Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: Are you in favor for the Death Penalty?
Yes 44 27.16%
No 42 25.93%
Depends on the circumstances 76 46.91%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #91
Tucking Fypo

I think we should make prisoners compete in to-the-death gladiatorial games to win their freedom. It would lessen crowding, instill discipline, and give them a sense of purpose. Not to mention the government could pout it on pay per view so that it would help the economy and entertain the rest of us.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #92
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucking Fypo View Post
I think we should make prisoners compete in to-the-death gladiatorial games to win their freedom. It would lessen crowding, instill discipline, and give them a sense of purpose. Not to mention the government could pout it on pay per view so that it would help the economy and entertain the rest of us.
that actually wouldn't be a bad idea, if they'e going to die anyway it might as well serve a cause, and perhaps instead of absolute freedom they are fee so long as they join the army? and that way the gladiatorial combat would wok as extra training...

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #93
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by small_penis2141 View Post
never argue with an idiot they will bring you down to their level then they will beat you because they have more experience of being that low, my point is made
And for that reason, I'm not even going to touch the comments that you've made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucking Fypo View Post
Great, let's release the most violent and blood thirsty criminal onto the streets, no reason to think that it will end badly at all?
How exactly would it instill discipline? My way of thinking:"I'm the 2nd most likely to win these gladitorial games, if I kill the 1st in their sleep then I'm out of here."
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #94
Tyrel

Send a message via MSN to Tyrel

Look at the cost of housing these death row and lifer inmates. We are talking over one hundred million a year. I say put them all down one year and a day after sentencing. Yes I believe that if the death penalty were used more there would be less violent crimes. Criminals are mostly coward when the olds are against them. If a few and it is very few are innocent well tell the family sorry and write them a million dollar check. It's more than the loser probably would have made in there life anyway.

My view comes from dealing with gang members, drug dealers and other retrobate in southern california. I had friends and enemies on both sides of the law.
Tyrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #95
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrel View Post
If a few and it is very few are innocent well tell the family sorry and write them a million dollar check. It's more than the loser probably would have made in there life anyway.
Nice to see that you have respect for human life, the idea that cash can ease the loss of a loved one or can make up for the effect that their absence can have on people's lives is completely absurd.
As for referring to them as losers when they were convicted of a crime that they didn't commit, well that speaks for itself.

On the other side of it, what if someone who is put to death is later either implicated in or would have had information with regards to another crime. Either the crime could go unsolved or be incorrectly attributed to them.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #96
PineForest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrel View Post
Yes I believe that if the death penalty were used more there would be less violent crimes.
The death penalty didn't prevent Jeffrey Dahmer from becoming a serial killer.
There are many types of killers. Some do it for the fun, thrills and for sexual gratification. Others do it for benefits (drugs, money and etc).

Someone also mentioned that the murder rates in states with death penalty and non death penalty, are quite similar, i also found something similar. I believe the idea of death penalty came from biblical times. 'An eye for an eye' they said.

But i would support that death row inmates should fight it out. But the winner gets a cookie or an armor upgrade, weapon upgrade or performance enhancing items.
PineForest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #97
small_penis2141
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineForest View Post
The death penalty didn't prevent Jeffrey Dahmer from becoming a serial killer.
There are many types of killers. Some do it for the fun, thrills and for sexual gratification. Others do it for benefits (drugs, money and etc).

Someone also mentioned that the murder rates in states with death penalty and non death penalty, are quite similar, i also found something similar. I believe the idea of death penalty came from biblical times. 'An eye for an eye' they said.

But i would support that death row inmates should fight it out. But the winner gets a cookie or an armor upgrade, weapon upgrade or performance enhancing items.
upgrades is this a video game. Fighting is ok but they all have to dye. If we would do this i might go on death row just to get to kill these suckers. And money can heal everything.
won't do: scat piss, blood, family, food, messy, public to a point where there is no chance of not getting caught
I am a slutty bitch on the farm
Slutty bitches will perform: anal / oral / crossdress / cum eating / humiliation / light bondage / chastity / pain (optional) / enema (optional) / wedgies (optional)
small_penis2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #98
footballdare
getDare Sweetheart

I've just posed the following on the thread on the trial of Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, and then scrolled down a couple of clicks and saw this thread, so I'm going to put it here, too, and hope the mods don't mind the duplicate posting, seeing as it is relavent.

I can never understand people who don't support the death penalty, if the accused is found guilty of a crime like this, the murder of a defenceless innocent child, then they should definitely not deserve the right too life. I come from Northern Ireland, a country with a long history of terrorism and mass murder, and the troubles here are now fairly low key compared to what they were years ago, and in my opinion, one of the main reasons to this is Thatcher's 'shoot to kill' policy, which took out many of the IRA's key men, if these men were captured rather than shot, I don't think we'd be living in the relatively peaceful state we do now. Those who commit atrocities on whatever scale, from the murder of a child, to the bombing of a town have no right to life.

M/Northern Ireland
Limits: Public, Poo
Is fear ciúin mé
Éirinn go Brách

Tumblr: http://footballdare.tumblr.com/
footballdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #99
PineForest

Killing key targets to a terrorist organization is different and i believe that can be justified. Killing a person that murdered someone seems silly, imo. If someone killed a family member or a loved one, i would want them to suffer in the worst way possible for the rest of their life.
Today prisons seem to have a bit more luxury, which is a shame. But you also have to remember, innocent people do get wrongly accused and get the death penalty for it.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #100
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Killing key targets to a terrorist organization is different and i believe that can be justified. Killing a person that murdered someone seems silly, imo. If someone killed a family member or a loved one, i would want them to suffer in the worst way possible for the rest of their life.
Today prisons seem to have a bit more luxury, which is a shame. But you also have to remember, innocent people do get wrongly accused and get the death penalty for it.
the death penalty IS the worst way possible. i just found this out, but prisoners who are in there a long time start to enjoy it! and i know it sounds like bullshit but my friend just got out of jail for vehicular manslaughter (which he was innocent of) armed robber (which he ment to do) and murder (which was an accident) and he says that after about 20 years the ppl in there stop giving a damn and view it as not having to deal with all the crap out here and just getting to relax and they dont really care if they get out or not anymore -_-. so spending your life in prison must only seem like hell to those who dont do it.

and dont get me wrong, i dont think that every single person convicted of murder should get the death penalty, just the ones who kill frequently, like say 3 or 4 times. those we can be sure deserve it. and serial killers like that, i would imagine it would be a lot easier to prove some one who is innocent is then 1 off cases.

I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #101
MrVexV

Personally, I don't think that any type of long term penalty is worthwhile. It is reactive. The difference between life in prison and death is little more than financial for the state, not a comfort for the victims, and not a credible way of treating the offender. I think that the drive to kill, maim or rape somebody would surely outweigh any logical thought of the consequences.

Would people commit these crimes if they knew they would be put to death? Obviously so, or there would be no one on death row, or your state would have a prison the size of a school.

The answer? F knows lol. But a big start would be a concentrated effort to understand, support and treat mental health. Alot of us get yearly physicals, but how many get yearly mentals? :P
MrVexV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #102
PineForest

That what i mean, prison is a luxury now. They even get healthcare! But killing someone isn't going to hurt, unless it was electric chair, because lethal injection is relatively painless.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #103
dragonator
getDare Devil

not everyone chooses lethal injection, i for one would rather face the firing squad if i were to be executed, and i know the firing squad is still an option now. but even if they did, it doesnt have to hurt, they'll meet their punishment on the other side. and even if you dont beleive in religion and the afterlife, then consider it this way, they are punished by the very act of no longer living.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #104
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
They even get healthcare!
A basic human need, like food and water.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #105
footballdare
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
What's the difference then, many of the IRA that were shot had only murdered one or two people, and even then a lot of them didn't do it directly. What you're basically saying is that those who kill for political and religious purposes are worse than those who kill for money or jealousy or for no reason at all.

I don't think that revenge should have a part in the justice system, so don't buy the suffering argument at all. I think that the streets should be wiped clean of this scum, and the only way to do that is through the death penalty.

M/Northern Ireland
Limits: Public, Poo
Is fear ciúin mé
Éirinn go Brách

Tumblr: http://footballdare.tumblr.com/
footballdare is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk