Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 AM   #22
courtezan

Location: Slow dancing somewhere just to the left of the rest of the world.

I like this.

So I hate to take this fine thread and spoil it by picking apart the post made by another, however, whilst I love words and my language (standard UK English), grammar nazi's are a pet hate of mine.
I believe there is a huge difference between correcting a mistake to help the person who made it and correcting a mistake to make yourself feel good, and the intention behind the post is always obvious by the way the post is worded.
Very few people use the correct grammar all the time, even when it is required for your profession it is nice to slip into a more gentle way of talking and typing in your free time.
I see the logic in the grammar of your post Loke, however I do not understand what is to be gained by it. As I read it Bangin's post was legible, intelligent and made perfect sense, therefore your post served no logical purpose. It did however, make you seem pompous, not the result you were hoping for I'm sure.

Now, happily returning to the original post.
I agree with the message in the original thread for two reasons:
1. Whilst I understand the need to keep text messages short to obviate the cost, I hate text speak for anything other than text messages.
2. I believe that using spell check on a regular basis will actually improve your personal spelling ability over time.

There are many words, and they're not always long ones, that give me difficulties, so I cheat. I use Google.
I simply type the word as I spell it into Google and it very helpfully says "Did you mean *****?" and gives me the correct spelling. lol

For some reason irresistible is one word I almost always have to double check. The 'ible' ending does not seem correct, I always want to spell it 'able'.

Advertisements
Kink Talk