Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
Comeintotheparlor
getDare Sweetheart

Default Facts

Time to spread some useless facts!

Ever notice how roman statues nearly always have small penises? Well, the Romans thought a small penis was better. A large one was thought of as gross and comical.

There is a story in the bible where a person was sick of having splotchy cows, and so they put black and white stripes on a stick, stuck it in the ground and voila! striped cows

thought being sexually crude is a new thing? think again, this poem, was written in 84 ad. it was written in latin and wasn't translated till the 20th century because it was deemed too disgusting.

I’m gonna fuck you guys up the ass and shove my cock down your throats,
yes, you, Aurelius–you fucking cocksucker–and you too, Furius, you faggot!
Just because my verses are tender doesn’t mean
that I’ve gone all soft. Sure, a poet should focus
on writing poetry and not on sex; but does that
mean they can’t write about sex? If a poem is
in good taste, well-written and erotic,
it can give massive boners to hairy old men,
not just to horny teenagers. You think I’m a sissy
just because I write about thousands of kisses?
I’m gonna fuck you guys up the ass and shove my cock down your throats!

Nutmeg is poisonous, apples and the stones of stone fruit contain cyanide

small amounts of radiation is actually good for the body. Area's that contain healing water and the like usually have some radiation.

Likes ice, control (or lack there of) pain, anal, pee
Dislikes: long dares wedgies
limits: very public( including family & freinds), messy, scat,
Comeintotheparlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Star Shadows
Prodigy

You can't sneeze with your eyes open.

"The Paomnnehal Pweor Of The Hmuan Mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch as Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe"

Monopoly was origionally circular

STRAP ON is NO PARTS backwards (I Lolled)

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words

Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.

All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Sunsets are caused by pollution in the air... it's the shades of light that aren't absorbed into the pollutants that shine through. Coolio.

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
sweetsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
JHarvey

Send a message via MSN to JHarvey

- Scallops have approximately 100 eyes around the edge of its shell.

- Colgate faced a big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command "go hang yourself."

- China has more English speakers than the United States.

- In 1631, two London bible printers accidentally left the word "not" out of the seventh commandment, which then read, "Thou shalt commit adultery." This legendary book is now known as the "Wicked Bible."

- Some octopuses have been known to eat their arms off when they are exposed to stressful situations.

- Ramses II, a pharaoh of Egypt died in 1225 B.C. At the time of his death, he had fathered 96 sons and 60 daughters.
JHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
Star Shadows
Prodigy

The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.

A fetus that is four months old, will becomes startled and turn away if a light is flashed on the mother's stomach.

A sneeze can travel as fast as one hundred miles per hour.

Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead

In 1976 Rodrigo's 'Guitar Concierto de Aranjuez' was No 1 in the UK for only three hours because of a computer error.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
banneduser
Account Banned

At sunset there is a brief flash of green light across the sky caused by the fact that green light is refracted differently in the atmosphere. It is very brief and hard to see.

Jesus is based on the ancient sun god Mithras (Dont bible bash me, just read up the facts)

The inverted pentagram/pentacle is not representative of the devil or satan. In fact it represents the Horned god of many pagan religions. The christians bastardized these gods in order to get more money and power, sorry... i mean "followers".

I could go on with the religious stuff, i really could...

Satanism isnt evil, it simply represents life lived to is fullest regardless of the way society looks upon one.

The word "hello" is not a word of greeting, it is one of surprise.

An electron, contrary to what you are taught at school, does NOT orbit its atomic nucleus, instead it simply appears and disappears all around the nucleus flashing into and out of existence. If you took a photo you might see one, 2, 100 or even zero electrons around any given atom. They are disconnected it would seem, from time and perhaps space.

If you shine one photon (particles of light) at two slits in a wall you will see two pinpoints of light on the other side. IE the photon split into two parts and went through both holes at once. But if you were to try to watch and measure the proton going through the holes you would see only one point of light on the other side. IE it "knows" you are watching.

If you pass two particles close enough together they can become entangled. If you then seperate these by a billion miles, or even just 2mm and spin one in a particular way the other will do the exact opposite instantly. It doesnt matter what is between them or how far apart they are. Again they seem to be disconnected from time-space.

Teleportation is possible. We have already done it in labs around the world, albeit at a tiny, tiny scale.

More?

Meh, ok....

The earth has at least 2 moons. The second is far too small and far away to see, it is more of an asteroid but because it now orbits the earth it is classed as a moon.

A signal was detected using massive satellites on earth that resembled an alien signal. the scientists monitoring it simply circles the signal and wrote "WOW!" it is now called the "wow signal" and is yet to be explained.

the pyramids werent built by slaves.

Almost all holidays in the year are based upon paganism. This includes christmas, easter and halloween. IMHO valentines day is also based on a pagan holiday, though i havent heard anyone else mention this connection.

stop? not yet.

Yellowstone national park (as seen in the film 2012) is am assive supervolcano. If it explodes america will have a big hole in it and the rest of the earth may experience a mini ice age or atleast some cooling and darkening thanks to the ash cloud. This explosion is overdue....

Invisibility cloaks have been made, albeit not on a scale fit for humans, nor for the visible light spectrum.

no-one knows how magnets work, what they teach you at school is just their best guess.

I believe that going on the number of vessels the Walt Disney corp has the biggest navy in the world.
banneduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
Comeintotheparlor
getDare Sweetheart

This is all off the top of my head. the only thing I looked up was the name of Déjà Vécu which I had forgotten the name of

Quote:
"The Paomnnehal Pweor Of The Hmuan Mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch as Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe"
That's false. Cambridge never had anything to do with anything like that. If you care to notice, that paragraph nearly always keeps the shape of the word as well.

Quote:
You can't sneeze with your eyes open.
A normal human can't, but some people are missing the reflex that causes that

Quote:
The word "hello" is not a word of greeting, it is one of surprise.
Hello was invented to answer the telephone with.

Quote:
the pyramids werent built by slaves.
And the people who did build the pyramids were treated better then most common people. There is evidence they were treated for broken bones by a doctor. Something that usually only happened for the upper crust

Quote:
Almost all holidays in the year are based upon paganism. This includes christmas, easter and halloween. IMHO valentines day is also based on a pagan holiday, though i havent heard anyone else mention this connection.
If I remember correctly, It's something to do with cupid?

Quote:
Teleportation is possible. We have already done it in labs around the world, albeit at a tiny, tiny scale.
It's done atom by atom, and would take some horrid number of years for a human to be teleported. Something like 60000000 years IIRC

The taste of water comes from the impurities in it

No one knows how a cat purrs

Over the past 40 years, Whale songs have been getting deeper at a constant rate, all over the world. No one knows why, some suggest pollution, global warming, but it seems to constant to be something like that.

Gorillas used to be thought of a crypto zoological animal (eg. loch ness monster, big foot etc)

Cheetahs kill leopard cubs. No one knows why. It's not competition because they don't go after the mothers, and it's not for food because they don't eat the cubs.

Elephants penises are prehensile.

Hyena females are dominant and their clit has evolved into a pseudo penis

Penises is the correct plural for penis.

Wendy was not made up for the story Peter Pan, only popularised

On average, London around the time of Jack the Ripper only had 30 murders a year.

The saying " Fallen off the wagon" comes from back in merry old England when they didn't have gaols. They would take a condemned man to the gallows via a wagon, and if a publican called to see if he wanted a beer, the person accompanying him would say "No, He is on the wagon."

There are many artefacts that have been found that are seemingly human in origin but they predate humans by hundreds of thousands of years.

The Mayan calendar doesn't predict the end of the world, only the start of a new one.

The bees are disappearing and no one knows why.

The saying what's got your goat comes from horse racing. They sometimes give a horse a stable mate for company. These frequently were goats, and if the goat was taken away, the horse would get agitated.

Humans actually have a blind spot, if you type it into google you should find a image showing you it.

Most people aren't experiencing de javu (already seen). they are actually experiencing Déjà Vécu (already lived through)

Some other terms.

Déjà visité (already visted)
The feeling of being familiar with a location never visited before. It's rare to experience.

Déjà senti ( already felt)
I'm not quite sure about this one, because I've seen two different explanations:

When you can't remember something, and then something triggers recollection, but moments after the trigger has been forgotten
I've also heard Déjà senti explained as:
This is when you feel like you've just done something, but you haven't.

Jamais vu (Never seen)
When a thing familiar to you, becomes unrecognisable. For a easy example, repeat a word over and over again, and eventually it will stop sounding like a word (for a while) and just sound meaningless. this can happen with words, places and people. It's hypothesised this is from brain fatigue, a lot of people call this vuja de, but reversing a word doesn't reverse the meaning.

Presque vu (almost seen)
the tip of your tongue senstation

Winston Churchill was psychic. Once, in the middle of dinner, he just stood up and walked into the servants quarters and told them to evacuate. minutes later a bomb dropped exactly on that spot.

Winnie the pooh was based a bear being kept as a mascot.

Paranormal phenomena has been increasing.

There are sounds like the WOW signal that originate underwater

The invisibility cloaks work by bending light, IIRC

Almost all cultures have a form of vampire.

The book vampyre basically started the romantic vampire genre.

All people with my last name are connected somewhere along the line (we come from one place in England) and there is a character in Dracula, carrying my families name

You know those little cute things we call cherubs? They aren't actually cherubs. they are actually called putto. A cherub is angel with four wings, three heads and many eyes.

We have explored more of space then we have our own ocean (which, I think is slack. why go out into other planets, when we haven't finished with our own.)

Likes ice, control (or lack there of) pain, anal, pee
Dislikes: long dares wedgies
limits: very public( including family & freinds), messy, scat,

Last edited by Comeintotheparlor; 01-11-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Comeintotheparlor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk