Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 06-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
SissySlavePhaade
Account Banned

Default What makes you Post in a Thread?

Hey everyone!

I have been on here for quite a while now and I do see alot of threads dying after only a few posts.
Im not talking about the Person above threads or threads by "popular" people or females on her, but rather the normal people I do see alot on here.

So I was wondering what makes you guys post in a Thread that is for example asking for dares or truths, etc.
What makes you feel more involved or encouraged to post (dares for you, reports, pics etc)

Because I did start a thread and I had a few very good posts on there and loved it, but I do believe not many people want to post on there because they rather just receive dares and get nothing out of posting on mine.

Thanks for participating

Denied by Girls 2.0
Since 31. Dez 2017, until 12th Jan 2018
Edges: 30/30
Strokes: 400/400
SissySlavePhaade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
Jaro
The toe sucking anal slut

Well, for a Dare request thread in the TORD section, I always ask myself the following question:

"Am I likely to receive a report or at least a thank you for my contribution?"

If the answer is no, which it usually is, I don't post.

It all comes down to the reputation of the poster. If it's someone without an avatar, signature or any background on what they ask I almost never post. I'm particularily wary of all the posts done by "females".

If it's someone who does have all that but someone I do not know, like you, I look at the thread if they have responded to anyone yet. I might also check other threads of this person if they have responded. If this is not the case, which it usually is, I do not post either.

I have learned the hard way that about 90% of all the Dare request threads are done by people who mostly ignore everything they get (meaning no responses whatsoever), which is why I have become so wary of posting Dares. If my hard work gets completely ignored, I might as well dare my house plant!

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

I'll answer truths if it isn't too personal or just plain weird.

I am wary of dare request threads and almost never post in them as you don't always receive a response and I don't want to put effort into my dares just to get ignored. Basically, what Jaro said for the dare request threads.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
useme871

I have a couple forums that I follow and generally only post in those. Within those forums I can tell from the title if its freaky or weird I won't post. Anything too personal or vague I wont post. Anything that attracts 'younger' members doesn't interest me. I tend to look for more mature individuals, I don't have an interest in teaching or entertaining anyone at this point.

Maybe: chastity, movement restriction,release training

No: Scat. Public, writing, permanent, pics, no IRL doms, diapers

43/f
pubic hair permanetly removed
32AA

vibrator, nipple clamps, anal plugs, whip, leg spreader, breast clamps,
useme871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #5
AmberCrystal88
Account Banned

Across the board I reply if it's something I'm interested and/or the OP has a clear enough purpose for starting the thread in the first place. If something's too open-ended I usually just give up lol.

RIP any outstanding dares and challenges... Sorry.

I'm just going to leave my blog entries as they are and just let everything float until I maybe come back some day.

Thank you, gD community, for the friendship and fun.
AmberCrystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:00 AM   #6
Kitten
The One & Only

For me, there's a few things I look at...

1. Is this person spamming every forum category, or did they go to a place where people might reasonably be expected to take an interest?
2. Is this person realistic about dares/truths they'd like to receive, or do they just wanna hear whatever implausible scenario gets them off?
3. Does this person appreciate the effort put into giving a customised dare/truth by completing it and giving a response, or is it more like a reverse hit-and-run?
4. Does this person have interests that match mine and/or are they willing to try things outside their comfort zone, or do they have a limit-list that basically cuts down all creative input to nothing and leaves only the dare/truth they already decided beforehand they wanted?
5. And finally, is this person reasonably genuine or are they throwing around all kinds of ridiculous claims to make themselves seem more interesting and draw more attention?

Most of these are obviously personal petpeeves, but yeah - that's how it goes, I don't really post any truth/dare unless I want to, so.

Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #7
SissySlavePhaade
Account Banned

Thanks to all of you for replying!

Most of the things you said, were the reasons I did expect and I can definitely relate to them.
Every Dare I gave (and Im mostly on the submissive side, so Im generally not really into being a Dare giver or Dom), I tried to think through and make it interesting and fun. And when I didnt get a response this time feels wasted.

And I also dont have the motivation to post in most peoples threads, If i dont know them or am not in the mood.

I do believe thats the reason most people that dont have many contacts on here use the Person above threads, because they are bound to get a dare.

Denied by Girls 2.0
Since 31. Dez 2017, until 12th Jan 2018
Edges: 30/30
Strokes: 400/400
SissySlavePhaade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
LucyB
getDare Devil

- If it's someone I have spoken to independently of the forum (ie. Private messages, Kik...)
- If I have seen that they have had other posts and have followed through.
- If my being a female adds something to their post (ie. They add three days of denial for every female post vs. 1 day for a male post). This is not a guaranteed in for me.
- If the person lays out exactly the type of dare they are looking for and/or it piques my interest.

Anything to do with my clit, Self Tickle Torture, Nipple play, Any type of bondage.

DISLIKES/PUNISHMENTS:
Pictures (I have to trust you to send them), Spanking, Short Term Denial, Hurting My Nipples, Ice, Short Term Pee Holding

LIMITS:
-Anal, Permanent/Semi-Permanent, Long Term Denial, Family, Face, Fully Public, Pee/Poop, Extreme Pain.
LucyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #9
nina@
getDare Succubus

This is a very nice question. My answer may not be a conventional one, however I respect contrary opinions of others too. The following points make it more likely for me to post in a thread.

1) Quality- My primary incentive is a quality post and originality of material and it takes precedence over reputation. I do not care about the perceived 'reputation' (as I interpret it) of the OP just for posting (maybe I would look into that if I were to look for a play partner) as, many a times I have found hidden gems (really high quality posters) amongst the new or old but relatively less experienced members (not much posting history or do not know their likes) who later evolved. There are a lot of people with bland profiles when they are new and evolve on getdare (just as I was once new and avatarless and then had an avatar of a tweety bird which was not hot enough to be 'noticeable'). In fact sometimes I receive much better feedback from these posters as they are more reasonable in terms of their expectations from the thread posters.

2) Acquaintance - Here I do not necessarily mean acquaintance with the OP but the familiarity with the kinks for which they are asking for dares or questions that they are posing and my general level of interest in that area. Sometimes I want to answer but can't, just because I have no knowledge or prior experience in a particular area or kink.

3) Clarity - By clarity I mean if the OP is clear on what they are asking for and it's not very open ended as then it takes a lot more of my time than intended. I do tend to refrain from answering/posting dares if they are asking for a wide range of things not specifying much.

4) Reasonableness - By this I mean both the type of dares they are asking for to be reasonable (like no 'No Limits' or give me 'millions of edges' kinds) as well as the quantity of posts they expect. While it is good to set thread targets, expecting an unreasonably high number of 'forced' posts does not sound lucrative to my senses. I would rather post sensibly 10 times each in 10 different threads and have a much more enriching interaction with the OP than post purposelessly 100 times in 1 thread just to get the thread count up (without even adding kinky stuff or anything). On top of that the getdare titles based on the number of posts change more and sound more lucrative below 3000 posts as per my observation though that does not matter as much.

5) Bona fides - The OP should seem genuine. For older users there post history does help but even if it is someone's first post, with common sense and some of the points mentioned above one can fairly judge if a person is bonafide enough to at least deserve a reply.

There may be more factors, but these are the ones I could think of for now.

@SissySlavePhaade, I do not know about "popularity" but as a female poster even I feel there may have been a drop in the general activity level or maybe it's just me or my perceived complicated simplicity or the time of the year (like FIFA world cup going on). And yes, having friends does help in kickstarting a thread as knowing the OP is one of the most common reasons to post in a thread.

Last edited by nina@; 06-28-2018 at 02:13 PM.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:39 AM   #10
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Kitten and Nina@ have covered most of the main points, and I recommend that people trying to launch good threads read their comments.

I would add that another issue is that sometimes threads can be just too complicated, too hard to figure out. So if I try and can not figure out how to participate in the game, I don't, even though I like things with lots of steps and possibilities, but not confusing things. So make complex games, but consider carefully how complicated it is and how well you explain it. Remember that the reader has not been thinking about it half the day, like you have.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
EnigmaticBunni

i tend towards simple original ideas.

also helps if it leads to my possibly being involved in doing something

Likes and limits
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=94313

PM dares
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=95880

Kik: enigmaticbunni

EnigmaticBunni is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements