Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 04-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
PinkAndPurple98

Traffic Should I join fetlife?

A lot of people have suggested fetlife to me. They say it is a really good way to meet people and go to events and stuff. This is something I would love to do, in theory. But as someone who has never done any kink stuff outside of their bedroom, the idea is also a bit daunting.

I just sort of want a little advice. Should I join fetlife? It would be really cool to actually meet other people into this stuff. And even if I never actually had the balls to meet up, it would still be cool to talk to people who live nearby. (Getdare is fun but its user base is pretty small)

Any advice? Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid post
PinkAndPurple98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Top Dogs

Personally I think it's shit...never met anyone off there, only have an account to keep in touch with others I've met through various other means. Full of sad 'single male seeks female' type posts. OK for finding out where local munches are...that's about it.

Likes: games, forfeits, strip, cum, pee, underwear, underwear / clothing destruction, messy, cam.
Limits: public, dangerous, poo, pain, anal, expensive, insertion of anything anywhere, time-consuming, body writing, involving others.
I have no toys suitable for solo use and no female clothing.
Top Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #3
The_Dared
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to The_Dared

Fetlife is great, so long as you use it how you just described. It is a great way to get involved with your local scene. If, however, your intention was to use it as a dating or hookup site, you will not be welcomed. We are a large community, but we try to have each others backs. We are very welcoming and open to all kinds, but if someone comes in acting like a predator, the community will be wary.

The best people I know in my life right now are all people I met at parties and munches through fetlife. I highly recommend joining

Lock me in my clothes

PM Dares!

Likes and Limits
The_Dared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:02 AM   #4
Jaro
The toe sucking anal slut

Fetlife is hardly a good place to meet people. People there are not welcoming at all and don't appreciate it being used as a hookup site. Also, it's so large that any post gets lost in the crowd quicker than you can say Mississippi.

There's only two things Fetlife is good at and that's finding and signing up for local kink events. Also, the database of information and how-to articles is really extensive so it's a good place to learn stuff, IF you can actually find the information you are looking for which is a daunting task by itself.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToys

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I agree with all the earlier posts. I barely use FetLife myself but I know it's a great platform to find and meet local people who are also into BDSM and related things. There are a lot of events that you can visit (at least in the Netherlands). Some of them are paid events in an SM club and others are weekly meetups in a bar.

I don't know much about the content because it's very limited to users who don't have a premium account on FetLife (monthly/annual subscription). This is the sole reason I don't bother browsing through limited content but instead visit public forums, Tumblr pages and other free databases?

There is no harm in signing up on FetLife. You might be a bit overwhelmed with how big FetLife is (I was). So try to focus on your local area.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #6
PinkAndPurple98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dogs View Post
Personally I think it's shit...never met anyone off there, only have an account to keep in touch with others I've met through various other means. Full of sad 'single male seeks female' type posts. OK for finding out where local munches are...that's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dared View Post
Fetlife is great, so long as you use it how you just described. It is a great way to get involved with your local scene. If, however, your intention was to use it as a dating or hookup site, you will not be welcomed. We are a large community, but we try to have each others backs. We are very welcoming and open to all kinds, but if someone comes in acting like a predator, the community will be wary.

The best people I know in my life right now are all people I met at parties and munches through fetlife. I highly recommend joining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroface View Post
Fetlife is hardly a good place to meet people. People there are not welcoming at all and don't appreciate it being used as a hookup site. Also, it's so large that any post gets lost in the crowd quicker than you can say Mississippi.

There's only two things Fetlife is good at and that's finding and signing up for local kink events. Also, the database of information and how-to articles is really extensive so it's a good place to learn stuff, IF you can actually find the information you are looking for which is a daunting task by itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
I agree with all the earlier posts. I barely use FetLife myself but I know it's a great platform to find and meet local people who are also into BDSM and related things. There are a lot of events that you can visit (at least in the Netherlands). Some of them are paid events in an SM club and others are weekly meetups in a bar.

I don't know much about the content because it's very limited to users who don't have a premium account on FetLife (monthly/annual subscription). This is the sole reason I don't bother browsing through limited content but instead visit public forums, Tumblr pages and other free databases?

There is no harm in signing up on FetLife. You might be a bit overwhelmed with how big FetLife is (I was). So try to focus on your local area.
Thank you all for your advice! You have been very helpful!
PinkAndPurple98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk