Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

Lightbulb NEW FEATURE: getDare Blogs

A new feature was quietly added tonight! Now users have the ability to post blogs in their profiles. Have fun playing with this new feature. Should you have any problems or ideas please let me know.

I plan on better integrating this into the user profile system in the near future.

To access the blogs just click the "getDare Blogs" option on the menu bar up top.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
depp
SysOp

Default Customize your blogs!

Also wanted to point out that you can customize your blog a bit by adding cool page headers ad setting up groups for you to post into.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blog.PNG
Views:	109
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	113  
Old 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Looking4somename
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via ICQ to Looking4somename Send a message via AIM to Looking4somename Send a message via MSN to Looking4somename Send a message via Yahoo to Looking4somename

Loved the idea of blogs, it might prove to be an excellent addiotion.

I also noticed that the chat is gone (I hope it's not premenant) and that "top 7 stats" on the bottom of the main page as been changed ot "top 5 stats"
I really thing the earlier version (with 7) was better cause you can get a longer list of the most recent messages there, a longer list of new users and a longer list of new threads in M/s section.
Since I use most of those constantly and every time I log in, I am disappointed by the fact it will be less informative from now on. Fancy changing it back to 7?

The limitation of showing 200 users that were online lately is a blessing, no more will I have to scroll to much down.

Anyway, a change is always welcome and you've done some good work with the scripting in the blog system. Looking forward to see what's going to happen next.

"You know, these clothes do not fancy you at all. It should be a dress or nothing... I happen to have no dress in my cabin." (Captain Jack Sparrow)

...Some of the want to get used by you
Looking4somename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
depp
SysOp

I'll have it list 7 again here soon.
Chat is down right now while I am upgrading it (doing that as we speak). Don't worry, it will be back
Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Davros
Account Banned

The chat looks amazing I had a nosey in!

LOVE the blogness, just updated mine
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
depp
SysOp

You can read all about the features the blogs have by clicking here.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
Looking4somename
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via ICQ to Looking4somename Send a message via AIM to Looking4somename Send a message via MSN to Looking4somename Send a message via Yahoo to Looking4somename

I've noticed you can see how many views the last 5 blog entries have. Is there another way to see how many views I've had to my blog entries?
This could be really useful.

"You know, these clothes do not fancy you at all. It should be a dress or nothing... I happen to have no dress in my cabin." (Captain Jack Sparrow)

...Some of the want to get used by you
Looking4somename is offline   Reply With Quote