Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Going Away Party

Posted 08-18-2016 at 10:30 PM by The Slutty Princess

Today was a mixture of emotions, a fun day...a sad day...a day I won’t forget...my going away party! For those of you that don’t know me that well, I’m a melancholic. I get emotional over many things and cry for the silliest reasons. Sometimes, I just lay awake and cry over the past...cry over the future...all for no apparent reason. Tonight is one of those nights.

I had an awesomely fun party! Everyone from my grandparents to my cousins, and to my aunts & uncles came. We had a little get together in the backyard and I enjoyed all their company, answering questions, and seeing them all. The next time I’ll see them all will probably be Christmas, and I am already counting down the days. My little cousins got to the party first, Olive and Olivia. They are the cutest, most adorable things in the world! Olive is a little dork but a cute little dork. Haha, I played with Barbie’s with them for almost an hour. Not something you’d think a girl going off to college would be doing but I am quite childish. I still wear bows and act like a little girl. Eventually, everyone piled into the yard. We played bags, chatted, told stories, sang around the fire, and filled our tummies with my mom’s awesome BBQ pork sandwiches. It would have been better if it weren’t so blistering hot! My cousins and I made a homemade slip-n-slide with a tarp and a hose and we had an awesome time with that!

Ugh, I’ll miss my adorable little cousins.
I’ll miss singing and dancing with my older cousins. I’ll miss slipping off into the woods and getting in trouble with them.
I’ll miss my Aunt and Uncle's silliness, their lame jokes, taking a ride on his motorcycle, fishing with them.
I’ll miss my brother. Even if he can annoy me at times, I enjoy teasing and pestering him right back.
I’ll miss my grandparents. I’ll miss baking cakes, cookies, and all kinds of sweets with my Grandma. I’ll miss taking trips with them every other weekend. Most of all, I’ll miss not being there for my Grandpa’s battles.
I can’t even begin to express how much I’ll miss my parents. I’ll miss their everyday questions, their home cooked meals, their care, everything.
And last, but never least, I’ll miss my sister the most.

I know it may seem like I’m making a big deal over a small event, but like I said, I’m a melancholic. I’m only a skype call away. I can take a two-hour drive up there each weekend to see them. I guess I just don’t know how to feel about living without them. I’ll certainly be ridden with homesickness for awhile. I've got two more days at home. Trust me, I will cherish them!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 642 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Your party sounded perfect. Surrounded by those you love! The perfect send off! It is a good thing that you have them in your life, and you have them to miss when you are off to school!

"Still round the corner there may wait
    A new road or a secret gate
    And though I oft have passed them by
    A day will come at last when I
    Shall take the hidden paths that run
    West of the Moon, East of the Sun.
    J. R. R. Tolkien"

Enjoy the journey!
  2. Old Comment
    Sounds like you had a great day and a great journey ahead! Best of luck with everything!
  3. Old Comment
    The joy of both was upon you at your going away party. That celebration as you take that leap into this very exciting further. You are going in that start of the circle of life. Just like as that second hand does on the clock. It is your time to move in that direction.

As you head out that door, just remember within yourself.
    That life is out there just waiting for you.
    This is your life book being written and created only by you.
    Like those great stars above.