Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #16
doomed_soul89
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to doomed_soul89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
I dont think you can just say I would have told them to fuck off because most people are obedient in situations where there is an authority figure present.
they told a girl to strip, a 13 yo old girl that's not even high school yet, I seriously doubt they'd do it by force, they'd tell her to go home at worse if she didn't cooperate
doomed_soul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #17
The godfather

Quote:
I dont think you can just say I would have told them to fuck off because most people are obedient in situations where there is an authority figure present.
i would have told them to fuck off.
limits: public, very painful, permanent/ long lasting, illegal, dangerous, poo
The godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #18
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I would have just walked away. Told them to go to hell, simple.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
thisotherme

Send a message via Yahoo to thisotherme

If I was the parents I would have pushed to have them charged as sex offenders; she's 13 for goodness sake - you don't just get a free pass at getting her to strip just because you are in a position of authority, you call the bloody parents first.

Everything else should be fine (until a dare makes me realize I don't like that, then I will add it to my No's list)
thisotherme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #20
wicked
getDare Sweetheart

Sick man... they likely only wanted to strip her, and didn't care about pain relievers >.>
wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #21
Amelie
getDare Sweetheart

You can say that you would tell to them to piss off now but that doesnt mean you would if in the situation.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #22
The godfather

Quote:
You can say that you would tell to them to piss off now but that doesnt mean you would if in the situation.
how do you know what people would do?

and i would tell them to piss off. and if they forced me to strip i could bring them to court even if they were found not guilty everyone would think/ know they were pervs.
limits: public, very painful, permanent/ long lasting, illegal, dangerous, poo
The godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #23
Puggsley

In reply to Coyote,

The fact that she was accused of having over the counter drugs is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of this. If you can get high of Advil, I would like to know how. That it is available anywhere without medical consultation, means that the medical fraternity, the FDA, and many other authorities believe that this drug is safe enough to allow people to self medicate with. The fact that this drug is entirely legal means that the illegal and discusting methods used to ascertain whether she had them on her even more abhorant.

If the act didn't warrant them caling the police, it (in my opinon) didn't nescessitate the measures taken, and this is probably part of the reason she won in court. How are students supposed to build the trust relationship nesscary in the learning process if those they are supposed to be able to trust can perform such an act. Only the police should be allowed to perform such an act.

Puggsley
Puggsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
doomed_soul89
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to doomed_soul89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsley View Post
In reply to Coyote,

The fact that she was accused of having over the counter drugs is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of this. If you can get high of Advil, I would like to know how. That it is available anywhere without medical consultation, means that the medical fraternity, the FDA, and many other authorities believe that this drug is safe enough to allow people to self medicate with. The fact that this drug is entirely legal means that the illegal and discusting methods used to ascertain whether she had them on her even more abhorant.

If the act didn't warrant them caling the police, it (in my opinon) didn't nescessitate the measures taken, and this is probably part of the reason she won in court. How are students supposed to build the trust relationship nesscary in the learning process if those they are supposed to be able to trust can perform such an act. Only the police should be allowed to perform such an act.

Puggsley
not to mention there was no basis for the accusation, and as for getting high off legal drugs you just need a high enough dose or mix them
doomed_soul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #25
Amelie
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The godfather View Post
how do you know what people would do?

and i would tell them to piss off. and if they forced me to strip i could bring them to court even if they were found not guilty everyone would think/ know they were pervs.
Based on psychology studies on obedience such as Milgram.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #26
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Ibuprofen can be very dangerous if you don't need it and if you overdose, and if you took it too close together.

But, I do think it was stupid what the school did. They could have handled that situation much differently
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #27
Jslave
getDare Sweetheart

That was horrible, that poor girl. That is politically correctness gone mad, what was she going to do, spike the water fountains? Utter fools, poor girl, I agree with BettyBoop I'd have said "you can't do that. Go away!" (Only not as polite) It's not like it was a gun, was it? You never hear of anything like that happening in my neck of the woods. In my school, in which I spent over 5 years, pupils were never strip searched (then again we're British, we're too PC to do that). However, we did have a world record in the number of teachers arrested for being peodophilles.

Hmm, makes you think.
I do feel awfully sorry for the girl though. . . tragic!

I hope she wins her court case thing
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #28
BLOEM51

I really think the strip search was out of place. The poor girl
BLOEM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #29
Calypso19

actually you can get drugs out of ibuprofen, i don't know how exactly, but in Australia they have to restrict the selling of it OTC cos of teenagers who buy shitloads of it and distil it to get Ephedrine. You mix that shit with caffeine and its got a kick that you wouldnt believe. To be honest, whilst this is a horrendous case I don't think it's actually all that bad, she was searched by females and she did keep her knickers on at all times. They only really went totally overboard by making her remove her bra. Although, no matter what reasons they gave, it shouldn't have happened, and its sad cos these kind of stories just reinforce international prejudice that the USA is fucked up in all ways, which is really quite unfair to most of its citizenry.
Calypso19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #30
LittleRayRay
getDare Sweetheart

Oh god.
Oh no.
Oh god no.
Thats just..
That could..happen to me.

I am nice enough to lend someone meds, even if they didn't need it.

I am naughty enough to break school rules, yeah, sure, no problem.

But STRIP SEARCHED? WTF? Where is this girl now? Those assholes. But, anyways, the convo would go something like this.

Quote:
Teacher: Rene' step into the hall
Me: Ok..
Police: Were going to strip search you.
Me: Why? All I did was give her 1 small Ib-
Police: Don't sass girl.
Me: Want the meds? Here. Have them. Don't strip search me. You'll find nothing and have a lawsuite so big you'll take out a loan just to scratch your worthless balls.
Police: Hands agaist the wall.
Me: I dont see how this is going to help your lawsuite.
Police: NOW!
Me: Ok ok, dont get your pants in a bunch.
Police *starts to take off shoes*
Me: Hey! I said you would'nt find a thing. And even if I did have anymore I wouldn't be so stupid as to let you find it. You'll never even see it if I had it. Which I dont.
eh, lol, if I didn't start crying. I have a biggg temper. And a small heart for
going through with things, but I manage. Hey, im a gemini.

BACK ON TOPIC:

They are monsters, plain and simple
LittleRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk