Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
Quietwench

Pencil Dominants, please pay attention to your words

This entreaty comes from a submissive switch with not a whole lot of experience, but please at least give thought to what I am saying, please don't dismiss it out of turn.
You is going to refer to a dom(me) unless otherwise stated. She, her is going to refer to male or female submissive, simply for ease of typing.

Please, when you are talking to your sub, consider what words you use even if s(he) is ok with them. At first, words can often seem alright, your sub is ok with you using them on her, you have talked about what crosses the line and what doesn't, it seems like all the bases have been covered.
And yet, sometimes the words add up, at first seeming to have no effect, but over time they can make a person feel like the word. As an example, worthless, it can be paired with many other words, slut, whore, pet, love... And especially if a sub enjoys humiliation, or that sort of thing, a reasonable questions would be where is the harm in using it?

I cannot give an answer for all, but many times it can start to sink in far deeper than intended. It is capable of becoming a description the submissive uses to describe herself out of scene, because she has heard it so often and has started to believe it. It leaves a mark that doesn't necessarily fade, doesn't dim, and can lead to serious consequences in self esteem and other areas especially if the relationship stops working.

So while those words can be very enjoyable, and I am by no means suggesting abstaining, please consider the way you say it, and if there are counterbalances such as worthy, precious, loved, smart... Consider what words you use to address your submissive most frequently and what effect they can have.

Happy to hear others opinions

Thank you,

Quietwench

Last edited by Quietwench; 07-29-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Quietwench is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 users say Thank You to Quietwench for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk