Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bebe_Gurl

Rate this Entry

House vs. Home

Posted 06-21-2008 at 11:51 PM by Bebe_Gurl

Even though it has been 4 months sence I have moved, I still have not ajusted to my new area. I think of my new place as a temporary dwelling vs. a home. Beacuse I don't feel home. Although I have met many new friends, everything else is wrong. My new house is weird, it is too hot, school here sucks (glad it is summer!), there is even bad shopping (and as shallow as this may seem, I love to shop and this is important to me.). So really I'm just feeling kind of depressed right now and just want to go home.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1716 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It always takes time to adjust to new situations. I'm sure it really sucks about the shopping, I couldn't live with that either. But in a while you'll probably see that some things might even be better then where you lived before.
  2. Old Comment
    Nothing quite yet... have u ever moved vampire girl?
  3. Old Comment
    It could be worse. You could be like Traveler & me. We are in a different place every couple of weeks. Home is what you make of it. No one place becomes home overnight. Hang in there.
  4. Old Comment
    aww.. {pat pat}

At the risk of being cliche - Home is where your heart is =3

And yes I have moved, quite frequently, too. I immigrated here at the age of 11 from halfway across the globe not knowing a single letter of the English language (okay, that's an exaggeration... I knew the alphabets xD but that's pretty much it). I landed in the Vancouver area, moved again in grade 6, and again (to Toronto) in the summer of grade 7, staying at the elementary school for a year before graduating and moving again to where I am now. So yeah =9

But now I have found a Home, thanks to a Beloved individual =)
  5. Old Comment
    I am pretty sure you will get used to it eventualey and if you dont just think about this:

you dont have an anoying 12 year old boy living across from you.

you dont need to worry about your friends putting things in your lunch anymore.

and that you dont need to keep lying to people that you ate more then even though you didnt.

btw its cold in washington even though its summer!!
  6. Old Comment
    I like the cold! And thanks for the supourt people...I still miss my friends and hometown though