Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 9 votes, 3.67 average.

Why I Haven't Replied To Your Message.

Posted 12-14-2016 at 03:37 AM by IceMaiden
Updated 12-14-2016 at 03:41 AM by IceMaiden

I am absolutely awful at responding to my PM's.

Sometimes I just forget. I read it and then get distracted with something else and forget that I didn't yet reply. I'm very forgetful and easily distracted. AM reminds me daily to do this or that, sometimes even reminding me to eat. I blame my meds, I never used to be so forgetful.

Sometimes I will read a message and then have to go and do something and again forget that I haven't replied. Or I will want to wait until I have more time to answer it properly but when I do have the time I've forgotten all about it.

Some messages I just ignore. Like the ones that ask for me to be their mistress or their sub or to give them tasks or to post in threads giving tasks. Or the ones that try and make their own rules regarding my threads or PM dares. My profile is very clear that I am in a committed relationship with my Dom and that I don't want a sub or slave. It's very clear I don't want to give out tasks. I might post in threads or participate in threads where I do give out tasks but not often and when I do it's when I want to, not because someone has sent me there. If someone can't be bothered to spend two minutes reading my profile, I can't be bothered to answer them. If I replied to every message asking for tasks I would never have time to do anything else on here. And frankly, I don't like giving tasks to people who have messaged me for that sole reason and have no interest in actually conversing or letting me know how it went. As for trying to make or change boundaries set out in any threads or blogs I post...yeah, no. You're not my dom, fuck off.

The other reason I may not have replied to your message is simply because I am not in a good headspace to communicate with people. This happens when my anxiety flares up and I take a step back from people to allow myself time to recover and want to actively engage again. When it's for this reason, I tend to not reply on any messaging forum and only post in threads where I am not required to interact and converse with others.

So if you've messaged and think you may fall under the first two reasons, feel free to remind me.

If you fall under the third..yeah, fuck off. I'll keep on ignoring you. Foreeeever.

And if it is the final reason, don't pester me. I will respond when I am able to.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6183 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    And if you dont reply to MY messages, my pet, I am your Dom, so YOU fuck off.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    And if you dont reply to MY messages, my pet, I am your Dom, so YOU fuck off.
    I forgot to add in that I wont reply to rude messages. So I will ignore this one.!
  3. Old Comment
    Will you also be ignoring the messages that I haven't been bothered to send you?
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterwants View Comment
    Will you also be ignoring the messages that I haven't been bothered to send you?
    Yes, they went right in my "do not open" folder.
  5. Old Comment
    Has anyone else noticed that there is a difference between ignoring something as an adult, and the way a child does it?

An adult simply ignores, does not respond or acknowledge, where a child has a propensity to stick her fingers in her ears and yell loudly that she is ignoring you.

Just a thought.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Has anyone else noticed that there is a difference between ignoring something as an adult, and the way a child does it?

An adult simply ignores, does not respond or acknowledge, where a child has a propensity to stick her fingers in her ears and yell loudly that she is ignoring you.

Just a thought.
    What's your point? I never claimed to be an adult.

Ner ner ner ner.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Comment
    What's your point? I never claimed to be an adult.

Ner ner ner ner.
    http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=80815
    Yes, you did.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Clearly I was lying. I'm a big fake and four years old.
  9. Old Comment
    We both know you are only 3. However much you pout and protest and WANT to be 4, you aren't and possibly never will be.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:

Just a thought.
    I'm just glad that whenever I cover my eyes you can't see me
  11. Old Comment
    Ugh! The out of the blue "give me a dare" pm message. Often from someone I have never interacted with before. I hate those types too.
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    We both know you are only 3. However much you pout and protest and WANT to be 4, you aren't and possibly never will be.
    I. Am. Four. I'm going to poke you in the eye.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterwants View Comment
    I'm just glad that whenever I cover my eyes you can't see me

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaroface View Comment
    Ugh! The out of the blue "give me a dare" pm message. Often from someone I have never interacted with before. I hate those types too.
    It drives me mad! And half of the time you know if you did give them something they either wouldn't do it or just pretend they did!