Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 03-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #16
Cuffed
getDare Sweetheart

Saw this thread after it was bumped by ID and I just wanted to add my name to the list. I really do think this is an issue. I personally feel that if a "newbie" - In this case getdare being their first experience in anything s/m related, as we do have to remember people who join this site and their first post is an ad might have previously been on different s/m websites... although if this is the case I would expect that they would take the time to write limits because realistically no limits is not possible.

I guess my main concerns are anyone posting an ad who hasn't had experience before and states "no limits". Even if the dom/domme doesn't encourage some form of bad behaviour as it's the submissives first time in a relationship they will feel pressured and consider it -normal- to do such activites, to keep their first dom, to fit in.. often rushing ahead without researching and knowing what to expect. Although we can't force people to research before they get into something.

I do have -somewhat- a suggestion for a solution, perhaps adding a limit section to the user profiles with limits that can be selected from the dropdown (similar to the what you are looking for in this website section) this could be automatically added to every ad post. One of the limit options could be Unknown Limits, and one could be No Interest - for the people joining the website who do not have an interest in s/m. This could be a good edition to the website in general as users in chat or on any thread can click through to the profiles and see a list of limits. I know this would be difficult to do as there are a wide range of limits but perhaps generalising them. Upon signing up to the website the limit section could be complusary . This would cause users to sit and think about their limits and if they aren't interested just select No Interest.

Just a thought. xoxo

No thoughts, only ✨ Depp ✨
Cuffed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infrequent, lack, limits, suggestion, wrong