Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 04-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #31
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir stefan View Post
Ok,
Let me give you an update (and bump the thread)
I guess non-surprising.
So after replying really nice. After replying with real clear human interest.
All i get back is nothing. Zil, silence, zero.

Naah, i keep answering these random pm. Sometimes something nice comes from it ( as said, i'm having a real nice strongly bond slave now that started with such a random pm)
It happens I had someone do that. I had to give him a dare because of a challenge in a thread and I asked him for more details and I got nothing.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

I am NOT looking for a dom or sub at this time
Please do not send me PM messages asking for
tasks, dares, games, or forfeits
Wedgiebondagebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #32
sir stefan
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgiebondagebabe View Post
It happens I had someone do that. I had to give him a dare because of a challenge in a thread and I asked him for more details and I got nothing.
Yes, but (well, i'm male, dom, that may be different), its not that it sometimes happens.
I guess i get about daily requests like that,
And between 1/2 to 2/3 just nothing back.

Or,
Get something back, get conversation, and just when getting the feeling we're really communicating it stops. Just like that. Dead silence.
Probably did something wrong, i'm human. But i dont get it.
Why start communicating if you just want to stop it?
Dom teasing?
sir stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #33
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir stefan View Post
Yes, but (well, i'm male, dom, that may be different), its not that it sometimes happens.
I guess i get about daily requests like that,
And between 1/2 to 2/3 just nothing back.

Or,
Get something back, get conversation, and just when getting the feeling we're really communicating it stops. Just like that. Dead silence.
Probably did something wrong, i'm human. But i dont get it.
Why start communicating if you just want to stop it?
Dom teasing?
Who knows, but it is annoying none the less. There are places to find doms and subs and it's easy enough to make a punishment thread.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

Old 04-30-2016, 02:13 AM   #34
Sam~
Truth Freak

Interesting thread. I haven't got enough time for a detailed reply, but just some points from my experience on here.

I'm still amazed at the one line pm's I get just saying "can I be your slave" I mean seriously, do they really think I'm just going to say yes after that? Does any meaningful relationship ever come from that?

It also annoys me when people start calling me Mistress in their 1st contact with me. I find it very presumptuous, I am nobody's mistress until I agree to be, don't assume that I am. I know most probably don't mean that and maybe just think it's what I expect to be called, but still. I don't mind so much in some selected threads, but in general and especially in PM's (as more personal) people should not call girls Mistress unless they have agreed this beforehand.

Then there are the ones who beg me to watch them on cam or give them dares or control there orgasms, give them joi etc.. I would only ever consider doing this once I get to know the person, I will not do it after just 1 or 2 begging pm's.

Then some seem to get quite angry if I say no to them. Like if I tell them I already have a sub, so am not looking for another, they get upset as if I should at least give them a go or something and that I'm being unfair or selfish.

I hope this does not sound too negative lol These are more the exceptions than the rule, and I do get a lot of good pm's as well, and obviously I found Matt on here

As other's have said, if you want to get anywhere, have any good friendships / relationships or even just some fun, try to get to know each other first, before you start getting into anything else, like kinks, fetishes bdsm etc.. Just take some time to chat generally first and see if you get along with each other. I don't mind getting some of my pm dares randomly, that's what their there for, as long as don't go over the top.

And I know I can be guilty sometimes of sending PM's sometimes without enough thought, and I can be a bit short in my replies on occasion, so I know I've got to work on it as well, I'm far from perfect lol

Last edited by Sam~; 04-30-2016 at 02:44 AM.
Sam~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Sam~ for this post:
Old 04-30-2016, 03:28 AM   #35
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samishere View Post
Interesting thread. I haven't got enough time for a detailed reply, but just some points from my experience on here.

I'm still amazed at the one line pm's I get just saying "can I be your slave" I mean seriously, do they really think I'm just going to say yes after that? Does any meaningful relationship ever come from that?

It also annoys me when people start calling me Mistress in their 1st contact with me. I find it very presumptuous, I am nobody's mistress until I agree to be, don't assume that I am. I know most probably don't mean that and maybe just think it's what I expect to be called, but still. I don't mind so much in some selected threads, but in general and especially in PM's (as more personal) people should not call girls Mistress unless they have agreed this beforehand.

Then there are the ones who beg me to watch them on cam or give them dares or control there orgasms, give them joi etc.. I would only ever consider doing this once I get to know the person, I will not do it after just 1 or 2 begging pm's.

Then some seem to get quite angry if I say no to them. Like if I tell them I already have a sub, so am not looking for another, they get upset as if I should at least give them a go or something and that I'm being unfair or selfish.

I hope this does not sound too negative lol These are more the exceptions than the rule, and I do get a lot of good pm's as well, and obviously I found Matt on here

As other's have said, if you want to get anywhere, have any good friendships / relationships or even just some fun, try to get to know each other first, before you start getting into anything else, like kinks, fetishes bdsm etc.. Just take some time to chat generally first and see if you get along with each other. I don't mind getting some of my pm dares randomly, that's what their there for, as long as don't go over the top.

And I know I can be guilty sometimes of sending PM's sometimes without enough thought, and I can be a bit short in my replies on occasion, so I know I've got to work on it as well, I'm far from perfect lol
I noticed the ones complaining about that seem to be the most incompatible people too. And how are you selfish for knowing your needs and it looks like taking good care of your sub?

To be fair, I'm probably a lot short in my replies as I give one sentence responses most of the time when not thinking about it.

But, if discussing a task/limits/D/s I try to be a lot more detailed. (I find I always leave something out.)

So I get the one sentence ones but sometimes there needs to be more than one sentence.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 PM   #36
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Post
I noticed the ones complaining about that seem to be the most incompatible people too. And how are you selfish for knowing your needs and it looks like taking good care of your sub?

To be fair, I'm probably a lot short in my replies as I give one sentence responses most of the time when not thinking about it.

But, if discussing a task/limits/D/s I try to be a lot more detailed. (I find I always leave something out.)

So I get the one sentence ones but sometimes there needs to be more than one sentence.
If you are looking for a Sub/ or dom or some variation of the sort, then there most definitely needs to be more communication than one sentence which I believe you stated in your very well written thread.

It is okay to have short messages! Some messages are also not even worth a reply. Aka Hai Mistrezz plz can i b ur slave? (over exaggerated... or is it?, but still. )

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

Old 04-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #37
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
If you are looking for a Sub/ or dom or some variation of the sort, then there most definitely needs to be more communication than one sentence which I believe you stated in your very well written thread.

It is okay to have short messages! Some messages are also not even worth a reply. Aka Hai Mistrezz plz can i b ur slave? (over exaggerated... or is it?, but still. )
Yes, most definitely. To be honest, if I can do it, I'm sure others can. I write the bare minimum usually at the start of pming so going out of comfort and writing way more than one sentence is difficult (I get more lengthy once I know one.) but needs to be done. I understand it's hard. It's very very difficult but needed.

My messages are short most of the time and I'm doing well.

I seen worse, I have a rule, if I can't read it, I ignore it.

Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary

Likes + Limits
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #38
Shadowice
getDare Addict

I am sorry to hear about some of the bad experiences you girls had to put up with I wont comment to reply to each of them specifically because the list would be a mile long. There are so many desperate guys just looking for scraps or girls that don't have a clue how it works to take advantage of them (hopefully those guys get ran off some day), but don't be mistaken to think its just the girls that get some random messages. I have gotten random messages from girls as well giving me the 1 liners like can I be your sub, or can I have dares, the random pm thread stuff like can I cum etc.

I have met plenty of wonderful people on the forums here and gotten to know a good handful of people. I honestly enjoy the conversation more then the dares these days as very few actually write a good report after their task that makes me stop and think it was really worth my time writing that dare them.

Anyway best of luck and hopefully the ones that need to see this thread for a clue will actually see it and better themselves in the future. But likely they won't notice it and continue making the same reckless mistake of assuming they are the greatest thing you will ever come across in your life.

Curious to know about me? Visit my AMA
Ladies if you are feeling brave please try my Hell Tease
I love detailed reports
Shadowice is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Shadowice for this post:
Old 04-30-2016, 07:13 PM   #39
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowice0823 View Post
I am sorry to hear about some of the bad experiences you girls had to put up with I wont comment to reply to each of them specifically because the list would be a mile long. There are so many desperate guys just looking for scraps or girls that don't have a clue how it works to take advantage of them (hopefully those guys get ran off some day), but don't be mistaken to think its just the girls that get some random messages. I have gotten random messages from girls as well giving me the 1 liners like can I be your sub, or can I have dares, the random pm thread stuff like can I cum etc.

I have met plenty of wonderful people on the forums here and gotten to know a good handful of people. I honestly enjoy the conversation more then the dares these days as very few actually write a good report after their task that makes me stop and think it was really worth my time writing that dare them.

Anyway best of luck and hopefully the ones that need to see this thread for a clue will actually see it and better themselves in the future. But likely they won't notice it and continue making the same reckless mistake of assuming they are the greatest thing you will ever come across in your life.
Thank you for the feedback. I can only talk from a female's perspective so I am glad you can add your side of things. Also I have actually used this as a response to some of those messages and just sent them this link. So maybe that is one way of going about it. I also have only been on here for a short time, but I can agree, not seeing reports or updates is the most annoying thing ever especially when you put thought and energy into coming up with something.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

Old 04-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #40
semper_virilis
getDare Devil

Be attractive, don't be unattractive.

The fact that get dare is online and (relatively) anonymous doesn't change the fact that all the usual relational and sexual dynamics still apply. Sure, it's not identical to "real life," but it's still real people on the other side of the screen.

-----

Likes: Teasing / Control / Denial / Edging / Light pain / Light humiliation / Bondage
semper_virilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:19 PM   #41
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by semper_virilis View Post
Be attractive, don't be unattractive.

The fact that get dare is online and (relatively) anonymous doesn't change the fact that all the usual relational and sexual dynamics still apply. Sure, it's not identical to "real life," but it's still real people on the other side of the screen.
I think you make a good point, but can you clarify what you mean about attractive or unattractive? Do you mean that people might not want to play and give dares based off of appearances?

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

Old 04-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #42
semper_virilis
getDare Devil

Quote:
I think you make a good point, but can you clarify what you mean about attractive or unattractive? Do you mean that people might not want to play and give dares based off of appearances?
That was mostly a joke. It's one of those helpful-not-helpful things people sometimes give as dating advice.

To the extent it's not a joke, "attractive" in this case doesn't refer to physical appearance, but rather just the sum of how a person comes across to another.

-----

Likes: Teasing / Control / Denial / Edging / Light pain / Light humiliation / Bondage
semper_virilis is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to semper_virilis for this post:
Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #43
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

Just because someone, male or female, says they like something in their signature, a thread post, or anything else, does not give you the right to assume that they are looking for someone to do it for them ot give them a task for it. If I want a task, I will ask. Otherwise if you message me saying what you will do to me, you can bet you will be getting no where. Personally I think trust is huge so if you don't try to get to know me first, you can scram.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

Old 05-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #44
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Just because someone, male or female, says they like something in their signature, a thread post, or anything else, does not give you the right to assume that they are looking for someone to do it for them ot give them a task for it. If I want a task, I will ask. Otherwise if you message me saying what you will do to me, you can bet you will be getting no where. Personally I think trust is huge so if you don't try to get to know me first, you can scram.
Ah, those people.

And true, you need to get know people first.

What I also hate though is when people only try to get to know you so they can give you a task. People can see through it.

Also, if someone has rules or whatever to get something from them, don't quote it and say it's useless, that's rude.

They didn't write it for their health.

Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary

Likes + Limits
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Old 12-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #45
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

I'm not going to lie, I forgot this thread existed, but I find myself still needing to work on the messages people are sending me.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

Advertisements
Kink Talk