Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #226
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
I think it went well. After all he did go through some of the time war and then travel to the end of time. If i am honest that would have made me go a bit mad so i think it suits and goes.
True, but I just think it all went a bit OTT. Sped-up eating, flying with laser bolts, turning into a shitty CGI skeleton? Ugh. I hope we go back to an "evil gentleman" type character that he started out as when Simm regenerates in the next story.

Oh, and the four beats was naff imo.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #227
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Not much has been said about the Doctors race. The Timelords. And i just watched the Christmas/New year specials so i'd like to know what people think of The Master.

dum-dum-dum-dum
"The War Games"
"The Deadly Assassin"
"The Invasion of Time"
"Arc of Infinity"
"The Five Doctors"
"The Trial of a Time Lord"

^ Those are mainly Time Lord/Gallifrey stories, if you're interested in classic Who at all.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #228
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

I thought it was brilliant. The drumming must have had some relevance it must be a key to the big finale... no it was a let down. RTD tried to out do himself every-time and in the end it got obscene. Like jumping out of a spaceship. The master with lightening and a good jump. It took the micky. Plus it lost it's comedy not long after the series' stopped and the specials began.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #229
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
I thought it was brilliant. The drumming must have had some relevance it must be a key to the big finale... no it was a let down. RTD tried to out do himself every-time and in the end it got obscene. Like jumping out of a spaceship. The master with lightening and a good jump. It took the micky. Plus it lost it's comedy not long after the series' stopped and the specials began.
He retcons all previous Masters to now have some weird heartbeat drumming in his head. Yet this clearly wasn't the case so it's a poorly done retcon. Unless he had the drums planted in his head from when he was a child after regenerating from a child again on the Silver Devastation. (Possibly the most fannish sentence I've said to date.)

The jump out of a spaceship wasn't too bad but we have to assume Time Lords grow stronger every time they regenerate, otherwise Four's regeneration becomes a little naff.

Lightning bolts and shit CGI = Ugh. Never again. That was RTD just pissing all over his show and instead of being clever, he opted for the "BUNG EVERYTHING IN AND MORE" finale.

A really poor end for the Tenth Doctor.

Should've left after "Journey's End" in hindsight, methinks.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #230
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

I didn't mind the Skeleton shinning through sort of made it a bit scarier in a finale full of 'tension' and 'thrills'. However i must disapprove of How easily everything became possible to him. Click of fingers was okay and i liked it but when he put the TARDIS out of scenic with time i just thought that doesn't go.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #231
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
I didn't mind the Skeleton shinning through sort of made it a bit scarier in a finale full of 'tension' and 'thrills'. However i must disapprove of How easily everything became possible to him. Click of fingers was okay and i liked it but when he put the TARDIS out of scenic with time i just thought that doesn't go.
I'm the complete opposite. CGI CBBC-Master makes no sense. Why did it happen? If it was down to the magical potions that brought him back (which were shit themselves anyway), it should've been explained.

Then the "one minute out of sync"... refer back to "Journey's End" when the Medusa Cascade was one minute out of sync. In the Doctor's arrogant mood between "The Waters of Mars" and "The End of Time", it makes sense for him to go on a mad TARDIS updating spree. Plus, well, it is a time machine from a planet of God-like observers and preservers of time and space.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #232
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

the magic potions were really bad and served no purpose as i imagined he'd have just poured himself into the ring like with the fob-watches. I think the idea of th potions was something like what ten did with the cuppa tea and the eleventh with fish custard.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #233
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
the magic potions were really bad and served no purpose as i imagined he'd have just poured himself into the ring like with the fob-watches. I think the idea of th potions was something like what ten did with the cuppa tea and the eleventh with fish custard.
The fish custard/cup of tea made sense though. Eleven was finding out his tastes whereas Ten just needed something strong to perk him up.

The Master needing "The Secret Books & Potions of Saxon" was just cringe-worthy nonsensical Harry Potter rubbish.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #234
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

But the potions had stood the test of time and so might make him strong again. I admit it is garbage i'm just trying to protect the man who orginally made me love the show.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #235
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
But the potions had stood the test of time and so might make him strong again. I admit it is garbage i'm just trying to protect the man who orginally made me love the show.
Fair enough.

RTD is great, no doubt about that. But he writes himself into corners and can't pull off epic finales very well.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #236
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

He did at first but like you said he writes into corners and can't escape without it been a bit crap.
On a new note you think that the glass dildo in the TARDIS was bad. The new Daleks Ray Gun is worse. It's massive no bowl is that deep so i doubt its used unlike the old ones as a whisk.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #237
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
He did at first but like you said he writes into corners and can't escape without it been a bit crap.
On a new note you think that the glass dildo in the TARDIS was bad. The new Daleks Ray Gun is worse. It's massive no bowl is that deep so i doubt its used unlike the old ones as a whisk.
The gun is the least of my worries.

Plastic domes, fat waists, arched back like old dodderers, see-through necks... ugh!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #238
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

I quite like the New Look Daleks if i am honest. I like the new voice and the new colours. It is odd though having them fatter though been taller isn't an issue with me.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #239
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
I quite like the New Look Daleks if i am honest. I like the new voice and the new colours. It is odd though having them fatter though been taller isn't an issue with me.
From the front, they look superb.
From the side and back though, ugh.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #240
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

They are like tanks. It's probably why there so slow.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood