Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Rate this Entry

Change of pace

Posted 01-11-2008 at 05:59 AM by depp

Was driving tonight at 4 am and a coyote darted in front of my car from out of nowhere. I was going about 45mph on a night with no moon and there was simply no time to react. I clipped the poor thing rather badly. So badly it was out cold in the middle of the road when I had a chance to turn around.

I walk a lot at night and hike the hills during the day. Coyotes are a regular sight and a part of my familiar landscape. I have always admired their intelligence and playfulness with one another in packs.

Animals die at my hands every day when I prepare a chicken or eat a hamburger but rarely animals I hold in such high regard as the coyote. There is almost a mystical quality to the animal that has always captured my imagination.

To take life from a being I respect, just brimming with a playful perception of his environment, makes me unbelievably sad.
Posted in Personal life
Views 2087 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This may sound strange to you but try it and see if you feel better. Find an object that helps to symbolize what the coyotes mean to you. Take this object with you. You can go to the place where the coyote died or you can go to a place where you see them often or truly enjoying seeing them.

Hold the object in your hands. Open your heart to that which surounds you, thinking about the coyotes. Tell them with your heart how sorry you are and do not wish to lose the connection you have w/them. Tell them why they are important to you.

Leave the object there when you leave. Don't be surprised if you feel like someone else is there with you during this. Or if you see a coyote shortly there after.

Hope this helps you deal with your feelings. Let me know.
  2. Old Comment
    Are you, by any chance, a part of one or more of the many Indian nations that we white people slaughtered and abused without mercy?

If so, go on a vision quest. Then you'll be fine.
  3. Old Comment

Sometimes it is not what but how and why and perhaps even just time

Coyote the trickster the stories and history of one who has come before this time. Feel gracious for your part in the continuing journey of one so highly misunderstood and yet one so highly within the mythos. One can also say that if it was that coyote’s time to move on, you should be thankful to be one chosen to help the coyote continue its journeys to a different place. Some times things happen for a reason. May be this was a story for you to learn from or perhaps a call to you for some reason. Have you ever thought about shamanism? Then again the cosmic roll of the dice is never understood completely nor ever should be looked into to far either.

As I have said before I do things in an older fashion. Feel free to contact us to ask questions.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Hope this helps you deal with your feelings. Let me know.
    Thanks for your advice. I'll try this in the next few days and post here shortly afterwards.

Quote:
    Are you, by any chance, a part of one or more of the many Indian nations that we white people slaughtered and abused without mercy?
    There are some rumors in my family there may have been some Indian at one point (hush hush) but I'm almost purely Welsh with a touch of German.

Quote:
    Have you ever thought about shamanism?
    Strangely I have always been interested in it since reading accounts of ayahuasca ceremonies in South Africa. Sadly my knowledge of the shaman only comes through my interest in the psychedelic movement. This is most likely not a full picture. After this I will definitely look more into it.