Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

As someone who organises BDSM club events in the north east of England, I can say that BDSM is a blanket term, and can therefore in and of itself not be illegal. However, many of the acts that extreme BDSMers take part in can be illegal, and an over zealous official could decide most kink acts can be construed as illegal. No club will knowingly admit under 18s, and it would be illegal for us to do so.

It is a very grey area, there are few prosecutions (other than those involving minors, animals, non consensual etc)- and as British law is set on precedent, there are few hard precedents either.

On to the original question, I believe 16 year olds can indulge privately, but documenting it (photos, webcams etc) is illegal under 18, because they rightly are still considered minors.

However, there will always be sickos out there who court and groom younger people. All we can really do is bring cases to the relative authorities and let them deal with it.

Mike

Advertisements
Kink Talk