Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average.

Accepting and Rejecting Friend Requests.

Posted 11-06-2016 at 04:48 PM by IceMaiden

In the last week I've recieved a few friend requests from people I don't know and/or have never or barely spoken to.

I have rejected these friend requests and was not only asked by one member why I rejected it, but it was insinuated I was cold/bitchy to do so.

No.

I rejected it because I don't know these people. I post private blogs that only my friends and staff have access to, that are not only about my d/s relationship with AM, but sometimes include personal details or events in my offline life.

I lock them because they are personal and I do not want the whole world to view them. If I did, I wouldn't bother to restrict access to them. And this is why I am choosy about who I add to my friends/contact list.

Not because I am trying to be bitchy, or because I don't want to talk or make new friends. I post personal blogs and sometimes pictures and I do not want everyone to be able to view these.

I also do not understand what the point is of adding someone to your friend list whom you've never or barely spoken to before. What exactly does this achieve? An extra 'friend' on your list? One you probably wont speak to much or at all again? I just....don't get it.

Anyway. This was to explain why I may reject requests. I have now done so.

Have a lovely night.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1418 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Poor IceMaiden worried that her blog was going to sound bitchy. It didn't, bitchy would have been this.

I didn't add you to my friends list as i don't consider you a friend. If you arent bright enough to work out that a friendship is a trusting relationship built up over a period of time, you never will become my friend. If you think I am cold or bitchy, why did you WANT to be my friend?
  2. Old Comment
    Well said!
    Don't feel bad.
    When I started on gd i did add frienfs quite quick. But after that,.... Only if there was a reason.

So,.. apart from i guess 5,.. every single friend on my friendlist carries a memory.
  3. Old Comment
    It's always interesting how different people view friends on different social media. You should only have the people on your friend list who you want there. And the fact that you have an even more legitimate reason to keep your list to who you want there is perfectly logical! But even without it, it's *your* friends list, and you get to control who's on it.

There are people on this site who will think you're bitchy because you're not instantly giving them what they want. Those people are probably not worth your time or worry.

I don't know you, although I've seen you around the site. I respect your reasons presented above. So keep doing things your way, and being one of the awesome people of gD!
  4. Old Comment
    I agree with your blog post and the comments before this one. All well said. All the friends on my list carry a memory also and are dear to me including you.

Thank you for sending me a few PMs when I lost my first Miss (in response to my blog entries). It helped me to understand and feel a bit better too. And it's nice to see you lively on chat, having fun with friends. It's nice to be your friend, even just to say Hi ^.^

We all know how people can be sometimes.

You show us how people can be as well.
    You take things gracefully in your own style.

And this isn't middle school. Hopefully they learn those lessons soon. How life is regarding friendship. And be mature about it.

*hug* Thank you for being you.

~Joanna
  5. Old Comment
    I have a few theories:

A. They're smart enough to know that there's private photo albums that could be accessed by being a friend (but also stupid enough to send a friend request out of the blue) (also, this is why I have friends.... )

B. They're trying to network (which is also stupid because randomly friend requesting someone isn't a great way to network)

C. They want to build a giant friend list and don't care who is on it (i.e Facebook accounts with thousands upon thousands of 'friends')

D. They've seen you around... stalked you... obsessed over you... probably cum on your avatar and wham bam! Now you're on a friending basis.

What you need to watch out for:
    People who are smart enough to be friendly kick-ass awesome and WHAM BAM they want to be friends just to look at private albums or get special photos sent just to them. (I fall in this category)

Essentially, way to go! You're smart not to add random stupid idiots to your list (I can't be sure that there aren't any stupid idiots on your friend list).
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    Poor IceMaiden worried that her blog was going to sound bitchy. It didn't, bitchy would have been this.

I didn't add you to my friends list as i don't consider you a friend. If you arent bright enough to work out that a friendship is a trusting relationship built up over a period of time, you never will become my friend. If you think I am cold or bitchy, why did you WANT to be my friend?

Hahahahahaha. You make me giggle. I love you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sir stefan View Comment
    Well said!
    Don't feel bad.
    When I started on gd i did add frienfs quite quick. But after that,.... Only if there was a reason.

So,.. apart from i guess 5,.. every single friend on my friendlist carries a memory.
    If there's a reason or I've spoken to the person a few times and feel comfortable with them I will add/accept. But not someone who hasn't said a single word to me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sasahara View Comment
    It's always interesting how different people view friends on different social media. You should only have the people on your friend list who you want there. And the fact that you have an even more legitimate reason to keep your list to who you want there is perfectly logical! But even without it, it's *your* friends list, and you get to control who's on it.

Exactly!

There are people on this site who will think you're bitchy because you're not instantly giving them what they want. Those people are probably not worth your time or worry.

That's true. I'm already considered bitchy because I wont bow to the demands of be my slave/miss spammers. *rolls eyes*

I don't know you, although I've seen you around the site. I respect your reasons presented above. So keep doing things your way, and being one of the awesome people of gD!
    Awwwh thank you. <3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joansky View Comment
    I agree with your blog post and the comments before this one. All well said. All the friends on my list carry a memory also and are dear to me including you.

<3

Thank you for sending me a few PMs when I lost my first Miss (in response to my blog entries). It helped me to understand and feel a bit better too. And it's nice to see you lively on chat, having fun with friends. It's nice to be your friend, even just to say Hi ^.^

I'm glad I helped a little.

We all know how people can be sometimes.

You show us how people can be as well.
    You take things gracefully in your own style.

And this isn't middle school. Hopefully they learn those lessons soon. How life is regarding friendship. And be mature about it.

*hug* Thank you for being you.

~Joanna

*Blushes.* Thank you so much!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eivins View Comment
    I have a few theories:

A. They're smart enough to know that there's private photo albums that could be accessed by being a friend (but also stupid enough to send a friend request out of the blue) (also, this is why I have friends....)
    Damn, I should have just sent you a FR to get boob photos instead of talking to you first!

B. They're trying to network (which is also stupid because randomly friend requesting someone isn't a great way to network)

C. They want to build a giant friend list and don't care who is on it (i.e Facebook accounts with thousands upon thousands of 'friends')

D. They've seen you around... stalked you... obsessed over you... probably cum on your avatar and wham bam! Now you're on a friending basis.

I...don't know how I feel about this.

What you need to watch out for:
    People who are smart enough to be friendly kick-ass awesome and WHAM BAM they want to be friends just to look at private albums or get special photos sent just to them. (I fall in this category)

Essentially, way to go! You're smart not to add random stupid idiots to your list (I can't be sure that there aren't any stupid idiots on your friend list).
    *giggles*