Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
Norse Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctvette2003 View Post
FYI - not everyone is a great speller myself included. If your looking for perfect grammar and spelling maybe you should go to a site with professional writers.
While that is true, and yes, people shouldn't get anal about perfect grammar and spelling, the spelling should still be at least half-way decent so the story makes sense, and I think the author is doing a damn fine job of that.

If that makes any sense...
Norse Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #17
Dicedarefan666
getDare Sweetheart

Default Sorry

Wow I had no idea there would be such a strong reaction to my criticism!

I just don't like words that are spelled incorrectly in such a way that they become a different word than was intended... I saw a couple of those in the first one and perhaps overreacted to the rest of the mistakes...

Still though... I feel as though we should all try to at least ensure that the words we type look more like the word we're trying to type than another word. For example dare minus the d is are. (I don't think that's the mistake he made, but rather, just an example I made up.) That causes the reader to have to go back and re-read the entire sentance to get context to figure out which one you meant. Poor grammar in a story makes that harder.

Hoevwer msot msiplelings are atculaly farily esay to fiugre out if the frist and lsat leettr are in thier porepr plceas. That's just the way the human brain works... so I suppose I should be more forgiving about those.
Dicedarefan666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk