Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

The Pet Peeve Series #1

Posted 05-19-2013 at 10:14 PM by Komodo Jones

Before I start my first official entry in this series, I would like to clarify what I mean by posting every week. In this case I do not mean a specific seven day period. For example I’m posting this on a Monday (my time zone) I am not necessarily going to post my next entry by next Monday. My week is Sunday to Saturday so if I post on a Monday, next week I may post on a Saturday.

Also I will say I will not single certain people out, it is not in my nature to degrade anyone specifically by name. I may give examples of what I’ve seen but I will not say something like “Komodo Jones is stupid because he did this…” It is not my job to destroy someone’s ego. These pet peeves of mine are things that are so common that they do not apply to one single person. So if you hate someone that you know does one of these pet peeves and want to see them suffer and be bashed by me you are reading this for the wrong reason. I have posted my reasons for writing this in my introduction post.

Now that all the disclaimers are out of the way, I can get on with the reason you’re probably reading this. When I first started brainstorming for this idea, there were just so many areas to target I didn’t know where to start. After a while it hit me very clearly in the face. The first pet peeve I’m going to tackle took something very important away from me, albeit a little indirectly. Indirectly or not they still did; my first pet peeve is…

Pet Peeve #1: Those Who are Blind to the Bold!

GetDare has changed a lot since I first joined in 2009. Every day, there was a new interesting truth which is where I spent most of my time. I dabbled in the s/m forums and read some great stories on the truth or dare stories posts. I even tried some dares that I felt comfortable doing. It was a very well-balanced place in where I felt like I had found a new place to dwell since my previous tord online site fizzled into non-existence.

Now we fast forward to 2013, four years later. It is kind of revolting that whenever I click on the unread posts about 90% of the stuff I haven’t read is in the TORD online section. What also sickens me is that guys who ask for things get no responses and girls get 700. I’m not criticizing against females because the majority of my friends on this site are females. Also this annoyance is for another post. Now is the fact that the TORD Online forum people are so prevalent the pet peeve I’m going to tackle? No, because I myself have posted quite a few times in that forum too, usually to no responses me being a male but I digress…

This is what annoys me. Some guy says I really like answering truths and I want a lot of people to ask me them because it gets me really excited. This person so drunk on hormones decides to post an ad for people to ask him truths and fails to notice one thing. In bold letters at the very top of the forum because they’ve never read this post it says READ--->Do not post Ask Me Anything posts here<---READ! As I’ve said this before this person is so drunk on hormones that they don’t notice this in caps, arrows, bold whatever that you do not post ask me anything threads in the truth section. Their hormones in their brain have officially blocked the synapses of reading comprehension and to notice when something is probably important. If a cat raises the furs on it’s back and hisses at you it means “Don’t touch me!” Yet these people don’t understand that. It’s the same way with the dare section. The dare section is for dares not for asking for dares! Another caps bold letter sticky is at the top. Well wait a minute I just checked the truth or dare sections and those aren’t bold. There is the possibility that I may be wrong but I think it may be that way because at some point in time you clicked on it to see what it said.

It’s obvious if you’ve done that you have enough common sense to know that these type of threads belong in the TORD online section. Yet at least once a month, I see myself clicking on the red yield sign to report the thread because some ignoramus doesn’t follow the rules. And the people who posted these stickies have made every attempt to stop this, yet people still do it all the time, it sickens me. If I go to the truth section, I want to answer a truth not have to waste ten seconds of my time dealing with some hormone drunk, brain-dead person who does not perceive bolded, caps letters, arrow ridden posts as something important!

Now I can’t argue the fact that girls mature faster than guys because the majority of the getdare population consists of guys, but yet the perpetrators who do this mostly are…guys, but girls do it too just not as often. But still to do this that constantly. Every month I report another thread, and every month I lose hope in the future of humanity when we have people like this.

Now why does it seem like I am lashing out pure hatred and malice towards these people? As I said, the fact that someone did not know how to post in the correct thread, indirectly, stole something very important from me. Now while this may not seem like a big deal for some, these people stole my 1,000th post away from me. 1,000 posts, a huge milestone. Sure that doesn’t make me any higher than the “distinguished member” I am labeled with but the milestone of 1,000. As many of you know I have a domme and she wanted me to do something special for my 1,000th post, but I didn’t get to. I had to settle for my 1,001st post to do this. Do you know why? Because every time you report a thread it counts towards your post total. I did not know this. So I had 999 posts and I’m just cruising the forums excited on what my domme is going to have me do for my 1,000th post, and I see some idiot who posted in the wrong section and I just have to report it because I’m trying to make getdare a slightly better place, this person and that red triangle ripped that opportunity away from me. Now you can see “Post #1,001: What I’ve Learned” in the s/m blogs section. Post One…Thousand…and…One. Now a lot of you may be saying I’m overreacting to this and in some respect you’re probably right but that just pisses me off, all because someone did not read the rules and learn where to post.

In case you didn’t get this I’ll say it again Ask Me Anything threads as well as Give me Dares threads belong in the TORD Online section. The majority of the getdare population can understand this; why can’t you?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 663 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Bravo! I congratulate you on an elegant and vicious written post. I would like to read more.
  2. Old Comment
    not gunna lie, i've been thinking about how girls always get more replies because they're girls, i have just been to scared to say something, that annoys me also, how can a girl make a thread, then a male make the same sort of thread, the girl get 40000000000 replies and the guy get didly squat! its ridiculous, just because you post on a female thread doesn't mean they're going to fall in love with you and want to be your slave!
    i too have nothing against females but still...come on!
  3. Old Comment
    Well this should be fun. Let's count how many times I can spot this error that I just ranted about throughout the week. So far I have corrected this four times.
    Updated 05-29-2013 at 07:35 AM by Komodo Jones