Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 10-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
Sharp Nacelle
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Sharp Nacelle
Default How dare you?

Well, we're all here on a site named getDare, presumably, many of us are here because we like giving and getting dares. I'd like to know what the attraction is.

Do you like the back-and-forth of challenging people and being challenged? Do you like it because it pushes your limits into unexplored areas? Is it mainly a sexual thing for you? Which do you enjoy more - giving or getting? Do you view doing dares as the price for getting other people to do them? Do you give dares more based on what the other person would like, or on what you'd like them to do?

Personally, I don't often enjoy doing or getting dares, but when I do it's mainly about giving them, both because i like to give someone something fun for them, and very occasionally because I like to suggest they do something sexy for my own fun.

I more enjoy the other side of the coin - truths. I like finding out about someone, getting to know them, having them ask me questions too, connecting with them on that level.

What about you?
Anonymous secrets
My advert
Sharp Nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
Ancient Brit

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Nacelle View Post
Well, we're all here on a site named getDare, presumably, many of us are here because we like giving and getting dares. I'd like to know what the attraction is.

Do you like the back-and-forth of challenging people and being challenged? Do you like it because it pushes your limits into unexplored areas? Is it mainly a sexual thing for you? ...................What about you?
Hi

For me its mainly about pushing my limits into unexplored areas and challenging the often irrational rules of modern society?

I've always tended to rebel against the dress codes of society.
Why wear a tie to work?
Why wear clothes when swimming?
Why wear hot sticky clothes when running or walking in hot weather?

Can someone give me a sensible answers to these questions?

Personally I'm not particularly interested in the sexual aspects (probably a sign of old age) so it's naked dares rather than sexual dares that interest me.

Ancient Brit
Ancient Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
BlitzMundane
getDare Sweetheart

I joined this site for the dares, but grew tired of them. I didn't like giving dares because I wasn't imaginitive/experienced enough to think of a crazy and sexually stimulating dare.

I don't like receiving dares because I either forget and not do them or wimp out and not do them.

I like being controlled and manipulated, though, so the period of time that I had a master was enjoyable. I guess that I'm more of a personal sub. I'd prefer one person to give me tasks and punish me when I don't complete them over five people giving me dares that I have no motivation to do.

On a side note, I like truths and thread games.
blackmail you
share pictures
trade MSN adresses
or play TorD.
I won't reply.

Stories I've written;
"Say it!" http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=55553
BlitzMundane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

I would like to recieve dares based on my limits, but no one has really even given me anything. I give people dares on both what I would enjoy seeing and what they would enjoy doing or I hope they would enjoy.

Truths are nice and easy and fun to answer as well as the games.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk