Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Default Your getDare Account & You: Album Edition

One of the most popular editions in the last big update of the site was the Album section, where you can post pictures of yourself or pictures you made.

But think about this: it is the year 2035 and getDare is still around (let's just pretend, by that point, the internet might be obsolete). You are running for president (or Prime Minister or something along those lines). You have not logged on to getDare since 2011. You haven't even thought about it since then. But a long time ago when you were active on the site you posted your email address (see your getDare account and you: email address edition) and some racy pictures of yourself (girls, you in your underwear and guys, you crossdressed or something else similar). Well some member of the media gets your old email address (it has happened) and they search it on the internet. All of a sudden getDare pops up as do the pictures. Uh-oh. You lose the election and become the laughing stock of the world.

Now, something like that is far-fetched (one of our members being smart enough to run for public office...haha just kidding everyone). But it does pose a threat. If you post your email address on this site (or any similar to this) and use the same one on a job application, most likely the employer will google it. These pictures come up, it doesn't matter how qualified you are, you will not get the job.

So where am I getting at. Besides for using email addresses (see my last edition by clicking the tag) that no one will find out about, think twice about posting pictures you don't want others to see. Now I am not saying don't post pictures of yourself, but be safe about it. Edit out your face if you are doing a dare, make the album private, and simple stuff like that.

Until next time friends,
MBP

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Manbearpig for this post:
Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
Cuffed
getDare Sweetheart

I totally agree with this MBP.
For this reason I use a different email for my getdare account + so do many others. I think its fine if members wish to give their personal email out via pm and such, but at least have your email account for getdare different to your public which you may use as MBP stated in applying for jobs. I think we all need a shock into reality, just remember anyone you know could be using this site. Your parents, your best friend, your ex, your teacher! I'm pretty sure the majority of this site wouldn't print a picture of themseleves in their underwear and hand it to their teacher. I know this is probably me ranting on also, but geez I'm just agreeing with this thread, be careful what you post online because once it's on the internet you can delete it but anyone could have saved it and posted it elsewhere and so on.

No thoughts, only ✨ Depp ✨
Cuffed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getdare account