View Poll Results: Who will win the award
Marc - withdrawn nomination 0 0%
Coyote 14 100.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

I must say that I do agree partially with Looking4somename. Although the idea of an award for story writers is a great one the fact that there are only two candidates is not very fair in my opinion.

First, the registrations were supposed to be for one week but have been closed after only 2 days which is definitely not long enough. No offense to Coyote but the reason given for closing it (“if you are truly dedicated to this site you would have viewed the registration already”) just isn’t good enough. There are a lot of great members here who don’t log in every single day. That doesn’t mean they’re not dedicated or less interested. I also would have liked it if members could have suugested a writer, not necessarily themselves. Many members don’t write stories but read them regularly & can be just as good judges on who would have deserved to be nominated for this award. As a matter of fact some writers who, in my opinion, would have deserved to be in for that award aren’t there (USA Slave Gurl among others…)

I have voted since I liked the idea of an award for writers & voted for Marc. I believe that if this award is to be given it should, at least, go to someone who has completed one story (again Coyote, no offense!)
Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #17
Sum
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty_chloe View Post
also would have liked it if members could have suugested a writer, not necessarily themselves. Many members don’t write stories but read them regularly & can be just as good judges on who would have deserved to be nominated for this award. As a matter of fact some writers who, in my opinion, would have deserved to be in for that award aren’t there (USA Slave Gurl among others…)
I agree entirely, i think it would have been much better if over a priod of 2 to 3 weeks users could nominate authors to be put foward for voting, say you have to get two nonimations to get into the award poll. As over the short 2 day period the system her employed required authors to be online during that time, to notice the thread and to be confident and happy enough with their own work to put it foward.
( think i've allready mentioned this to coyotee)
great idea though the concept of awards for wrighting

Fire walk with me

I'm off to kinktalk. Bye all.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 AM   #18
depp
SysOp

How about we redo this whole thing and let people nominate users for two whole weeks like we have done many times in the past. We then do two or three rounds of voting to decide who will get the award.

I really hate being in the position where users throw me into the middle of their contest ideas. In many cases I don't mind but in this situation I wanted nothing to do with it and did not pay attention to what was going on. My fault. I have a bad habit of rubber stamping things.

In the past the nomination and then voting rounds have always worked well. Lets do that again. There are a ton of good writers here who deserve a chance.

I would also like to see these sorts of polls set to public. That way we can verify there is no funny business or questioning of the results. Also that means all users involved can look behind the scenes. Total transparency.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #19
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

mental note
'
Quote:
I have a bad habit of rubber stamping things.
'

all i have to do is wait until Depp is drunk and ask him for his 'autograph' however really it will be a check for a million pounds.

mah, if all else fails though i will just ask for a best user called 'cheesy dude' award thred and hope for the best
Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #20
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
How about we redo this whole thing and let people nominate users for two whole weeks like we have done many times in the past. We then do two or three rounds of voting to decide who will get the award.

I would also like to see these sorts of polls set to public. That way we can verify there is no funny business or questioning of the results. Also that means all users involved can look behind the scenes. Total transparency.
I agree, I think it's the best & fairest way to do it. I think that being able to nominate another user for their work would be great. Like Sum1 mentioned above some writers may not nominate themselves for certain reasons but that doesn't mean their writing is less good or interesting. This way would be an opportunity for members to reward them & show appreciation for their work.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #21
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy dude View Post
mental note
''

all i have to do is wait until Depp is drunk and ask him for his 'autograph' however really it will be a check for a million pounds.

mah, if all else fails though i will just ask for a best user called 'cheesy dude' award thred and hope for the best
I hate to break it to you but I don't even have a tenth of that much cash. When I call myself a bum it is not an exaggeration by any means. Lucky for me I only post drunk in the staff area.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #22
Looking4somename
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via ICQ to Looking4somename Send a message via AIM to Looking4somename Send a message via MSN to Looking4somename Send a message via Yahoo to Looking4somename

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but I don't even have a tenth of that much cash. When I call myself a bum it is not an exaggeration by any means. Lucky for me I only post drunk in the staff area.
A thenth? I don't even have 1/1000 of that much cash (that means 1,000 pounds.)

"You know, these clothes do not fancy you at all. It should be a dress or nothing... I happen to have no dress in my cabin." (Captain Jack Sparrow)

...Some of the want to get used by you
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #23
Sum
getDare Devil

Quote:
i was going to make a comment about it being a very rubber cheque.

o/t though should we now start looking at making a new thread for nominations?

edit
and i post drunk on occasion, but no one ever seems to notice, unless i point towards the fact like at this moment

Fire walk with me

I'm off to kinktalk. Bye all.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #24
zeketheorc
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to zeketheorc Send a message via Yahoo to zeketheorc

I think this entire voting event should be redone. I think to make it more fair and realistic, someone who is NOT an author should start the thread. Preferably a mod if there is a mod that is not an author. Furthermore, I think this person should send messages to all authors that have been active in the past 3 months and ask them if they want to participate. This should last at least 2 weeks for the responses since some people are on vacation seeing as how it is xmas. It would be even better to start this early feb to make sure everyone is back from vacation. At this point I would reccomend waiting for responses for a week due to busy schedules. Once you have confirmation of all the participants, make a thread with their names and a poll option. If you end up with a lot of participants, you could make more than one thread for voting. One thread would have one fixed set of authors while another thread would have another set. Leave the thread(s) up for at least 2 weeks. Then make a final thread with the top 2-3 from each thread depending on how many different voting threads you have at once.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #25
Marc
Warning: Contains Nuts

I agree.

A Huge Thank You to the 20 Members who voted for me (and I hope you will do so in the future!).

I have withdrawn my nomination.

Warning: May contain nuts.

Likes: CFNM, WaM, Zentai, nudity, Cuffed, life model, body painting model, live TorD, being a naked chauffeur, to be continued....
Limits: No family, no work, no illegal, nothing beyond end of session, social suicide, swapping likes for dislikes, account control, to be continued...
Dislikes: Anal, blood, scat, to be continued...
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=150827
KIK: CFNM_Woody (mention getDare)

Vote on my current poll, please

Last edited by Marc; 12-11-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #26
Coyote
getDare Addict

don't get mad at me everything i did was approved by depp so it was not just mine or his fault it was both of ours
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk