Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Title unknown

Posted 08-05-2011 at 10:48 PM by Manbearpig

Okay, to be honest, I have no idea what this blog will be about, but that is okay.

Over the last few months, my life has been very busy. I have been working at an office 3 days a week and a side job at other times. My life has been hectic and crazy, and all traces of a social have disappeared. A new girl has emerged into my life, and I got a first date sometime next week (although I have known her for 2 years now but whatever). While at times this summer has been very exciting, it has just flown by. At times, it felt like I was going to go insane. Music has meant so much to me. It has kept me calm and collective. Music is so awesome because, so often, you can personally relate to it. It doesn't even matter what kind of genre it is.

And there are the few songs that you can always relate to, that you can always listen to because they make you happy. Sometimes it is Taylor Swift (not for me, unless of course you watched Loke's video). Sometimes it is some crazy Heavy metal thing (once again, not for me, but whatever). For me, these include songs from Oasis, and some classics like Stairway to Heaven. However, there is one song, or more specifically, one part of a song that will always make me happy. Many of you are probably familiar with the song Layla by Derek and the Dominoes. You might also familiar with the fact it has two portions of the song. Three minutes and ten seconds into the song, the second part of the song begins. It is called the Piano Coda or Piano Exit. It was featured in the movie Goodfellas. For those of you who have never seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw9fsAP9GkQ.

For whatever reason, I find this the greatest song in the history of the world. No words, just music. Music by one of the greatest artists of all time. I am sure we all have a song like that. A song that we can always listen too, and it will bring us to a special place.

Just a small for what it is worth, when I started this blog, this is not where I intended to bring it. But that is life
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 845 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments