allowed to see the movies before they read the books
Markbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #34
G.J.
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to G.J. Send a message via Yahoo to G.J.

Does anyone else miss Peeves in the movies? The poltergeist that annoys Harry? =(

He would have been a hilarious character to include, could have had so mush potential!

Internet married to meeacaroline as of 12:08:33 am GMT on June 1st 2011
G.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #35
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J. View Post
Does anyone else miss Peeves in the movies? The poltergeist that annoys Harry? =(

He would have been a hilarious character to include, could have had so mush potential!
I'm a little peeved he got missed out :/
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #36
Embii
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:

Mhmm, he had such potential
Yeah
, that.
Shh, it's a secret.

Embii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #37
heishere
getDare Sweetheart

It'a not even a contest. In spite of Rowling's quite questionable writing style in several of the books, there's no way the movies would ever beat them out. Too much detail, too much story, too much character development, and, as Doctor said, no books=no movies.

Behold! He is here!

Writer, editor, photographer, and mild coffee addict
heishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #38
dare_luke
getDare Sweetheart

The films are great; but they're no match for the books.

My PM Dares

BDSM Test
dare_luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #39
Dare99

Quote:

I think in the beginning of the Sorcerer's Stone they show him for a few seconds when the ghosts come in for the Sorting. He's halfway in the floor of the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw tables.
Dare99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #40
uk lad

the films are average and anyone whos just seen the films doesnt know the full story as the films miss a lot out
uk lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #41
daremaster 1
getDare God

The films are no match for the books!
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #42
DisneyLover8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbassplayer View Post

However, if I ever have kids they're not allowed to see the movies before they read the books

I totally agree with you on that one... My little sister never read the books and when we are watching the movies together she asks me a million and one questions.. When my kids are 11 (maybe sooner... i don't know) that will be one of their birthday presents.

But I love the book... I am a reader I always have and always will. Even though I like watching the movies.. I can't help get angry at them sometimes because there was what I think was important missing form the movie. haha

Like: Some pain, vaginal insertions, boundage, orgasm denial, bladder control
Soft Limits: Semi public, Anal, some messy
Limits: Public, Pee, Poop, family/friends, children
DisneyLover8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk