Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 08-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Foxter

Default Team Viewer Question

So, I have never used it.
But I have seen tons of talk about it, and a lot of people using it. I'm assuming, you get to control someones computer from theirs.

My question is, is it safe?

I'm reading tons of blackmail stuff, and ways to make it so the programme comes up if the computer turns on. Making it impossible to get out of. And also, what's to stop them from just going to a website and buying a lot of things?

Is there a way to kinda fall back and take control of your computer again?

Thanks.

Likes: Anal, spanking, wax, pegs, dirty tasks, pet play, chastity, scat, piss, humiliation, degrading, sissy, hidden public, blackmail, 24/7, forced.

Limits: heavy pain / cbt.
Foxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
Norguy

Is it safe, no not really. You're handing over controll of your computer to someone else.

I would suggest to not have any websites on auto login if you are try this.

And for regaining control of your computer, you could always just turn it off or take it offline and then uninstall teamviewer.

Just be careful and remove or lock down anything on your computer you don't want to be spread out on the internet.

My toys!

Likes, Dislikes and Limits
Norguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxter View Post
So, I have never used it.
But I have seen tons of talk about it, and a lot of people using it. I'm assuming, you get to control someones computer from theirs.
That's right! People can take control over your computer or you can take control over someone else's computer.

My question is, is it safe?
Make sure not to publically post your TeamViewer details:
never. Some people do this anyway on getDare because they like the feeling of having no control, but they probably don't have much to lose anyway. If you have sensitive information that can be quickly found on your computer,
then only go in session with those you can trust.

I'm reading tons of blackmail stuff, and ways to make it so the programme comes up if the computer turns on. Making it impossible to get out of. And also, what's to stop them from just going to a website and buying a lot of things?
If they already installed stuff on your computer that restricts you control and give them further power, then they can probably do anything they want when your computer is turned on. So don't have your password saved anywhere on your computer unless it's in an encrypted vault. Also,
delete all your cookies and browsing history just in case and make definitely make sure you don't automatically log in on websites if deleting your cookies don't already fix this.

Is there a way to kinda fall back and take control of your computer again?
If things turn south anyway, your last way to safe haven is to simply turn off your computer. No power = no connection.

Thanks.
Final note...

When you get suspicious: disconnect the user or turn off your computer immediately. TeamViewer itself is safe to use but when connecting to vague people, you can damage yourself very badly with the possibility of loss of money, blackmail, extortion, social suicide or worse.

But what are you looking for? Are you looking for people to snoop around on your computer because it turns you on or are you just interested in the features TeamViewer as to offer you? It would be rather shady of me to offer you an experience of having your computer controlled with TeamViewer, but I do offer you this exactly. It's up to you whether to trust me or not: your task of today.

I can show you basic settings and what people probably would do when they connect to your computer.

I suggest you take a look at the settings of TeamViewer to see what's possible and what not. Furthermore, you can always set your password for people to connect with you (after getting your connection-ID) to strong if that makes you feel saver.

Addition:
There always is a way to reset your computer regardless of how much someone else fucked up your computer. But obviously, when you're blackmailed, the blackmailer probably wouldn't allow you to use this option anyway. If you are techie then you probably already know the solution. If not, you can PM me.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 08-01-2017 at 05:36 PM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
Foxter

Thanks for the answers it was very helpful!

I do like the risk / fear idea. But just wasn't really sure how safe it was it terms of, if it was hand over your info and you're completely ruined from then. Or if there was a safe way out.

Il definitely think about it and possibly test it.

Likes: Anal, spanking, wax, pegs, dirty tasks, pet play, chastity, scat, piss, humiliation, degrading, sissy, hidden public, blackmail, 24/7, forced.

Limits: heavy pain / cbt.
Foxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
icyfoxy

If you are going to give control of your computer to someone you don't fully trust, i would suggest to install a TeamViewer inside some kind of virtual machine. For example, VirtualBox is free and easy to install VM for Windows/Linux/Mac.
This is, basically, the bullet-proof solution.

Please, feel free to PM me for any details. I'd love to help.

Likes & limits

Please, feel free to kik me - omgitalive

Sorry for my english, its not my first language
icyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:56 AM   #6
Mikieswe
getDare Sweetheart

If I do as you say, and dont use my real PC, it loses its nerve.
But I think most people already have done that here and use a safe system?

Kik me for teamviewer password

Kik Mikieswe
Mikieswe is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk