Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Winter Break Update

Posted 12-30-2016 at 01:55 PM by The Slutty Princess

“It’s crazy, I’m thinking, just knowing that the world is round. And here I’m dancing on the ground. Am I right-side-up or upside-down, and is this real of am I dreaming?”

How’s everyone doing? Hope you all have been having an awesome holiday break! I’ve been having a wonderful winter break. My winter break has consisted of catching up with friends, eating, spending time with the family, watching films, and working! It has been rather splendid, I feel alive and free without the stress of school work haunting me!

On top of that, I have wonderful news! A friend of mine has invited Sammie and I to join her on her trip to Belgium to visit her fiancee before she packs up and leaves her home country to move to the United States! It was a last minute Christmas gift but it has been the best Christmas gift I have gotten! Sammie and I actually haven’t been told much of the details of the trip but my friend has insured me that we will get a full tour of Belgium! I’m so ecstatic, I can’t wait. We will be staying in the municipality of Aalst in Lede at her fiancee’s place and visiting many of the attractions in Belgium. Usually, I try to stay away from my phone and computer when I am on trips because it takes away from that actually trip itself so I will be leaving my laptop at home but I’ll bring my camera! I can’t promise I’ll be taking a whole lot of pictures because life becomes much more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you'll never get the same moment twice and I usually find myself too concerned with taking the perfect picture on a trip when I should just relax and take it all in! The pictures that I do take, I’ll make sure to post them in an album on here! We are leaving the 4th of January and returning on the 9th. When we get back, I’ll make sure to post a blog about our trip!

I worked this afternoon at the library and since many of the students are back home with their families for winter break, the library is rather lonesome! I decided to spend a little time to look back at the books that I left the notes in and here is my update!

“You’re beautiful.” Replied: "Thanks!"

“I just want you to be happy...and naked.” No reply, note is missing.

“What color is your underwear? My guess is blue. ” Note is still there

“Spread love as thick as you’d spread nutella.” Someone drew a heart next to the note!

“You have a beautiful smile.” No reply, note is still there

"You are perfect in every way imaginable." Replied: "Thanks for making my day!" Left both notes in the book.

"Always remember how much you are loved." Replied: "Thanks Stranger! "

"Don't worry, you look incredible today!" No reply, note is still ther"

"You're the best!" No reply, note is still there.

"Stop stressing, everything will be okay." No reply, note is missing.

"Your hair is gorgeous!" Replied: "Thanks, your hair is too!"

"I'm wet just thinking about you!" Note is missing, no reply.

"It only takes one to inspire an entire generation." Someone drew a heart next to the note!

Even though not all the notes have been looked at and not every person replied, it still gave me chills reading some of the replies! It certainly made work much better and it made my day knowing that I made someone else's day! If any of you did partake in the dare, I'd love to hear what messages you wrote and if you've checked back for replies!

And lastly, thank you all for your comments on the blog! I stuck to my pledge and donated $10 for every comment! I've made a donation of $120 to http://www.handinhandforsyria.org.uk
With your help and generosity, that money will be used to provided security, sanitation, food, water, and medical aid to the men, women, and children in Syria who need it more than I do! Little by little, hopefully the suffering in this world will decrease!

Just remember, it's not the things we have, the money we make, the photos we take, or the popularity we gain that define us. It's the unforgettable marks we make on others hearts and lives that will cause us to bloom. It's leaving people a little bit better off that really matters. So, be kind, love one another, and make your mark!

Love,
~Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 753 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks for the update.
  2. Old Comment
    Super updates. In time, I am sure there will be more. I am thrilled to hear the number that replied, and we can only guess as to the reaction of the missing ones?

I admire your generosity!

The best in 2017. You deserve wonderful things!