Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
Sum
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuzannaW View Post
From people who want others to use proper garmmar I would expect to use proper spaces.
From people who say things to people who want others to use proper grammar I'd expect no typological errors.

Just messing with you.

Like the idea of a lottery by the way (that's what i was trying to get at in war's thread)

Another option if it were to be an auction could be to have currency based on a combination of number of posts, time registered and reputation points.

Say one currency credit per day been here.

Number of posts divided by three. This would be to discourage spamming as it makes posts less important.

Thirdly reputation boxes timed by 100. This would help to encourage people to post well to get their rep up.

Fire walk with me

I'm off to kinktalk. Bye all.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
tissue13

good idea. not sure if i would wanna be auctioned off....but still good, creative even!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:51 AM   #18
alexrules01

dam, I'm not going to have many credits
Old 01-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #19
just_some_guy_dave

I wonder if using virtual currency might be a little complex for the forum environment. A virtual lottery might be easier to pull off. It could work something like this:

1. Participants would have to have been members of the forum for a certain amount of time, have at least a certain number of substantive posts, and have a certain minimum rep.

2. Prospective slaves would have an additional requirement of proving that they have a working cam, either by having been vouched for by a potential master, or by offering a quick look-see (turn cam on, wave) to a trusted member or the game moderator.

3. There would need to be an agreed-upon game to base the lottery on -- the powerball number in the U.S.'s powerball lottery for a given draw; time of first goal in a particular Manchester United match; point-spread in the Super Bowl; etc.

4. Have two lists -- one for masters, one for slaves. Folks would sign up on one or both lists, indicating:
  • Their lottery pick
  • Their gender and age
  • Gender and age limits on their potential partner
  • Days and times generally available
  • Their IM address(es)
  • (slaves only) Limits

Sign-up would take place by PM'ing the person moderating the virtual lottery. The moderator would be obliged to periodically (daily?) post a list of folks who have signed up. The picks, limits, times, etc. would be kept confidential until after the draw to prevent folks from gaming the system. IM addresses would be kept confidential as well, and only be shared by the moderator between the winning master and slave.

5. After the draw/game, rank the masters' and slaves' in order, "closest pick" first. The master at the top of the masters' list is the winner, and gets paired with the highest-ranking compatible slave. ("Compatible" meaning gender and age limits met, and available times overlap.) If there are no compatible slaves, then the winning master is disqualified, and the next-highest person on the masters' list becomes the winner.

A tie on the masters' list results in multiple winners. If there's a tie among compatible, winning slaves', the master can choose.

The moderator would be responsible for announcing the winners, as well as posting a list of who-made-which-picks, after the draw.

6. The winning master and slave have, say, 3 days to agree upon a date and time to settle the winnings. Settlement has to occur within (say) 17 days of the draw. The date/time selected would be announced publicly.

7. At the agreed-upon date and time, the winning master and slave, and other interested folks meet in the getDare chat room. The slave is required to open his/her cam to the winning master. The slave may invite others to look in, but is not required to do so. The master is not required to be on cam. Then, once online and cam-connected, the slave has to do the master's bidding (subject to limits) for 30 minutes, with any conversation taking place in the getDare chat.

8. Slaves who don't pay up, or masters who don't abide by limits are blocked from future lotteries. If the getDare admins were so inclined, folks not abiding by the rules could be banned.

There are a couple of potential modifications to these rules that might also be of interest:

First, I've got to believe, online demographics being what they are, that there will be an abundance of straight males on both lists. This could very easily turn into a game where almost always one from a long list of potential male masters is picked at random, and he wins one of just a couple female slaves (if any actually joined). That would likely keep interest fairly low, and make it unlikely that the game would be repeated in the future.

To address that, the odds could be evened up a bit by granting female masters three picks, male masters willing to take male slaves two picks, and male masters only willing to take female slaves just one pick. Slaves would still make just one pick, however.

Second, I've assumed that the "winnings" would be settled in a chat room and on a live cam, since that's how I prefer to play. A variation of the game could be:
  • Masters entering the lottery submit a dare with their entry.
  • Slaves would need be prove (or at least swear) that they have a digital camera.
  • Compatibility would be determined by whether the winning master's dare fits the slaves' limits, rather than by date/time.
  • No need to exchange IM addresses or mess around with the chat room. Slaves would have to settle their debt within 2 weeks by emailing photographic evidence of doing the dare to the master (no face required; winning slave could share it in the Yahoo group if he/she wished), and posting about the experience on getDare.

Third, nothing says that there could only be one pair of winners, if there were enough interest in the game. Maybe 1-10 masters entering = 1 winning master selected; 11-20 = 2 selected; etc.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by just_some_guy_dave; 01-27-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: fixing an incomplete thought caused by nonsequential authoring
Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
irishlegend2008

Sounds awesome to me!! Great call!!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #21
Random9002

Default great idea

sounds like a great idea let me know I am def interested
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
AAAgal

Top marks to "Dave" for an extremely well considered post, with many very good points, particularly regarding the imbalance of male and female members and matching Slaves with Masters.
Lots of interesting ideas as well, such as some sort of qualification to take part; an on-line and an off-line version of the lottery and linking the result to some well known random event (e.g.Thunderball).
I'd recommend not over-complicating the rules: K.I.S.S. is still a good maxim.
I guess we need to have a trial run to see how well the whole thing operates and how popular it is.
The moderators might like to have some input into this, or perhaps Dave could be persuaded to draw up some definitive rules and over-see a test game. I notice there are already a few willing volunteers to put themselves up as guinea-pigs.
All those in favour ...
Old 01-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #23
cj07
Distinguished Member

i would be intersted in being the guinea pig slave tat can be won. Also i think that if it works the winning master so chose the slave. This shown be done by all slaves being given numbers and the master choses one ramdonly. Finally the slave will be know by that number for the rest of slaverly becasue the slave doesn't desvere a name

Due to wonderful users of getdare I am locked in permanent chastity with no escape
Please make my useles dicklett hurt
kik SlaveCraig

Likes: Pain, humiliation orgasm control, CBT, xdressing, teamviewer, spanking, mouthsoaping, cum eat dares
Limits Messy and Family and pictures until there is trust

PM DARES! I am desperate to serve.

Teamviewer open 610 235 806

Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #24
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

This sounds great! Props to Dave for the hard work. I'll be willing to come in at either end.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #25
AAAgal

Default Co-ordinator needed

There seems to be a lot of support for this idea. All that's needed is for someone to pick up the ball and run with it.
Don't look at me though.
It could be quite a commitment time-wise.

Any volunteers? Don't be shy.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #26
just_some_guy_dave

I can work on polishing up a set of rules, and posting them in their own thread when done.

I could offer to coordinate at least a trial run, but there are others who would likely serve that role better.

(I'm new here, and I don't want to appear to be just a random creepy old perv trolling for pictures, cams, or email addresses. To make this work, you really ought to have someone a bit better known and trusted by the community.

Besides, if there's a verify-you-have-a-working-cam element to the game... my time online is too unpredictable to serve in that role.)
Old 01-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
df6wen
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to df6wen

I could assist. I can do just about anything to help out. Another idea, Have a spreadsheet with a list of things the auctionee has
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #28
slaveboi2003

Im very much up for this !!

Let me know when things are gonna get started.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #29
just_some_guy_dave

As promised, I put together a more robust set of rules, and have posted them in their own thread.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #30
DoctorWorm
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to DoctorWorm Send a message via Yahoo to DoctorWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuzannaW View Post
From people who want others to use proper garmmar I would expect to use proper spaces.
...I have No Comment.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk