Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: What Next Generation Video Game Console Will You Be Getting?
The hardcore Xbox 360 18 31.58%
The funky Wii 17 29.82%
The graphics-whore Playstation 3 14 24.56%
The super standard PC 6 10.53%
Or none of dem 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Smile Guy
getDare Sweetheart

Default The Next Generation Video Game Console Thread

Just thought I'd ask all the folks what video game consoles they're planning on getting next-generation!!!
Smile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Ya know the Xbox 360s will fly off the shelves again before Halo 3 comes out and I'm gettin' one of em'.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
depp
SysOp

I'm a Wii type of guy. I love my DS and I think Nintendo is starting to do some really cool things. I'm not a serious gamer though. Only play a couple games a year.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
AgentGreen

I second Depp with Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wii_at_E3_1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	6  
AgentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
userben
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to userben

lol while im get my 360 tomarow but i think the new nentendo console looks cool the control only make me think it is going to be awsom and it wont be as much as playstation3 and xbox360 but i will probly end of evetly getting all 3 i have ps2 the game cube and xbox
AND WHAT IS A funky Wii
Old 09-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
dareboy
Account Banned

i think wii will be cool but nintendo failed after about ayear with the game cube making no more "good" im gonna have to side with PS3 b/c ps2 was such a success and plus theres grandtheft auto for ps3
Old 03-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
I'm a Wii type of guy. I love my DS and I think Nintendo is starting to do some really cool things. I'm not a serious gamer though. Only play a couple games a year.
Yea a WII Sounds cool but I heard that the controller flew off the people's hands and into the T.V.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

ye glutgod you are right also the Wii controler dosnt work very well near christmas lights... so imagen all those ppl that got it for christmas and set it up near their tree :P... lol ooo the possiblities.
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #9
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

the christmas light thing was a HOAX and nintendo recalled all old wiimote cord and replaced them.

at Cheesy dude

Sony is making at the moment 100 euro PROFIT at every ps3 sold, the price of blueray decreased and because of the backwardcompatibality chip that isnt included in the PS3 (will be software in europe, not hardware)

and the wii is defitinaly going to sell more then the ps3, because the ps3 and xbox360 are eachother concurents, the wii isnt a direct concurent, the price is lower (non-hardcore-gamers wont buy a thing of 600 euro, they just think that that is far to expensive, they DONT know the specs and 250 is a lot less) and the wii is inovative, like the DS (everybody thought that psp would sell better) I think the final standings will be:

1) Nintendo Wii
2) Playstation 3 (because this console will actually sell more consoles then the GBA in Japan)
3) XBOX 360 (a ORIGINAL GBA sells more then this console in japan. If you completly miss 1 continent (out of the 3 importants (europe japan united states) then you wont be the leader)
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
Wcbrown514

Send a message via AIM to Wcbrown514 Send a message via Yahoo to Wcbrown514

For me it was tough I mean all the systems are so awesome in their own way. I mean The 360's offers me Halo 3 and I am a hardcore Halo fanatic by the way so that is important to me. The Wii has the ability to play all the old games from NES and Super NES and the all mighty N64, which in my opinion are some of the greatest system ever created! Then there is the all powerful PS3! The lights of heaven shine-down on it's awesome Blue Ray technology!!! And the games on the PS3 are also some really good games such as Gundam World which hopefully will redeem the name Gundam after the horrible games that we have seen in the past. The final choice is the PC and though you see the Xbox 360, Wii, and the PS3, we cannot ignore the fact that the PC offers us some great benefits that the system do not, such as The easiest control to use in any RTS(this is only if you are an RTS lover) and FREE internet gameplay and with the right OS and the new Dell XPS you can do some serious gaming in such games as Rise of Nations 2, which is soon to be released! Go Big Huge Games!!!! So the choice is yours, either way your are getting something good! This year is the year of the gaming systems.
Wcbrown514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #11
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3

I have ordered my PS3 and will come out on realsease day 23rd march 2007. In the UK. Im getting 3 games and its gonna be ace. Because all my m8s exopect me to get 1 cos i have all the latst stuff im trowing a really big party an the PS3 is gonna be the center of ettention.

its all souped uop and i have my brand new HD tv waiting for my PS3 to hook up :P....

any 1 who thinks it wont be ace is a looser. end of!
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #12
Musty 21
getDare Devil

Send a message via ICQ to Musty 21 Send a message via AIM to Musty 21 Send a message via MSN to Musty 21 Send a message via Yahoo to Musty 21

wii is the least selling consoule in america. i have had a 360 since febuary 06 i love it and would not trade it for a ps3
Sunday, Septermber 07, 2008 at 7:55p.m. Musty21 achieved 1,000 posts.

Click here to see it!
Musty 21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk