Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Another Poem

Posted 10-18-2016 at 07:59 PM by The Slutty Princess

I'll share another one of my poems.
If you missed the first one, it's under the blog post called 'My Flower'! This poem is different from my last, it's not about love, it's not about Sammie, heck, it's not really about anything that has affected me in my life. It's just something I've come up with as I watch the world destroy itself with all that hate the people pump into the world's bloodstream.

Words
Words have the power to drown, to shatter, to rip and tear apart
Words have the power to heal, to change, and to provide hope
But what I find most fascinating of all;
Words can mean absolutely nothing
How dooming a thought; the words that break, the words that give hope,
We take them all in believing they must be true
We as humans make the mistake to believe all words are true
But lies consume
And they're everywhere.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1000 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nothing and everything...
  2. Old Comment
    Thank you for sharing your creativity Lia

Your poem reminds me of Sara Bareilles song ~ Brave

And you have got me wanting to share more of mine ^.^

~Joanna
  3. Old Comment
    Oooooh, I love poems. I enjoy how varied they are in style, and how the tone is affected by the style.

Your use of line breaks is fantastic, especially how you shift the message of the poem on a dine from quite a positive beginning to a much more cynical ending. That's a fantastic parallel to being told a lie - everything sounds great at first, but you're left with a darker, more pessimistic taste in your mouth once the lie has been revealed; and you begin seeing lies everywhere (even where they're not).

I can offer some constructive criticism over PM if you'd like? I love discussing creative work and trying to improve

Also, would you mind telling me what you think of this? It's a poem I wrote about words over 18 months ago. My writing has changed a lot since then, but i'd be very interested to know what you have to say about it: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=73550

Keep writing, please!
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joansky View Comment
    Thank you for sharing your creativity Lia

Your poem reminds me of Sara Bareilles song ~ Brave

And you have got me wanting to share more of mine ^.^

~Joanna
    Haha, Thanks Joanna.
    Glad I could be an inspiration in some sort. I'd love to hear some of yours!

Love,
    Lia
    Posted 10-19-2016 at 07:17 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by An_Jon View Comment
    Oooooh, I love poems. I enjoy how varied they are in style, and how the tone is affected by the style.

Your use of line breaks is fantastic, especially how you shift the message of the poem on a dine from quite a positive beginning to a much more cynical ending. That's a fantastic parallel to being told a lie - everything sounds great at first, but you're left with a darker, more pessimistic taste in your mouth once the lie has been revealed; and you begin seeing lies everywhere (even where they're not).

I can offer some constructive criticism over PM if you'd like? I love discussing creative work and trying to improve

Also, would you mind telling me what you think of this? It's a poem I wrote about words over 18 months ago. My writing has changed a lot since then, but i'd be very interested to know what you have to say about it: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=73550

Keep writing, please!
    Thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoyed reading it! I enjoyed reading your poem as well, it was very well structured and worded. I was a bit confused in parts here and there, but the overall meaning was easy to grasp! Your emotions can be felt as well, they seem to mix with happiness, confusion, and possibly loneliness but I love poems like that. Poems that can be interpreted differently by everyone!
    Keep writing! I love reading creative works of art. I'm a sapiosexual!

Love,
    Lia
    Posted 10-19-2016 at 07:22 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline