Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
jaxman

Send a message via Yahoo to jaxman
Default Subspace

I haven't seen this discussed here. Maybe because it's less common with online relationships, but I've experienced it in both reall life and online (only recently in online play).

While participating in intense play a sub can reach a state of mind called subspace. Sort of of a mental seperation from themselves as a way of dealing with the intensity of the experience. Depending on the level of intensity a sub can become incoherent and removed. At this point a sub may feel little or no pain - this can be dangerous if the Dom doesn't realize that the sub is in a such a state. Since in subspace the sub is very open and may feel that they can take anything and that no request is beyond their limits.

i'm interested to hear if anyone else has had this experience in online play or in real life. i came accross this information in an effort to reconcile some recent experiences i've had where i went past what i would have considered hard limits. i think i now have a better understanding of what the purpose of limits are and why it may not be a good idea to push them during play unless the Dom really knows what they're doing.

mike
jaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Yes people can get more and more in a form of "ecstasy" while doing intense stuff. But i always have seen this as an fluid thing and not as a special state of the mind.
And yes as Dom you have to watch out not do go to far as the self assessment of the Sub can be wrong.
I have seen this in real life and a lighter form also online.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Pikachu
Distinguished Member

This always happens to me....whenever i am being submissive thank lord my Mistress knows my limits...but even then she chooses to stretch them when i am in this state occasionly...i believe this is when the trust comes into a slave master relationship
Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
jaxman

Send a message via Yahoo to jaxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyou View Post
This always happens to me....whenever i am being submissive thank lord my Mistress knows my limits...but even then she chooses to stretch them when i am in this state occasionly...i believe this is when the trust comes into a slave master relationship
i've read that over time a sub finds it easier and easier to enter subspace. Although for many subs it takes a combination of the right Master and stimulous to get there the first time. Once reached it's supposed to become easier to achieve to the point of being on command.
jaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
Bandit|Queen
getDare Sweetheart

Default :D

Ahhhhh the wonders of subspace! I get to this state through both cam play and in person play with my Master, normally through pain.

I get an intense fuzzy feeling very much like after I cum and find that when I enter subspace I very rarely feel a need or want to cum, don’t know if anyone else gets like that. My Master has frequently joked he could do anything to me when I’m like it and I wouldn’t even notice and he’s probably right lol. Although I do still feel the pain it just doesn’t register like it normally does.

Also sometimes the pain gets so intense that I just start to giggle I don't know if this is subspace as well and just another form of it but I just can't controll the giggling It may break the mood a bit but the giggling is contagous hehe.

I really wish I could bottle the feeling cos I'd make a fortune!
Bandit|Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
mafiaka
Distinguished Member

A girl I was playing with online got into subspace once... it was indeed a very intense experience (her girlfriend was inflicting the torture on her which I ordered) for everyone involved, but especially for the girl. Of course.

It is indeed true that under such conditions, the master needs to remain careful, to avoid stretching the limits of the slave too far. I think that master and slave should afterwards have an open discussion about what happened, and what should happen in the future should the slave slip into subspace again... better to keep a cool head (the master's responsability, at all times, in my opinion) and look back at the experience later, than act too rashly on it.

In my case, the girl was actually very happy with this way of handling the entire situation...
mafiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #7
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

It's is true caution has to be exercised, because a sub in subspace has few and often no limits.

It does get easier for a sub to reach subspace once s/he's been there once, and s/he'll find herself getting into that place from more varied encounters. It is a changed, even expanded state of consciousness, and like remote viewing, astral travelling, meditation and other changestate activators once it's been recognised it can be anchored internally.

Some get there predominantly through pain. Whether it's to do with the release of endorphines or not the jury's out, but it is th same mechanism that was recognised by the Christian flagellants and fakirs in their quest for spiritual euphoria.

Others get there through more contemplative states, and I tend to use a combination of NLP and accupressure points to help my subs reach that place.

Mike

Advertisements
Kink Talk