Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Am I a "true" sub?

Posted 11-20-2017 at 12:39 PM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:38 PM by Butterfly

I only have a few minutes and there is a lot i want to say on this subject matter, but I will do my best to jot down as much as I can.

I have heard a few people use the term "true" sub or "true" dom, or they will refer to somebody as a "fake" sub etc. But what makes a "true" anything?

D/s is something that is very personalized. What I am looking for in a Dom might not match what you are looking for in a Dom. The way I act, or my beliefs as a Sub, may not match what you are looking for in a Sub. And that is ok!

Because there is no set way for a D/s relationship to happen.

Anybody who tells you differently is WRONG!

If you want to submit only in the bedroom, you are still submissive. If you want to submit 24/7, you are still submissive.

If you want to only chat over a messenger app, you are still submissive. If you want to only have an in person relationship with your Dom, you are still submissive.

If you like chastity and spankings, you are submissive, if orgasm denial is a limit, you are still submissive.

The only thing you need to be, to be considered a submissive, is the want/need to submit. It can be for an hour, it can be for a week, it can be every second Tuesday, it can be long-term. Submitting is the only thing that defines being submissive.

Labels are great sometimes. They help us to keep things neat and organized and get a basic understanding of something, but there is always more to the label. There are variances and variables that have to be factored in. If you line up 10 submissives, and as them questions, I guarantee you that they will answer at least one things differently. We are not robots, we are people and people are different. You can give us names and labels, but it doesn't make us all the same.

And sometimes a label just doesn't fit and that is ok too!. If a label doesn't fit for you, you can make up your own label, or go label-less.

My point to this blog is: There is no such thing as a "true" sub. You may have an ideal sub in mind for you, or an ideal dom, but just because you believe that a sub has to love orgasm denial, doesn't mean that those people who don't, aren't a "real" sub.
Views 676 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Looks like you took my advice too literally
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saruman View Comment
    Looks like you took my advice too literally
    Not really. I already had a blog half written when you mentioned writing one.
  3. Old Comment
    But how can you be a submissive if you switch?

(Just a conversation point)
  4. Old Comment
    But you have to admit that there are people who only use it for wank fodder. Like they call themselfs D/S but really just want someone to talk dirty to them.
  5. Old Comment
    I am a "true" troll. I insist on that so let me.

Besides that, there's nothing "true" something. It would be unamerican to say that at least, if not even antisoviet and counterrevolutionary. Call me a hippocrat but I'll have water to my wine.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IHeartfun View Comment
    But how can you be a submissive if you switch?

(Just a conversation point)
    Being a switch means that you can be both submissive and dominant. You don't have to be one or the other, you can be both.

For me, I don't consider myself a switch. I don't like that label and therefore choose not to use it. I feel that I am a submissive who also enjoys being s a Domme at times. However, I am naturally submissive, that is a part of who I am. I have to work at being Dominant in a relationship.

Again, it just goes to show that each person is different.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drilldon View Comment
    But you have to admit that there are people who only use it for wank fodder. Like they call themselfs D/S but really just want someone to talk dirty to them.
    Absolutely. There are people who pretend to be 14 years old in order to lure young people into being their friend, just to take advantage of them. The fact is, those people aren't 14. Just like somebody pretending to be submissive, isn't submissive.

However, it is different when somebody is submissive or considers themselves submissive, and you tell them they aren't because they don't conform to x, y and z.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    However, it is different when somebody is submissive or considers themselves submissive, and you tell them they aren't because they don't conform to x, y and z.
    Are you trying to suggest that you don't need a Wizard dom to be a true sub?!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterwants View Comment
    Are you trying to suggest that you don't need a Wizard dom to be a true sub?!
    Something along those lines :P
  10. Old Comment
    I approve of this blog!
    Way back I also wondered if I was really submissive because I didn't like certain things or couldn't do certain things.
    But I've learned so much since then.