Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-31-2015, 03:55 PM   #16
Gyev

It is a great idea. However, have you thought about sexual preferences and explanations of them? Maybe even separated sub-forums?

I think many people know basics about sexuality very early in their lives, what they do not know is exactly what you are talking about here, but also sexual preferences, paraphilias etc.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #17
swich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyev View Post
It is a great idea. However, have you thought about sexual preferences and explanations of them? Maybe even separated sub-forums?

I think many people know basics about sexuality very early in their lives, what they do not know is exactly what you are talking about here, but also sexual preferences, paraphilias etc.
Thank you for your feedback.
I really forgot to add a category for sexual preferences. Thanks for the head ups. What do you think, should I add it to "Health, lifestyle and misc" or "Relationships and love".

I am not creating a full subboard for it, because having too many categories before actually opening the forum, will have a negative impact on the usage because it looks so empty. We can expand later if there is need for it.
swich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:23 AM   #18
Gyev

For me "Health, lifestyle and misc" would be a better choice, as sexual preferences have less to do with emotions. I think sub-forum "Sex" may be also a reasonable option.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:19 AM   #19
BunniesOwner
Distinguished Member

Sexual perference is such a large topic it could almost be its own category.

http://bdsmtest.org/result.php?id=217893
BunniesOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #20
swich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyev View Post
For me "Health, lifestyle and misc" would be a better choice, as sexual preferences have less to do with emotions. I think sub-forum "Sex" may be also a reasonable option.
I decided to put it under "Health, lifestyle and misc". Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunniesOwner View Post
Sexual perference is such a large topic it could almost be its own category.
I do agree, however, like I said, "having too many categories before actually opening the forum, will have a negative impact on the usage because it looks so empty.". For the amount of topics I expect to be posted in the beginning, one single board will be fine.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #21
swich

Did some behind the scenes work today and added a gender and sexual orientation option.

How it looks:

Each gender has a different image.

The options:

Old 04-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #22
swich

Anyone who still wants to give their opinion?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #23
Gyev

As I see, it is very ok.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #24
revealingcyst

Send a message via AIM to revealingcyst

Someone I know collected data on what pronouns & genders people used. They found that there were over 100 unique real genders that couldn't be merged together.

On a sexual & relationship health site like this it might be a better idea for inclusivity's sake this site to have a text field for people to enter their pronouns in the form like he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/their, instead of asking about their gender. Think about why you're asking for gender - presumably it's just so that people know what pronouns to use?

Even if you aren't going to do that, "transgendered" is largely considered a dodgy term to use, as it makes it sound like something has happened to the person, like it's an ilness or something. See the following links: http://www.glaad.org/sites/default/f...minology_1.pdf , http://time.com/3630965/transgender-transgendered/

Also, be aware that some trans people are not going to use the options that state that they're trans, and that should be allowed, and that trans people should not feel like they're being encouraged to use those options. Trans people are never under any obligation to out themselves.

It may also be worth adding additional options to the orientation list: pansexual, heteromantic asexual, homoromantic asexual, biromantic asexual, and panromantic asexual. Again, perhaps a text field would make sense.

Feel free to PM/kik me

Likes: Bondage, costumes, dilemmas, mindgames, anal, pain, gags, humiliation, corner time, handwriting
Dislikes: Denial, typing lines, urine
Limits: scat, obvious public, sending IDable photos
Toys & Gear, Costumes, Underwear and PM dares
revealingcyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:32 AM   #25
swich

Quote:
Originally Posted by revealingcyst View Post
Someone I know collected data on what pronouns & genders people used. They found that there were over 100 unique real genders that couldn't be merged together.

On a sexual & relationship health site like this it might be a better idea for inclusivity's sake this site to have a text field for people to enter their pronouns in the form like he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/their, instead of asking about their gender. Think about why you're asking for gender - presumably it's just so that people know what pronouns to use?

Even if you aren't going to do that, "transgendered" is largely considered a dodgy term to use, as it makes it sound like something has happened to the person, like it's an ilness or something. See the following links: http://www.glaad.org/sites/default/f...minology_1.pdf , http://time.com/3630965/transgender-transgendered/

Also, be aware that some trans people are not going to use the options that state that they're trans, and that should be allowed, and that trans people should not feel like they're being encouraged to use those options. Trans people are never under any obligation to out themselves.

It may also be worth adding additional options to the orientation list: pansexual, heteromantic asexual, homoromantic asexual, biromantic asexual, and panromantic asexual. Again, perhaps a text field would make sense.
Thank you for your post. I totally understand your statement and I decided to replace the 'old' system with textboxes.

Edit:
Currently busy with producing content for the Dictionary. You can follow my progress here (list with all the terms I currently want to add):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It is short, but further information about the subject can be found in the blog, but this is just for the dictionary page.

Last edited by swich; 04-17-2015 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added stuff about dictionary.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #26
swich

Project is still alive! Searching for people willing to help to fill the dictionary and to make content for the blog or help promoting the site while I finish the last technical stuff.

Willing to help? Leave a message or sent a private message with what you want to do.

Note about the website: The website will be moved to a different host (Ofcourse, a paid host). Domain is coming after finishing the last stuff.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dictionary, forum, idea, sexual, website