Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #16
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp=noob=lol View Post
I think that the following rules would work perfectly:
-You cant post threads (all sections) until you have 10 posts
-You cant post threads in Tord Online section until you have 20 posts (to prevent too much Dare me!)
Not a bad idea.

Quote:
-You cant post threads in the Slave/Master section until you have 50 posts (just bcz the person who is asking for a slave/ master, is a bit known on the site)
Very good idea

Quote:
-Guests cant visit the slave/master section (to prevent that random ppl add you)
I think that is why we get a lot of new members so I don't know how much that would work....
Quote:
-and the last one: Only members of the MSN TORD GAME (from BigJoe) can visit that section, you first have to ask if you can join. This is to prevent ppl just adding others.
Rules to be invited would have to be set.

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #17
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

I think that Depp hasn't been on in a while, and should pay more attention, or he might just be very busy, as he normally seems to be this time of year so...

Rowing all day, erry Day
Old 02-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #18
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

yea. this really could be the slow time of the year due to the fact that most people on this site have school and/or other stuff to do such as work, clubs, sports, ect. However, thankfully, it looks like we are staying popular.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #19
Smile Guy
getDare Sweetheart

I actually disagree with depp=noob=lol's rules. We can't intimidate new people too much. My first over post was actually a thread, but it was offering a dare to the community as a "welcome-present", the MSN Dare Club is highly intimidating to newcomers... I remember someone posting a very good idea that got shot down and then they got threatened to be banned because they weren't a member of it. Hell, we can't have this site being viewed as grossly unfair. We do need some new people!
Smile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #20
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

we do need some new members smile guy and i've noticed since i got here that most people who join this site and give a post will average about 10 and then never come on again. we need some more members who will give many dares to this site not just one post and then leave. thats why i personally i like depp=nob=lol's rules but everyone is entitled to there own opinion
Old 02-04-2007, 08:53 AM   #21
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Quote:
I think that the following rules would work perfectly:
-You cant post threads (all sections) until you have 10 posts
-You cant post threads in Tord Online section until you have 20 posts (to prevent too much Dare me!)
-You cant post threads in the Slave/Master section until you have 50 posts (just bcz the person who is asking for a slave/ master, is a bit known on the site)
-Guests cant visit the slave/master section (to prevent that random ppl add you)
-and the last one: Only members of the MSN TORD GAME (from BigJoe) can visit that section, you first have to ask if you can join. This is to prevent ppl just adding others.

I know that rules arent fun, but without rules, this site will be a mess, bcz if more ppl are using the site, then more people will just abuse this site.

I think that this is the only way to keep getdare a great site.

Yes I agree with these rules I've been wanting something like that to prvent people from just coming and making one post and going, but maby the Master slave can be reduced a bit.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:46 AM   #22
xdressslave

Send a message via MSN to xdressslave Send a message via Yahoo to xdressslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutgod View Post
maby the Master slave can be reduced a bit.
Absolutly not. The master/slave section is one of the main reasons this site is getting so popular.

The slave/master scene is big, the problem is finding a place where people are actively looking for partners. GetDare (to my knowledge) is the most active website for this paticular genre.

By reducing this section, you'll be locking down a section of the tord community, and they will have little to nowhere else to go.

The proposed rules do have their merits, however I think to make them more effective, the post requirments must be lowered significantly. 50 posts to get into the slave/master section? No one would bother with that. They'll just post on other website, or even worse, spam the other boards of this website.

In addition, members should be free to make topics in most sections straight away. The only exception to this would be asking for dares etc. That should not be on.

I do agree that guests should not have access to the slave/master section. Making it registerd users will increase our member count significantly. I think people should be able to view the slave/master section, but not post in it till they have made 10 posts on the forums.

I think what would also help this section, is threads automatically being locked, after a period (say 2-4 weeks) of inactivity (no posts). That way, we wont have those annoying people posting to a slave request from 9 months ago.

I also think the forums should be more moderated. But not to the extent to these forums becomming like a militarised police state. Posts should be cleaned up. The same post in 5 different threads would be removed, but genuine interest or comment posts should remain. Mods shouldn't be afraid to use the "delete" option they have available to them.

For the dare section, threads asking for dares should be locked on sight, and deleted. If a reply with a dare (which hasn't been posted before) has been made, then the thread should be split, making that dare a whole new topic, where people can reply to that dare etc. It will make the place much more organised, than 20 dares spread accross 40 "dare me" threads.
A similar approch could be used for the truth section.

I've modded and am an admin on a few forums, and in my experience, locking users out with ridiciously high post requirments will result in less quality, and less quantity. The exact opposite of what we are trying to acheive.
xdressslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #23
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

i guess we have to wait and see wut depp thinks about these ideas.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #24
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdressslave View Post
Absolutly not. The master/slave section is one of the main reasons this site is getting so popular.

The slave/master scene is big, the problem is finding a place where people are actively looking for partners. GetDare (to my knowledge) is the most active website for this paticular genre.

By reducing this section, you'll be locking down a section of the tord community, and they will have little to nowhere else to go.
I agree 100%

Quote:
The proposed rules do have their merits, however I think to make them more effective, the post requirments must be lowered significantly. 50 posts to get into the slave/master section? No one would bother with that. They'll just post on other website, or even worse, spam the other boards of this website.
I don't even know if post counts matter, but maybe some reputation points.

Quote:
In addition, members should be free to make topics in most sections straight away. The only exception to this would be asking for dares etc. That should not be on.
That makes one hell of a lot of sense.

Quote:
I do agree that guests should not have access to the slave/master section. Making it registerd users will increase our member count significantly. I think people should be able to view the slave/master section, but not post in it till they have made 10 posts on the forums.
I don't know about that, because people who start threads will normally leave contact info, unless we make a rule saying that the requestee has to leave contact info, not the requester. That's the only way I see any good out of this rule.

Quote:
I think what would also help this section, is threads automatically being locked, after a period (say 2-4 weeks) of inactivity (no posts). That way, we wont have those annoying people posting to a slave request from 9 months ago.
I'd say 2 weeks maximum, unless the topic is still apicable to the site.

Quote:
I also think the forums should be more moderated. But not to the extent to these forums becomming like a militarised police state. Posts should be cleaned up. The same post in 5 different threads would be removed, but genuine interest or comment posts should remain. Mods shouldn't be afraid to use the "delete" option they have available to them.
We need more mods.....seeing as how I'm the only active Mod, and Depp isn't on that much, I do the best I can do in a decent amount of time. I don't know if we need an Admin, or more Mods or what, but at least a few people have to be added to the staff.

Quote:
For the dare section, threads asking for dares should be locked on sight, and deleted. If a reply with a dare (which hasn't been posted before) has been made, then the thread should be split, making that dare a whole new topic, where people can reply to that dare etc. It will make the place much more organised, than 20 dares spread accross 40 "dare me" threads.
Threads asking for dares are moved.

Quote:
I've modded and am an admin on a few forums, and in my experience, locking users out with ridiciously high post requirments will result in less quality, and less quantity. The exact opposite of what we are trying to acheive.
I agree

Rowing all day, erry Day
Old 02-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
heydarehowareyou

Quote:
... but maby the Master slave can be reduced a bit.
When Glutgod said this, I thought he meant the number of minimum posts suggested earlier (50) for Master/Slave posts should be reduced a bit.
heydarehowareyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #26
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Quote:

I agree with most of this but I think that the users should have to post a certin amount I mean even if they do not bother with it and go away them I say good riddance we don't need people like them becuse they wont contribute to the fourms in any way ,if you let them go any were , so I think we need that postage amount.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #27
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
I agree with most of this but I think that the users should have to post a certin amount I mean even if they do not bother with it and go away them I say good riddance we don't need people like them becuse they wont contribute to the fourms in any way ,if you let them go any were , so I think we need that postage amount.
i really couldnt agree more glutgod. its not the quanity that is important and weve had a lot of quanity lately, but it is the quality of the website. When i started on the website there wasnt nearly as many posts as there are now but the quality was amazing. With the site growing more and more popular the quality is decreasing more and more. To many people asking for a slave or a master or a dare one day and when i check there profile they havent on the website since. If people are not willing to be active on the website then good riddance u r not going to help this website in any way shape or form (sorry about the angry rant lol)

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare