View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
Technically, you're still pointing fingers because you are refering to one person in particular. You just aren't saying the name which partically protects against people who aren't very familar with the site. For those of us that are, it isn't a hard guess.

It is directed at a few people to be honest, in both aspects of U18s and U18 chasers. So yes those who have been here can assume who I am talking about, proving that I am not the only one that has seen it. If you have guesses then okay, but I not saying names because I have no authority to. This also can be broadened to members who have been here for awhile that are 18+ and are starting relations with those U18.

Quote:
Problem number two, they aren't being corrupted soley by the site. At this point, if they are looking for s/m related things, they were corrupted pre-site. The only way that is different is if they found this place for tord and fiddled around with s/m. To be honest, I would rather they fool around on here then on some other s/m sites. Places like collarme are INSANE. The creepy messages girls get on here are not one tenth as horrible or in the same amount recievd as there. Amazingly, I view s/m as much safer and more beginer orientated on here than there.
I agree, they should be able to get educated, not actually participate but be able to get information here and learn so they don't run off to another site and end up getting raped.

Quote:
So, while underage s/m will never go away, I think that taking away the option to hide your age on your profile will really cut down on mistaken come-ons. That also takes away ANY excuse that someone might have for asking for underage s/m. That makes it much easier to have no pity for under 18 chasers, and can punish harder for it. Also makes it easier to identify and report rule breaking of all sorts.

It isn't a very complex thing to change, I don't think and there is just too much reason why not to change it at this point.
I agree completely with this, but people will still lie signing up, a little harder approach if they choose to hide age then still have U18 on their profile if they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstockton25 View Post
I personally don't like the fact that under 18's can still view the s/m section even though they can't post. If the reason they can't post is because it's illegal and improper for anyone under 18 to engage in that material, why are they allowed to look at it? If you ask me, that's just begging for them to find a way around the rules. You don't want anything worse than when you can't have it.
This is and extension of a point I was making, if you are going to do it do all or nothing. Yes this is the middle ground, but seeing makes you want it more.

Quote:
I think the only way to truly rid this site of underage s/m is to move that whole section to Kink Talk. That's a much more appropriate outlet for that topic, and while underagers can still lie and register there, at least the people that are over 18 and genuinely want to find a dom/sub who is also over 18 have a better chance of getting it there.
This has been brought up several times and it always seems to fall down to people already have ads here, are already signed up here, etc. Plus at the point if those people leave what does getDare really have left? Those 18+ that are here for TorD. A little difficult to just say oh you can register at 13 again, most of them have left and boycotted.

Quote:
There's no way I can see to completely prevent the overage/underage problem on any site. As long as there are rules, there are going to be people who want to break them. The bottom line is you can be anyone you want to on the Internet, so just take caution. Ultimate responsibility lies on the shoulders of the individuals, not the website.
This is completely true, aside from the responsibility, it is still by law getDare's responsibility because it is in their "house," if they do not take appropriate steps to "protect" minors they are still at fault. It is a simple as no if ands of butts, if someone U18 does something involving s/M 7 day ban, if they do it again, permaban. This is being said with the current rules of course. This also goes for those 18+ doing things with those U18, if the U18 asks for it and the 18+ goes with it both should be banned. Now if the U18 has their age hidden the 18+ should be warned maybe some form of temp ban, as well as the U18 being banned. Personally with as big of a problem as it is maybe instant perma-bans are needed.

On a side note, there should be some form of way for users to plead their case if they are banned, lets say a 18+ get banned for doing things with those under 18, but the user had their age blocked, is there currently a way to point this out to mods without having to make a new account?

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.

Last edited by lilysmaster; 07-19-2011 at 11:30 PM.
lilysmaster is offline   Reply With Quote