Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

It's like a normal world, only weirder. Now with 100% more poetry!
Old

Nonsensical.

Posted 11-30-2014 at 07:58 AM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 11-30-2014 at 02:50 PM by An_Jon

Back to posting poems again.

These are four poems which are inspired by very specific events in my life. Nothing special or life changing, but observations. They're so specific that they're essentially about nothing in particular. They'd sound utterly nonsensical to everyone other than me if I told you what experience to apply them to; which is why they're also non-specific in the way they're written. Apply your own thoughts and feelings to them. They're blank canvases.

Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Pushed over the limit.

Posted 11-28-2014 at 05:35 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

I've been pushed over the limit in real life before, but never like this. This wasn't an intensity issue. It wasn't unhygienic. It's not even something I've been shielded from in real life. I thought I'd share with you this particular time I was pushed over my limits because it's a very specific time, and I learned a lot about my self in this moment.

I was playing with a friend at uni. We'd had a great day exploring, doing parkour and generally having a great time. We went back to her...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

If you think that you're better than me...

Posted 11-27-2014 at 12:24 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

No poems today. I have a little rant to make.

I was chatting to someone I know on Fetlife. We're not friends on there, but she found me and regognised my name, location and idioms from real life. Seriously, if anyone actually knows me around here I wouldn't be hard to trace.

I'll be honest here, I never really liked her; but I do admire some of the things about her. She is driven, intelligent and jumps into whatever she does with such enthusiasm. She makes friends easily...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Songs

Posted 11-25-2014 at 06:22 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

This is the next installment of my posting some of my writing. This time I thought I'd turn to song lyrics, as I write a lot of those. I also have the melodies and a rough sound for them in my head, but with no musical talent at all I have no way of performing them. Make up your own melodies and sounds, it'll be fun!

I also try to group my writings to make mini albums, or EPs. I'd a sad thrill, but a thrill nonetheless. I like experimenting with overarching themes. I have several of these
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More poems.

Posted 11-24-2014 at 08:15 AM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 11-25-2014 at 06:31 AM by An_Jon

Two more poems I wrote. This first one is from 2011. I'm posting it totally unedited from how it was then. It was a time when I was head-over heels in love. Unfortunately the relationship didn't last, but I wrote this while it was going on. It serves as a nice reminder to me about what that time was like:

Beautiful.

Hand in hand.
Sun to moon.
Stupid dance,
look the loon.

Bedtime arms.
Playful jab.
Morning breath.
One...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Unfamiliar.

Posted 11-20-2014 at 07:03 AM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 11-20-2014 at 07:10 AM by An_Jon

Part 2 of posting bad poetry.

This place looks unfamiliar,
like I haven't been here before.
Except the doormat's mine,
my washing up is by the sink,
I'm sitting in my chair.

The smell, quite funny,
hits you harder the first time.
The wall I'm staring at
reflects in the most
unfamiliar of ways: a golden glow.

Except that's not me
in my chair, in my house.
Slender legs, crossed, dirty
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why I write.

Posted 11-16-2014 at 05:34 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 11-17-2014 at 08:30 AM by An_Jon

I've often wondered why I write so much yet never post it. A few days ago I posted a poem called All Your Senses into my blog. It's staying there, so you can read it if you want to.

Fact is I write a tonne of stuff. I write non-fiction, fiction, poetry, songs, scripts and yet I never post them. I've often wondered what the point of it all is.

I've considered getting an account on an amateur writing site and posting there, but after having a scout around I realised that the...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized