Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #61
Blank
Account Banned

Who cares To be honest, Depp know's what he is doing so lets have faith in him and the mods Instead of moaning and saying they are not doing enough.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #62
smokeyeager

Location: 1 mile from the beach on the eastern seaboard of North America
Send a message via AIM to smokeyeager Send a message via MSN to smokeyeager Send a message via Yahoo to smokeyeager

I read and searched but couldn't find the suggestion I'm about to make so: I think it would be a good idea for EVERYBODIES age to show up on the left with their other shared info. I always try to check the profile for age but it isn't always there and I would hate to say anything out of line to someone underage.
With the other recent changes it would make it a lot easier to avoid problems and users wouldn't be able to say "Well I didn't know he/she was under 18". It might also be a good idea to include the age after the username in chat for the same reason. It's just a thought and I'm not sure how it would work out but I'm all for anything that keeps kids safe and this site up because it is a rather fun and entertaining forum.

Loves: anal, watersports, cbt, pain, humiliation, piercing.
Limits: kids, family, poo, diapers (or anything baby related), blood, permanent marks.

Ask me anything.

P90X is brutal but I'm loving it.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #63
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeager View Post
I read and searched but couldn't find the suggestion I'm about to make so: I think it would be a good idea for EVERYBODIES age to show up on the left with their other shared info. I always try to check the profile for age but it isn't always there and I would hate to say anything out of line to someone underage.
With the other recent changes it would make it a lot easier to avoid problems and users wouldn't be able to say "Well I didn't know he/she was under 18". It might also be a good idea to include the age after the username in chat for the same reason. It's just a thought and I'm not sure how it would work out but I'm all for anything that keeps kids safe and this site up because it is a rather fun and entertaining forum.
This idea has been brought up a bunch of times actually and tagging this idea onto a really old thread seems odd. You know you can make your own right?

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
Old 05-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #64
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
This idea has been brought up a bunch of times actually and tagging this idea onto a really old thread seems odd. You know you can make your own right?
I guess it's all sorta relevant anyway, but meh.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #65
smokeyeager

Location: 1 mile from the beach on the eastern seaboard of North America
Send a message via AIM to smokeyeager Send a message via MSN to smokeyeager Send a message via Yahoo to smokeyeager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
Yeah I know but I thought it was a pretty relevant thread with the recent changes and might help to kick off a little bit more discussion on the issue. The title of this thread is "Protecting Kids".

Loves: anal, watersports, cbt, pain, humiliation, piercing.
Limits: kids, family, poo, diapers (or anything baby related), blood, permanent marks.

Ask me anything.

P90X is brutal but I'm loving it.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #66
sweet dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJunkie93 View Post
who would let a 10 year old out by them selves anyway?
I agree there must be something done to protect children at all costs.
I would like to see some restrictions on this daring people under 16 and maybe make the posts PG-13 with some type of verification required to prove they are over 16.
Here is New Jersey you must be 16 to consent therefore maybe Getdare should think of it also.
I enjoy this site and all I do not want to see it shut down for something careless so we all need to be conscience and let the mods know who is under 16.

Dice 7 said: "Sure you can say, 'O they don't have to do these things' but the thing with kids is they are easily influenced and might just do these things, and in doing so putting themselves in serious danger.
I don't know weather the solution is banning dares for under 16's involving other people or if its to ban people under a certain age to join, but I think something should be done."
Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #67
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

could this thread from the 2008 be closed? i meen why are people beating this dead horse... it has been a issue for well 3 years or more... its been delt with...

i stand that while what has happened should have more control and more rules applied... the issue is delt with and done.... and all the belly aching will not change this...

should the mods have more control over the content of minors?... yes but no mod is going to read every every post from everyone...

should the adults moderate themselves and not give 14 year olds "stick object A into your vagina and edge 20 times"? yes, but have they? no

and YES tweens and teens have been fibbing about their age since the first FAKE ID to get beer... let alone masking their age online.
Closed Thread