Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
alli55

Default [Fiction] The sleepover that changed my life

The sleepover that changed my life

Author’s note

This is my first attempt at a story.

I have been lurking anonymously for quite a long time, and have enjoyed reading some of the TorD stories. That inspired me to have a go myself.

The story I have written is a ‘slow-burner’, and will probably be too slow for some people. But I saw some advice on here that said you should write a story that you’d like to read, and I like stories where you have a chance to get to know the characters and empathise with them. Hopefully my story will allow you to do that.

One thing I find really frustrating on this site is the number of stories that start really well, get me hooked, and then just stop. I was determined that mine wouldn’t do that. So, I forced myself to write the whole story, from beginning to end, before I allowed myself to post anything. I’m really glad I did, because it meant I could go back and change little bits and pieces that made no sense in the light of how the story developed later.

Since I have already written the story, I could just post all the chapters one after the other. But the way I have written it, I don’t want to do that. Instead, the first chapter will appear in the post immediately following this one, and then I will post a new chapter every two or three days. Hopefully that will keep the story moving on, but allow people to stay with it at the same time.

Like I say, this is my first attempt, but I really enjoyed it! I think I might have got the writing bug! So please, whether you like it or not, I’d love to hear what you think.

I already have one or two ideas for another story. So, if people seem to like this one, maybe I’ll get writing again!

Thanks for being patient and reading this post.

alli55
alli55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk