Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
foxknot69
getDare Devil

Default Mental Problems

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, but I was wondering what all of your views are on people with mental problems. For example, I deal heavily with major depression, and I'm always afraid that that, or some other problem I have, will come up and be the sole reason someone might not want to talk to me, let alone give me any kind of chance in a BDSM setting.

Remaining PM Tasks
Edges Before Orgasm: 0
Wedgie Time: 0 minutes
Ball Slaps: 0
Spanks: 0
Days of Denial: 0

foxknot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

I can understand that it may be hard to be in a BDSM relationship with someone that suffers from a mental illness. Coming from someone, like myself, who suffers from many mental illnesses, you have to be comfortable and open with your partner about anything that my trigger you during play and draw boundaries on what is and isn't acceptable.

There are people who aren't going to accept the fact that you do suffer from depression and may have no interest in speaking with you and that's okay. Some people can't accept that fact. But there are also people who are going to accept the fact and want to help you through your problems in more ways than one. You just have to keep searching.

i hope that helps, even a bit?

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to hornyyoungslut for this post:
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
Grand.Master691

I had several subs that suffered moderate to severe depression, even some other signs of metal disorders and some of them took illegal psychoactive substances (drugs) that only made things worse. And it's true, some people don't want anything to do with subs that have such problems (I have even seen that specifically pointed out in ad).

That's why I spend an enormous time in communication with my sub, making sure my sub regularilly takes medications (if any prescribed), we talk about feelings, life in general, what makes my sub feel sad or depressed and I try make them realize how good a sub they are and most importantly,how good person they are in real life. I admit, it can be really difficult sometimes, especially when "other person" takes over, but if you care for your sub, you would go to great lengths to help your sub feel safe,secure, loved and accepted.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
TongueFooMaster

Send a message via Yahoo to TongueFooMaster

Well Said GrandMaster ^ I've Been On Both Sides of that Fence Suffering From Depression
& Also Dealing With It In
Friends & Relationships
I Have Also Found a Little
Communication Go's a Long
Way Talk To Your Partner / Sub
Trust Is Built & Earned...
TongueFooMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:44 AM   #5
syst0lic

I get the feeling, based on my limited time on here, that there is more understanding on this forum than many places online.

People are genuinely interested in the other person and not just what's in it for them, as is often the case elsewhere. We take the time to understand each other wants, needs, and limits, to build better relationships. Whatever you choose to share on here is up to you, but I think the more you share the more rewarding an experience you'll have.

There are bound to be some for whom working with someone with mental problems is an issue, but that's fine because there are many more who would want to spend time with you and understand you, so there's really no reasons to fret over the former.

Be open and enjoy your time here, however you choose to spend it.

Last edited by syst0lic; 05-12-2017 at 12:49 AM.
syst0lic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:47 AM   #6
deen

Everybody has something: nobody has nothing. A person might have a mental disorder when the next person may only have a few traits of OCD or something else. I don't really care about this as long as we can have a simple conversation (complex ones preferred) and we don't constantly talk about such problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxknot69 View Post
I'm always afraid that a problem will come up and be the sole reason someone might not want to talk to me.
I can't see any reason why someone doesn't want to talk to someone else who has some problems. But I can understand that when you say you suffer from major depression that it might not be the best opening of the conversation. So don't bring up problems out of the blue, only when the conversation leads to such things.

So not like this:
Jack: Did you do anything fun today?
Joshua: ‹@Jack› Nah, I suffer from major depression so I didn't feel like doing anything today.
deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #7
Grand.Master691

Quote:
Everybody has something: nobody has nothing.
People who possess any kind of mental health problem feel a great burden expressing themselves,feeling alienated, and just like you said, everyone has got something. Some keep quiet about it out of fear they will be left and never given a chance for a decent conversation, let alone quality relationship. It's not an easy matter and shouldn't be taken for granted. As long as people would put some effort in listening to each other , even such problems could be overcome through communication, compassion and understanding.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #8
foxknot69
getDare Devil

Wow. I'm...overwhelmed by the amount of positive responses I've seen here.

Remaining PM Tasks
Edges Before Orgasm: 0
Wedgie Time: 0 minutes
Ball Slaps: 0
Spanks: 0
Days of Denial: 0

foxknot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
Ravenwood
Distinguished Member

I know that I have some mental problems but my daddy and I always work things out and he takes really good care of me. He always makes sure I remember to take care of myself because sometimes I forget to do things like eat and take my medicine or shower.

M/23/Gay/USA

Likes: cbt,petplay, edging, humiliation, cum (eating), ball tying
Limits: permanent damage, poop, social suicide, schedule disruptions

Pm dares

Proud puppy

Ravenwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk