Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 05-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #121
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

either to read peoples mind when I choose too or walk/see through walls

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #122
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalk View Post
Yes and no.

If you have seen firsthand how angry people can be, when their friends and loved ones commit suicide you`d probably understand. That anger and frustration can last for a very long time.

I had a friend who committed suicide mere weeks before he was to become a dad for the first time. Imagine a kid growing up with that. Now his ass I`d definitely kick.

A mother to one of my nieces best friends drove her kids to school one day and then in the school parking lot doused her car in gasoline, got in it and lit a match. Blew the car sky high, with her kids, the oldest barely a teen, just inside the school.

Some of these "suiciders" deserve to have their asses kicked.

But you are right in that it is a selfish remark, because I`d only be getting revenge for myself, but in comic books and movies like Spiderman and Batman revenge is part of their persona.
Even though super powers only exist in that setting it is a dreamy "what if" to be played with by some of us who understand that particular brand of vigilantism.
It's indicative of your selfish mentality to automatically assume that I have not only been the "loving family member," but also, been a person who has contemplated and attempted suicide. Well, that, and the fact that I've seen what you think of a few sensitive issues. Very one-sided mentality. Do not assume what I don't understand.

The selfish one is the person who could not for a second consider what goes through a person's head to make them believe that life is so unbearable that it is literally worse than death.

Anger, haha. When my brother died, I counseled every member of my family. Me, his sister, of all people. He died the same night I graduated from High School. I didn't attend the graduation or the after party. In fact, no one even knew that I got my diploma at all. No, I spent that night talking to my parents, telling them how everything was going to be okay. I spent every day after that being the "man of the house" after my father moved out. Taking care of my mother and sister. Keeping them safe from the comments of the neighbors who made no reservations about discussing the way my brother put a gun to his own temple and pulled the trigger. Turning away well-dressed visitors who wanted to take an hour of our time every day to tell us how he was in a better place (funny, I thought suicide bought you a one-way ticket to hell) and invite us to their church. Shutting the door to local news reporters, even, who braved the ghetto streets to come and take pity on us for knowing someone who was another "victim of his environment." Not a one of them cared about how I felt, just like not a one of them cared about how he felt. Ironically, if anyone had the right to be angry, it was me.

But I'm not. That time spent counseling my family, including all my half-brothers and cousins and my brothers' friends, I learned one thing that the friends and family of suicide cases have in common: Guilt.

That's where your anger comes from. That's why it lasts. You can lie all you want, but the bitter ones are the people who can't squash that feeling that somehow, it was them. "If only I'd done something different," or "If only I'd noticed the signs." "I thought I was special to him." "Why would he want to leave me?" Me, me, me, me, me. Try listening to that every day for three months after your brother dies. It got so bad that my mother, sister and I hid from the world for a week at some random hotel out by the airport.

And the funny thing about guilt is that it doesn't really heal until the person you're feeling guilty about forgives you. But that won't happen because he's dead.

(On the bright side, that's why we have God. Because if the priest can put in a good word and get him to forgive you, then everything's hunky dory.)

Funny thing is, what you should be feeling guilty about is not even considering the deceased's feelings. No, instead all you can think about is yourself and your feelings. You want to drag them back into a world of suffering. Suffer for you, rather than you suffer for them. Your comfort over theirs. It's selfish. It's horribly, disgustingly selfish.

I've lived it, but I'm not angry. I don't feel guilt. I feel sympathy. I wonder what was going through his head at that time - how scary it must have been. How much more terrifying life must have been to make him do something that I never even had the courage to do.

And your bright plan is to kick people like that while they're down. Well, I suppose even villains must have super powers to make a good comic.

I always say it's not the dead that's the problem. It's the living. I'm angry with the living. I get angry at people like you who make selfish remarks like that which lead me to put aside my better judgment and take time out for a complete stranger - time which you don't even deserve - to share an experience in the blind hope that you'll, you know, get it.

But that's just silly! So I'll end here. Feel free to get the last word in edgewise, though.

Spuds

Oh, and I changed my mind. I want a super power that allows me to turn anything into an oatmeal cookie. I really want some, the soft kind with the vanilla glaze on top. I guess for that matter I'd be on board with Spacegal's super power, since that would automatically allow me to make cookies out of anything. (...Right?)

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"

Last edited by iSpuds; 05-15-2014 at 01:03 PM.
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #123
spacegal24
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpuds View Post
I guess for that matter I'd be on board with Spacegal's super power, since that would automatically allow me to make cookies out of anything. (...Right?)
You're GODDAMN right you'd be able to make cookies out of anything, and nothing too! Literally out of thin air!
spacegal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #124
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegal24 View Post
You're GODDAMN right you'd be able to make cookies out of anything, and nothing too! Literally out of thin air!
Oh my fucking yes.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #125
FrozenRose
Account Banned

The power to give other people super powers when they 'need' it. For example, if a boy were to fall out of a tree, I could give him invincibility for a short amount of time.
FrozenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #126
Queen_kassy

Heart Cupid

The power of Cupid.

So when you can't find love,an arrow make seek therefore love would appear through thin air.

"Owned by Mordeth"
F|Lesbian|73
My Limits
PM DARES
I'm not looking for a slave.
I'm not looking for a master.
if you havent chatted with me,
please do not add me.

My rules
Queen_kassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #127
Cpt.Stubing
Account Banned

Eye

Wings for flying then wouldn't have to pay for gas

WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT DO!:
pain, blood, public, crossdreessing,cumming into mouth, scat, urine, eating cum,

Likes: anal,masturbation, light bondage, homemade, homemade sex toys, diapers.

PM me "Finger" and I will finger my anus with vegetable oil as lube.
PM me "CUMCUMDUMDUM" and I will cum 23 times.

Spoiler:
I want to Fuck an Animal
Cpt.Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #128
drwarschauu
getDare Devil

I would choose something stealthy that would fuck with people's minds. Shape shifting would be the perfect one. I woul love to change my look and cause all kinds of mischief. My second choice would be invisibility. And I could really go for telepathy as well. Basically, I want something that doesn't attract attention, but that allows me to play all kinds of pranks and tricks.

PM dares
drwarschauu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #129
nalk

Default Sorry.

You`re right. I assumed wrong. (Wishful thinking on my part that you hadn`t experienced it. Nobody should have to.)

I do know where that anger comes from and what feeds it. Impotence, if I have to put it in one word.

As for being so lost that death seems the only way out, I have been on my way there for a short period. I didn`t jump though. My psychiatrist did his job well and I wasn`t completely gone.

"The power to heal any illness..". This is the other side of my coin. Not all suiciders need an asskicking and practically all of them need that side of the coin too. Illness is not just physical.

Given your reaction though, i`d have to say that given the choice of super powers, having the 2 I mentioned, maybe wouldn`t be so dumb after all? It would bring closure to some sensitive subjects.

Anyway, this is maybe not the place to be too morbid.

And again, I am sorry for seeming overbearing.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #130
PreciousKitty

would love to be able to shapeshift into anything or just morph specific parts of me, ex: have a tail, blue eyes instead ow brown, skinny or fat, resize boobs ect lol

(essentially something similar to jake from adventure time but a little more advanced)

LIKES, LIMITS, TOYS, ETC. HERE ----->http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70667

Do NOT ask me to be your mistress

PM me dares any time ;D

PM me "WEDGIE" with a dare and I must complete it or accept any punishment

Pm me "MAKE A MESS" and a food and I must pour/dump that into my panties
PreciousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #131
BadWolf1

Cool

I think about it all of the time - what if I had three wishes...

So my superpower will be to be super natural genius. It has a very good explanation: I could resemble superpowers through technology, improving my physical abilities by training my brain, and controling people by telling them the exact things that will affect them as I want. In addition, I will be rational and won't be affected by this stupid phenomenon "peer pressure"
BadWolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #132
danishboy4545

I would choose to copy the best villain ever deadpool, have his healing power, and just be as big of an idiot as him
danishboy4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #133
TheBitchofBitches

Superpower would have to be the same one Kylie, from 'Gods at 18 : Kylie's story' by P F Dee, has
TheBitchofBitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #134
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Invisibility, please.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk