Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

View Poll Results: Have you ever been hazed?
Yes 11 23.40%
No 36 76.60%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

They do it at sororities too I think, in American Colleges. Or at least they do in movies
I've never been hazed, I may have partook in something like it, but not in a mean, dangerous way.
More like, "Eat 7 ferrero rochers in 60 seconds" or something.
We're so hardcore.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
They do it at sororities too I think, in American Colleges. Or at least they do in movies
I've never been hazed, I may have partook in something like it, but not in a mean, dangerous way.
More like, "Eat 7 ferrero rochers in 60 seconds" or something.
We're so hardcore.
That does not sound too bad, I love Ferrero Rochers. Hazing does not have to be extremely tough or humiliating. It can be simple as what you did. A lot of initiation is easy, fun stuff now. Since true hazing is illegal in most nations. Also it gets groups like Frats and Sororities closed down.

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

I have a problem with it since it's usually found in Greeks, which I hate. My school no longer has Greeks because of a hazing incident where a young man lost his life.
The difference between hazing and BDSM humiliation is that humiliation is completely consensual, and usually decided on before the scene. Hazing is something that one feels pressured/forced into doing in order to fit in, and it is usually stupid things that are harmful like binge drinking.
I have also heard of sororities where the initiation was the sleep with guys from nearby frat. If you didn't you weren't in. It just sounds ridiculous to me.

I don't mean this to offend anyone who is in a Greek. I'm sure a lot of you don't do this, but I'm just saying this is where you commonly see hazing done.

Also, what Betty said, I just wouldn't consider hazing.. to me, hazing is something bad like the things I mentioned above. What Betty said just seems like a dare for fun.

Last edited by DancingBear; 01-07-2011 at 12:35 PM.
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #19
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Have I been hazed? Technically, yes. Back in high school for the sports I participated in. Was it awful? No. We did silly things, like wrestling or jumping across a creek. However, I know friends in fraternities and sororities who have done far worse....

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
Mysterious the 1st

One of the sports teams at my mates uni had to run through town in just man thongs apparently
Mysterious the 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #21
Dkaren

Send a message via MSN to Dkaren

In my first year of college I was invited to watch a hazing incident where a girl was hung by her underwear, though fully clothed. She didn't seem very devastated at all, she was smiling the whole time, even when her shorts started to ride down.
I am no longer active on here anymore. If you wish to contact me, please add me at https://fetlife.com/users/1388740 or search "KarentheTrap". If you would like to message me on MSN, add me at [email protected]. I no longer post any content onto here and instead post all videos and images on Fetlife.
Dkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
DaVance
Distinguished Member

I’m late to this thread as I haven’t read getDare in almost two months. To answer the question yes, I was hazed when I was in a college fraternity. Here are some random thoughts:

Did it involve sexual activity, nudity, drinking, drugs, or getDare type slave punishment type activities? Why no, not really.

Were you led to believe it might? Well, at times yes. Part of the fun is “not really knowing what would happen”. A well done hazing is an extreme mind game more than anything else.

Did it include serving dinners, washing dishes, and cleaning the house? Yes, most certainly. Plus announcements and entertaining humor would be provided at dinner time.

Was there history to learn? Yes, with question and answer periods. In dark, serious, candle lit rooms. Silence. And you have to pass the test, you know.

Did any clothes need to be thoroughly washed? Mmmmm, well yes, but just after one or two nights.

Was it fun?
Yes, once it was over.

Were there kidnappings? Yes, three pledges could kidnap a member or three members could kidnap a pledge. As long as it was brilliant, secretive thought out plan, not a brutal type kidnapping.

Where would you take a kidnap victim? Could be to school, or lunch, maybe to a bar, could be overnight. Something fun for all! Some people wanted to be kidnapped.

Did you take kidnap victims across state lines? No, but sometimes we crossed an international border to Canada across the Ambassador Bridge or the tunnel. Now you must have a passport to get back into the states from Canada, so it is not such a good idea anymore. (But if you are intelligent this is part of the plan.)

Would people get physically hurt? Not in the fraternity I was in. Physically hurting people is not the object.

Was it fun? Yes, it was most certainly fun.

Would you pledge a fraternity again? Yes.

Would you recommend pledging a fraternity/sorority? I recommend investigating it and making your own choice. Do you like the people? What do they offer you?

Is hazing being phased out? Yes, as mentioned in many posts above it is illegal. But there is a fine line between consensual or non-consensual.

Any last thoughts? Well, if done correctly hazing is a really good learning experience. You learn to handle difficult situations. Friendships are gained. Like I mentioned above it is one big mind game. It must be planned and thought out correctly. You can’t let the pledges get hurt either physically or emotionally. So I have no regrets either for me or those that followed. - - - However, far too many people do not know what they are doing or what is to be accomplished. So yes, the laws against hazing are for the best. I know most states, if not all, have laws against hazing. I don’t know about other countries, though.
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
hazing