Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Nothing We Had Expected

Posted 09-13-2016 at 04:11 PM by The Slutty Princess

I'll keep this short and sweet since I'm overcome with emotions.

Sammie had not gotten much sleep at all last night and said she had felt worse this morning so I took her to the student health building where they ran scans on her. It was a "little stomach bug" as I had stated nor was it the flu that Sammie had thought she had. It turns out that it is much worse.

She had a tumor the was roughly the size of a volleyball removed from her today. We are waiting for the test results, they'll come either late tonight or tomorrow morning. I've never been such a mess. I'm an emotional wreck. I've been at the hospital all day, crying on everyone's shoulders.

I'm not sure if I'll be on here in the next few weeks but I'll try to provide updates when I can. There has never been a harder point in my life. If you pray, send prayers. If not, I'll take good energy, crossed fingers, love, anything you are willing to give for my baby girl. Sammie needs some good news.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2325 Comments 14
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 14

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sending you both prayers, good energy, crossed fingers, and lots of love! You both are blessings to each other, remember that. Your presence is medicine and a comfort to her as well. You make her smile, laugh, and her spirits high. Continue to do so. Be her rock if she needs somewhere to stand. Strong if she needs it. Be whatever she needs you to be for her.

You cheer her up tremendously. Be proactive and focus on the silver linings and solutions. You and her will find more progress and feel better that way than otherwise.

Remember the blessing you are to each other.
    Remember it's real.
    Not everyone has that at this moment.

Shower her with your love and affection.
    Shower her with your strength and hope.
    Shower her with you forever,
    all the moments of your life together.

Love you friend,
    ~Joanna
    Updated 09-13-2016 at 05:10 PM by Joan Sky
  2. Old Comment
    Oh wow. For sure sending prayers your way!
  3. Old Comment
    The power of prayer is so very important during times as this. It is truly sad to hear what you both must go through. My deepest feelings go out to Sammie, in hope that she will overcome this. My heart goes out to you from the emotional pain that this is putting you through and that it is another moral support. I am saying prayers for the both of you. Love is going to get you both through this period in which has been placed on both of you.
  4. Old Comment
    We'll want to know how things turn out of course. I have to hope that if they can find and remove something like that, that they've managed to catch something in time, and that while she'll need to have very regular check ups, things managed to be caught before they went from bad to worse.

Make sure she knows she is in our hearts and prayers.
  5. Old Comment
    Give Sammie your love and support. You both have mine.
  6. Old Comment
    Wack!!!! Its a smash in the face!!

I can only send you strength, strength and more strength.
    Keep yourself together. Be there for sammy.
  7. Old Comment
    I am terribly sorry. Wishing you both everything well in the world.
  8. Old Comment
    Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers! She couldn't have done it without you. The test results were negative, the tumor (despite being enormous and painful) was benign! It's good news but it's still a rough path to recovery. Soft foods, rest, rest, and more rest before she can get better. She also has to get monthly check-ups to make sure it is not a recurring issue. She is still in alot of pain from the surgery and I will continue to shower her with love until she gets better! Seems like we've got quite a few movie dates in front of us...any movie suggestions?

I can't thank all enough! I love all of you. Do me a favor, tell your loved ones you love them. Do it every single day. You never know what may happen.
    Love,
    Lia
    Posted 09-15-2016 at 08:15 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Slutty Princess View Comment
    Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers! She couldn't have done it without you. The test results were negative, the tumor (despite being enormous and painful) was benign! It's good news but it's still a rough path to recovery. Soft foods, rest, rest, and more rest before she can get better. She also has to get monthly check-ups to make sure it is not a recurring issue. She is still in alot of pain from the surgery and I will continue to shower her with love until she gets better! Seems like we've got quite a few movie dates in front of us...any movie suggestions?

I can't thank all enough! I love all of you. Do me a favor, tell your loved ones you love them. Do it every single day. You never know what may happen.
    Love,
    Lia
    I already talked to you personally, but want to reiterate here how happy I am to hear of the better news. I'm glad that everything is moving forward in a better direction and preventive measures are being taken on a regular basis. Everyone is caring for her!

I haven't been to the theater too much lately.

If you are going to have movie date nights at home as well, then here are a few older movies I have rewatched recently ~ The Duff, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and License to Wed

I'll try tell my loved ones I love them more often.

Love you girl!

~Joanna
  10. Old Comment
    Well, i guess you have to watch the movie that i would never watch myself (ehh, i actually did because there was no escape with so many others )

"The notebook"

Good for you
  11. Old Comment
    The creating of that closeness is going to come even stronger from your love for each other. You will see to it that she gets plenty of rest and heal back to good health.

Get the movie Birdcage with Robin Williams, it is a great movie with a mixer of comedy, love and joy. There is also the movie called Mannequin.
  12. Old Comment
    I am very relieved it was benign. I hope things heal quickly and smoothly.
  13. Old Comment
    Thank you all for your kind words!

Sammie is doing well. Due to the extent of the surgery, the doctor recommended that she stays in bed rest for the next two weeks before she attempts to go classes again. She's keeping busy though, the professors are sending her the materials she needs to study. I've been showering her with as much love as my exhausted body can give. We've been watching countless movies, playing board games, and cuddling. I can't tell you how great it feels to cuddle with her. It's the highlight of my day, each and every day.

Thanks for all the love,
    Love you all,
    Lia

"Kiss your friends' faces more, destroy the belief that intimacy must be reserved for monogamous relationships, be more loving, embrace platonic intimacy, embrace vulnerability, use emotionality as a radical tactic against a society which teaches you that emotions are a sign of weakness, tell more people you care about them, hold their hands, embrace them in endless hugs, tell others you are proud of them, offer support readily, take care of the people around you. "
    ~Lora Mathis
    Posted 09-17-2016 at 08:04 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
    Updated 09-17-2016 at 08:16 PM by The Slutty Princess
  14. Old Comment
    I missed this blog post due to all the blog spamming that was going on at the time by Cassandra.

I wish Sammie a fast and complete recovery. Tumors at young age are likely to be teratomas, which, although frightening and grow to a large size, are rarely malignant. If there is anything that you would like to have explained (from the medical terms to medication) feel free to drop me a PM.

I wish you the strength you need in these trying times, and also in coping with your recent loss. You are strong and you will get through this.