Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > peaceful_soul

Rate this Entry

Needing thought revision

Posted 10-07-2011 at 12:13 AM by peaceful_soul
Updated 10-07-2011 at 12:27 AM by peaceful_soul

This has been an interesting week for me. I found out that I have possess an extensive amount of shameful bias for unfortunate individuals... let me explain.

This week I found a guy who said he would do some work on my car for a good price. As my car was in need of maintenance and finding myself in short of cash, I foolishly accepted this office. Driving to his destination, I quickly became aware of the environment that I was driving into. What some people call the low quality neighborhood, the "ghetto". The guy in whom was working on my car seemed to have lived in a beat-up house and the smell of illicit drugs wreaked throughout the neighborhood. I became quickly uncomfortable with the surroundings and thought of this guy I met as a thug and instantly subjected to a level that I had unfairly gave him.

Did I ever get my car fixed? Not at the slightest. He had no idea what he was doing. For now on, I will just take it in to a shop.

After leaving, I found myself in a since of dislike for him or anyone else living in the lower quality environment, which I feel is completely unfair and foolish of me to judge people based on their lack of fortune. Could this behavior be based on my upbringing? Possibly. I have always lived in a middle class household, and my family never really associated with may people in social settings. The answer is still unclear, but I understand the fundamental importance that our country has been living in, and its infamous level of subjection that it proclaims upon its citizens. Knowing that, I am truly ashamed to have found my thoughts closely familiar with my counties reputation.

~Gin.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1075 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments