Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 09-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
Ranzid
Account Banned

Default Have we lost respect for titles?

So yes im back after a sabbatical.

What im seeing these days in the community worries me , the old titles of sub/slave/Dom/Master/Domme/Mistress are being used so freely and with so little regard for what they had meant for so many years that the titles are now barely important at all.

Now I understand that between tops and bottoms roles can be dynamic , along with switches .. thats the whole idea, but if the other titles can mean whatever you want them to mean what use are they?

When I started in kink their was a structure, even to rigid for me , that allowed for all these dynamics and role changes and yet gave respect and creedance to the titles provided.

A Dom could reliably be Dominant and not in passing , in the bedroom or when they felt like it, Masters were people who had mastery over the art of domination and were usually experienced and dedicated individuals who lived and breathed D/s or M/s , the title when I started was not a self identification but an awarded title of service and respect.

Now im not trying to be snobish as one of the things i love about kink is that we grow and develop over time , but if we become so unstructured and so free with everything then there will be nothing left to evolve.

anyway just wondered about anyone's thoughts on this.

Toodle pip.

-Master Ranzid
Old 09-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
andrei

Just a humble opinion.

Do you know the website collarspace.com?
Everyone seems to look for the exact terms there.

I tried to find someone just to learn together from our fetishes but every response sounded like: you are fake, don't call yourself dominant or slave because bla bla etc.

Maybe some of getdare slaves or doms are just people who believe they are and they will discover in time if they are up to this. But this way they don't feel the urge to leave a site just because some are acting as pros and cutting their dreams.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
Ranzid
Account Banned

Ive been on collarspace and collarme before it and honestly I found quite a mixed bag of people , some however were very snobish about titles which was quite off putting.

Im not trying to say that everyone should conform to a dictionary definition of titles but at the very least id hope people hold true to some core values like a Dom being dominant and sub being submissive?

also I didnt mean to say that any level of experience would preclude someone from using a title, simply that saying your an olympic athlete just because you want to be one doesnt really work for me , if your brand new to kink and call yourself a Master and also pretend to have all the knowledge and skills needed it just makes the community worse , however if you just call yourself what you are then theres no issue?

I also didnt mean that anyone should leave the site or any site for that matter or be bullied into it by people saying they are fake. the only way to be fake is to say your one thing and be another , so if you say your Dom but actually just want to be dominated then you are fake to me , if you want both call yourself a switch.

is it so wrong to want titles to mean something again? or is that to old fashioned these days?

Advertisements
Kink Talk